PDA

View Full Version : Federer in the WTA

ARIARAIDEN
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
If Roger at his peak would play 20 years in the WTA could he win every match without losing a set or maybe a game?

Devilito
12-07-2011, 10:02 AM
If Roger at his peak would play 20 years in the WTA could he win every match without losing a set or maybe a game?

http://cksalvo.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/thinkingmonkey.jpg

rdis10093
12-07-2011, 10:09 AM
set perhaps, game would be a tough feat.

aphex
12-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Obviously he's not losing any service games.
Maybe he'd lose a couple of games against peak Venus in 10 matches.
I can't see any other way he could lose a game...

jones101
12-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Venus/Serens/Stosur may win a game or two per set, providing the court was quick enough.

Due to the lefty aspect, I think Kvitova could double bagel him:)

Telepatic
12-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Maybe he could lose a set in a TB against Serena serving clutch on grass. :)

AM95
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
that'd be interesting to see.

Tammo
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
in the WTA today the only 3 that could take a set would be Kvitova, Seren adn Stosur. the coyrt would be grass.

rdis10093
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
what if he just has a really bad day, like that time he lost to novak and broke his racquet.

you can still be in form and just have a bad match

aphex
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Maybe he could lose a set in a TB against Serena serving clutch on grass. :)

in the WTA today the only 3 that could take a set would be Kvitova, Seren adn Stosur. the coyrt would be grass.

Set?
How clueless are you people?

rdis10093
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM

they would have to be playing out of their body to take a set from him.

helloworld
12-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Another silly thread. Federer would win every match even if he plays for 30 straight years. He might lose games, and maybe even a set once in 10 years, but he'd definitely win every match.

akv89
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Anyone can lose a game with 4 unforced errors. It's not difficult to imagine Federer doing that against any professional tennis player of either gender in a single match, never mind 20 years.

Tammo
12-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Set?
How clueless are you people?

you obviously didn't notice Fed's worst result in the slams was on the grass, and Kvitova blew away the competition. If Fed were to play Kvitova right now on grass and play 3 sets, Kvitova would at least win one set. Doesn't anybody realize Fed can only win on indoor HC's?

Carsomyr
12-07-2011, 11:00 AM
you obviously didn't notice Fed's worst result in the slams was on the grass, and Kvitova blew away the competition. If Fed were to play Kvitova right now on grass and play 3 sets, Kvitova would at least win one set. Doesn't anybody realize Fed can only win on indoor HC's?

:lol::lol::lol:

kishnabe
12-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Maybe he would lose a game if he played left handed while facing his back towards from the net.

Warriorroger
12-07-2011, 11:05 AM
If Sabatini had a great serve, that would be an interesting match against Roger, she was like a female Nadal with all her topspin, on her best days she gave legend Steffi the most trouble.

rdis10093
12-07-2011, 11:06 AM

first post says he is at his peak.

The Bawss
12-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Games? yes.
Sets? not likely.
Matches? Hell to the naw.

mattennis
12-07-2011, 11:30 AM
If he is seriously trying, he would never lose a single game in any set.

When Connors and Navratilova played (in 92 I believe), Connors won 7-5 6-2 and he was allowed only one serve per point and Martina could hit in the doubles area if she wanted (or half of it, don't remember exactly). Navratilova was top-5 in the WTA then, whereas Connors was not even in the top-50 in the ATP at that moment I think.

Arancha Sanchez Vicario (then a top-3 player in WTA) played against her brother Emilio Sanchez Vicario the very same day with all the usual rules but one thing: every game started with 40-0 up for Arancha.

Emilio won the match 6-0 (It was a one set match). It was played on clay, on their club.

Arancha has told of this match many times when the Connors-Navratilova match has been talked about, and said as well that no woman could defeat a top-1000 male player if them both are competing seriously.

Tammo
12-07-2011, 11:30 AM
first post says he is at his peak.

Oh at his peak then it would only be games.

rdis10093
12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Games? yes.
Sets? not likely.
Matches? Hell to the naw.

somes it all up

mattennis
12-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Furthermore, I've seen Chris Evert on TV saying that when she was number 1 in the WTA she could not beat her own brother (who wasn't even ranked in the ATP). Capriati said as well that she could not beat her brother (who wasn't a professional tennis player). Davenport could not beat her husband.

Do you believe Federer would lose a single game?

Arancha Sanchez said the main differences are athletic ability and heavyness, spin on the ball.

TennisCJC
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM

No way any of these 3 take even a set. Maybe if they play great and Fed is off they win 4 games. Average set scores would be 6-2, 6-1, 6-0.

