PDA

View Full Version : I wouldve never guessed this in a million years!!!!!!!!

Lakoste
07-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Venus and Serena To Star In Reality TV Show?!?!?!
Big suprise there
Sorry if there was already a thread about this

"BURBANK, Serena and Venus Williams will be starring in their version of a tennis reality show.

The sisters' off-court lives - their family, friends and the glamour of big-time tennis - will be featured in a six-episode show that is still untitled but set to premiere on ABC Family in July, it was announced Monday.

"The series will provide our fans with an up-close, inside look at our lives away from the tennis courts," Venus Williams said.

The sisters have won 11 major single titles between them and are competing at the Nasdaq-100 Open in Key Biscayne, Fla. Serena is ranked No. 4 in the world and Venus is No. 9.

Serena Williams said she and her sister welcome the chance to "branch out into a new medium."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/ontv/032905_ent_williams_realtytv.html

Docalex007
07-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Though I could think of many other tennis players that I would want to see in an inside scoop tennis reality series, I will probably be watching this for the tennis. I want all access Roger Federer practice video footage and I want it now!

Haka Boy
07-15-2005, 06:37 PM
The only question now for us all is "if it doesnt rate well in television terms" what percentage will the sisters rate the standard of television production....50%, 40%, 30% ...............

tennissavy
07-15-2005, 07:54 PM
The only question now for us all is "if it doesnt rate well in television terms" what percentage will the sisters rate the standard of television production....50%, 40%, 30% ...............
good one!!!!

obackvalobasha
07-16-2005, 04:43 AM
I too got a sneekpick of that reality show the other day. DID you see sarena next to swiming pool. you can see her ****! and they look bigg! LOL

RafaN RichardG
07-16-2005, 05:40 AM
They're probably already done filming it, or at least almost done. Like with mtv's real world, they were already into their season thta airs now, when RW philly was ending.

Babblelot
07-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Gawd, the talking heads have been promoting this for months. I caught a bit of the actual show when they were in Rome for the WTA tourney. The entourage, which featured the sisters and Oracene, walked about the streets of Rome dressed like 3 Cleopatra's eating (mostly chocolate) everywhere they went. A camera crew and a mob of Italians followed them everywhere. (We're supposed to believe this is their "reality"; i.e., shooting a TV show is a mundane ouccurance for these girls.)

Prediction: Serena will be 250# before she ever sees 130# again.

As I said in another thread, I can't wait for the day the other Compton, CA product, Angela Haynes, knocks these two clowns into their alternative lifestyles, permanently.

PusherMan
07-16-2005, 08:16 AM
"As I said in another thread, I can't wait for the day the other Compton, CA product, Angela Haynes, knocks these two clowns into their alternative lifestyles, permanently."

It would be cool to see it happen, but Haynes won't get close to either sister in GS wins.

Ronaldo
07-16-2005, 08:23 AM
http://abcfamily.go.com/venusandserena/index.html

Andy Hewitt
07-16-2005, 08:51 AM
http://abcfamily.go.com/venusandserena/index.html
Im gonna see Ronaldo play today! Yes!! Double Hattrick hero!

Babblelot
07-17-2005, 03:27 AM
"As I said in another thread, I can't wait for the day the other Compton, CA product, Angela Haynes, knocks these two clowns into their alternative lifestyles, permanently."

It would be cool to see it happen, but Haynes won't get close to either sister in GS wins.
Hmm... a couple slams for Angela and never having to watch the Williams sister again....

That's a good trade-off, IMO.

(Every time a draw comes out, I always hope the Williams sisters play the same day, so I know which days I can watch tennis... v. forced to watch them, Richard and/or Oracene exclusively. Not a fan.)

Bertchel Banks
07-17-2005, 06:19 AM
What ever happened to the Andy Roddick show?

Noelle
07-17-2005, 06:49 AM
No such show, Bertchel. Apparently Roddick didn't sign with the show for fear it would distract him from tennis (according to TENNIS Magazine). There WAS a show he did with Mardy Fish and Bob and Mike Bryan, called "My Ride," where they rode around in a bus doing tennis exhibitions across the US. That one will probably be only one or two episodes long and will air before the US Open.

Free_Martha
07-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Must Miss TV.

adamc637
07-17-2005, 12:17 PM
If you watch the intro to that site, one of the sisters serve left-