A few years ago that spastic who was ranked about 100 on ATP played Venus and Serena a set each at Aus Open. He was highlighted on Tennis Channel as top 5 spastic/weirdest games of all time - he was a tall lanky lefty with arms and legs flying everywhere. He also smoked on the change over until ATP banned on court smoking. He beat the Williams sisters like 6-1 and 6-2 in each of their sets.

That's how big the gap is between top men and top women. In Federer's prime, he would beat this guy in staight sets every time.

Mick
12-07-2011, 12:08 PM
it would never happen because if the wta let federer play there, nadal, the djoker, and the whole atp guys would join him too and we would end up with the same results that we got today, except none of female pros would have any grand slam title.

TennisCJC
12-07-2011, 12:11 PM

Fed is one of the all time best players on grass. I dig Kvit but she would be lucky to win 4 games in any set much less win a set.

veritech
12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
if an alcoholic, cigarette smoking, 40 year old can take a set each from the williams sisters, then a prime fit federer can have bagels for breakfast, lunch AND dinner courtesy of the wta for years and years.

tennis_pro
12-07-2011, 01:30 PM
No contest. Prime Serena would struggle to win games against Federer on a super fast grass court, she'd have to hit 3 or 4 1st serves in at full speed just to take games off Fed.

The only problem for Fed would be losing focus cause it would be way too easy to win matches.

sunof tennis
12-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Fed at even 45 would not lose a set to anyone on the WTA now or ever.
By the way, neither would Nadal

sunof tennis
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Yes, he has lost to Nadal, Tsonga (playing out of his mind) and Berdych.
Losing to those individuals tells us nothing about how he would do against a WTA. If you think Kvitova takes a set from Roger, I think it's time to go back on you meds.

tennis_pro
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes, he has lost to Nadal, Tsonga (playing out of his mind) and Berdych.
Losing to those individuals tells us nothing about how he would do against a WTA. If you think Kvitova takes a set from Roger, I think it's time to go back on you meds.

Kvitova playing out of her mind wouldn't stand a chance agaisnt ******** on any surface. She looks so good on the tele againt fellow WTA players but people have no idea how much harder men hit. There's a reason we have separate tours, the difference is just huge.

merwy
12-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry for sounding so pessimistic but this thread is just stupid.. I mean, seriously, are we going to discuss such a random hypothetical situation here? How many games/sets would Federer lose in the WTA if he played there for 20 years?

"Oh i think he would lose 12 games in total"
"No, are you stupid? He would only lose like 2 or 3 games, the WTA sucks"!
"What!?!?! 2-3 games?? Do you even play tennis yourself?!?! The correct answer is 5 games"!
"Hurr durr he could lose a set to Stosur or Serena Williams if they played well" (Literally ONLY because of their manly figure -_-)

Who cares? If Federer would somehow be forced to play in the WTA for 20 years he would probably kill himself or die of boredom..

Again, sorry for sounding like a jerk

cjj14u
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
No WTA player who has ever lived would even come close to taking a set...

Pam Shriver went to my High School and played on my Tennis Team.

Our #1 male at the time was a guy ranked #15 or so in MALTA 16s.

He played Pam in the first round of a local tourney and beat her 2 and 3....

Two weeks later (1978) Pam upset Martina in the Semis of the USO and lost to Evert in the final....

BTW the guy that beat Pam in the first round of the tourney lost in the next round 4 and 4.....

As someone else posted..If he really tried, no one would take a game against RF......

gramdacious
12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
lol at this whole thread

heftylefty
12-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Wow...Tennis season cannot begin soon enough.

Enough with the Man vs Women threads.

Magnetite
12-07-2011, 02:15 PM
He'd rarely if ever lose a set, but it he'd definitely lose a few games here and there.

Kaz00
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
He would never lose a set. All Fed would have to do is slice some backhands because they obviously have never seen a real slice.

ledwix
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
A more interesting question to me is how a 40 year old Federer would fare in the WTA.

SirGounder
12-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Lol these threads crack me up. I know they are ridiculous but they are still entertaining.

TERRASTAR18
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
if an alcoholic, cigarette smoking, 40 year old can take a set each from the williams sisters, then a prime fit federer can have bagels for breakfast, lunch AND dinner courtesy of the wta for years and years.
there were 18 and 19...

TERRASTAR18
12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
there's a women's tour and a men's tour......the end. there are physical differences between men and women, not to mention the historical advantages men have in sport. it's insulting to compare them like they are equal and this is coming from a man. i'm a fed fan, but some of you need to face the facts that fed hasn't won any majors for a couple of years and isn't gonna win anymore, and should just retire....that's the facts. it's irrelevant how he would do against the wta because he doesn't play them. comparing an atp player to the wta is like comparing the us to bangladesh, of course the us would come ahead because it has advantages. just like fed. women's sports lag behind in funding and development. let's compare fed to djoker.

wilkinru
12-07-2011, 03:18 PM
40 yr old fed?

I want a 48 year old fed out there.

He'd STILL win.

rudester
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
This thread is beyond surreal. curiosity made me check it out.
I must apologize to myself, for indulging in this cheap entertainment.
Cheers

Dark Victory
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I watched some Federer matches from 2005 TMC earlier today.

For god's sake he sent Gaudio packing 6-0, 6-0. Poor ******* couldn't even win a game.

If he's serious, no WTA player would EVER win a game, much less a set.

He'd probably lose points on unforced errors and shanked service returns, but this much i'm sure, any WINNER scored against him by a female player would be an extreme rarity.

sonicare
12-07-2011, 03:56 PM

For god's sake he sent Gaudio packing 6-0, 6-0. Poor ******* couldn't even win a game.

He'd probably lose points on unforced errors and shanked service returns, but this much i'm sure, any WINNER scored against him by a female player would be an extreme rarity.

Yeh.. but there are people right here on TT who are conviced they can get a game off federer

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHA

Nathaniel_Near
12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
His only chance of losing a match would be to injury or disqualification. He would lose games but I can't imagine him even losing one set on his road to 20 consecutive CYGSs.

It goes without saying that however great Graf or Navratilova were, they are not really comparable in terms of tennis capabilities objectively speaking to the like of Federer, or just male pros.

zam88
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
The top player in college tennis would win the grand slam in the WTA without dropping a set.

any player including federer would get so bored after 2-3 consecutive CYGS's without dropping a set that they would completely quit training and the big risk then would be getting injured.

Injury and boredom is the only thing that would stop a top 5000 male player in the world from getting a CYGS without dropping a set.

zam88
12-07-2011, 04:42 PM
The better thread would've been if John McEnroe or Bjorn Borg could win the calendar year grand slam on the WTA.

I know Sampras or Agassi could right now

rdis10093
12-07-2011, 04:44 PM
no way anyone on here could take a game from fed.

Bobby Jr
12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
His sheer boredom would create the most likely change any WTA player would have at getting a game off him. Still, even in half-arsed mode he'd beat them pretty comfortably.

Tammo
12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=sunof tennis;6164042]Yes, he has lost to Nadal, Tsonga (playing out of his mind) and Berdych.
Losing to those individuals tells us nothing about how he would do against a WTA. If you think Kvitova takes a set from Roger, I think it's time to go

Yeah on grass Fed can just crush Tsonga and guess what, he can even beat a 30 yo Hewitt at Halle. IMO Kvitova hits just as hard as hewitt...

jokinla
12-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Serena is the queen/king(I think she has one ball) of the WTA, and she couldn't hang with Karsten Braasch, yet somehow she could get a set off of Fed? Peak or not, she could maybe get some games.

jokinla
12-07-2011, 09:29 PM
No way any of these 3 take even a set. Maybe if they play great and Fed is off they win 4 games. Average set scores would be 6-2, 6-1, 6-0.

A few years ago that spastic who was ranked about 100 on ATP played Venus and Serena a set each at Aus Open. He was highlighted on Tennis Channel as top 5 spastic/weirdest games of all time - he was a tall lanky lefty with arms and legs flying everywhere. He also smoked on the change over until ATP banned on court smoking. He beat the Williams sisters like 6-1 and 6-2 in each of their sets.

That's how big the gap is between top men and top women. In Federer's prime, he would beat this guy in staight sets every time.

He was ranked 200.

SirGounder
12-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeh.. but there are people right here on TT who are conviced they can get a game off federer

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHA

I could get a game off Federer, assuming I hired a ninja to to cripple him first. Even then, I'd have to be at my peak.

Heck, Fed's twins could probably beat me.

monfed
12-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I'd love to see Federer vs Mauresmo on 90s grass. Beautiful BH exhibition!

cork_screw
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Dudes, let's put this in perspective. We're talking about the goat who at the age of 30 where most people who are of the same age like roddick, Hewitt safin are either retired or well outside the top 10, and this legend is so good he's still in the top 3. Think of all the top players from around the world in the prime age who can't break top 5 and roger is doing this at 30, now you're comparing it to a clump of women who include date krumm, kleybanova and wozniacki and you're needing to include the hypothetical insert that fed needs to dominate this sorry field in his prime? Are you kidding? 50 year old fed could do this.

Anyways Serena doesn't count. She's more dude than anything else. Hasn't anyone noticed her large penis protruding from her dress?

GasquetGOAT
12-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I'd love to see Federer vs Mauresmo on 90s grass. Beautiful BH exhibition!

You mean Federer vs Haas, right? Coz the female Haas would not even get the chance to "exhibit" her backhand unless Fed let her.

GasquetGOAT
12-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Not if Nadal has a sex change.

swordtennis
12-07-2011, 10:26 PM
No contest.
Total Annihilation.
Even the juicy WTA no chance.

merwy
12-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Not if Nadal has a sex change.

LOL I wouldn't want to meet a woman that can hit forehands like Rafael Nadal.. would be some scary stuff.

merwy
12-07-2011, 11:23 PM
there's a women's tour and a men's tour......the end. there are physical differences between men and women, not to mention the historical advantages men have in sport. it's insulting to compare them like they are equal and this is coming from a man. i'm a fed fan, but some of you need to face the facts that fed hasn't won any majors for a couple of years and isn't gonna win anymore, and should just retire....that's the facts. it's irrelevant how he would do against the wta because he doesn't play them. comparing an atp player to the wta is like comparing the us to bangladesh, of course the us would come ahead because it has advantages. just like fed. women's sports lag behind in funding and development. let's compare fed to djoker.

So you're a Federer fan but you want him to stop playing tennis? I don't even feel like putting in the energy to argue about this since you must be trolling anyway. But whatever i agree that this thread is stupid

aphex
12-07-2011, 11:42 PM

tusharlovesrafa
12-07-2011, 11:45 PM
i vomited after looking at this forum..Seriously !!lol

Sentinel
12-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Nice thread.

slice bh compliment
12-08-2011, 12:11 AM

Karsten Braasch is an alcoholic? That is news to me.
Can you verify that claim, veritech?

Oh, and Rog playing women's tennis is funny. His on-court luggage would be fabulously off the charts and ova the top.

I'd rather see him using his time helping kids, building schools, hitting with young players, broadcasting and generally being an ambassador for the game.

jokinla
12-08-2011, 08:43 AM

I'm sure this nonsense was spoutted about Sampras as well, who was nowhere near the top and continually going deep in slams, yet still retired after winning a slam, those are facts, what you said is just nonsense.

woodrow1029
12-08-2011, 09:07 AM
The people that say that Federer could lose a set to certain WTA players, are you for real, or just keeping with the spirit of this silly thread?

hugobosstachini
12-08-2011, 09:47 AM
This thread is completely flawed... if Frederer played in the WTA that would obviously mean that he'd be a woman which suggest that he'd be a little less faster, less powerful and certainly his serve would be a little less devastating... Justine was the closest player on the tour to Frede so I'd see something like she did in 2006/2007...

Frede has this more special thing to his game the majority of today's girls do not have... and I doubt he'd be beating the girls just with sole power, they're very powerful too but with his variety, net play and ESPECIALLY slices, that shot alone can be enough to atomize any of Serena etc...

As for the Frederer/Kvitova match up, that'd be interesting, Kvitova's game is designed for grass, flat, low bounce, ball comes very quick in her racket and she also has the variety, net transition and slice... she can change directions at will, her technique is very simple yet efficient... only her movement can at times penalize her... but she's deadly on the run if on the ball especially with that FH side...

TERRASTAR18
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
So you're a Federer fan but you want him to stop playing tennis? I don't even feel like putting in the energy to argue about this since you must be trolling anyway. But whatever i agree that this thread is stupid

no one's trolling, you are just self important.....of course i want him to retire if he is choking away mp to the djoker, what's next murray beats him?

TERRASTAR18
12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
This thread is completely flawed... if Frederer played in the WTA that would obviously mean that he'd be a woman which suggest that he'd be a little less faster, less powerful and certainly his serve would be a little less devastating... Justine was the closest player on the tour to Frede so I'd see something like she did in 2006/2007...

Frede has this more special thing to his game the majority of today's girls do not have... and I doubt he'd be beating the girls just with sole power, they're very powerful too but with his variety, net play and ESPECIALLY slices, that shot alone can be enough to atomize any of Serena etc...

As for the Frederer/Kvitova match up, that'd be interesting, Kvitova's game is designed for grass, flat, low bounce, ball comes very quick in her racket and she also has the variety, net transition and slice... she can change directions at will, her technique is very simple yet efficient... only her movement can at times penalize her... but she's deadly on the run if on the ball especially with that FH side...
how many ppl with slices have beaten serena again? crickets.....btw kvitova has 1 major.

TERRASTAR18
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm sure this nonsense was spoutted about Sampras as well, who was nowhere near the top and continually going deep in slams, yet still retired after winning a slam, those are facts, what you said is just nonsense.

nonsense? but yet he hasn't done it yet, going deep isn't the same as winning just ask zvonreva, safina,roddick,murray, henman,etc. sampras did it against a weaker field than today, so that's apples and oranges....

Mick
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
i love women's tennis but i don't think the top wta players could beat their male hitting partners, let alone play competitively with federer.

Fugazi
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
He would lose games. Wouldn't lose a set probably.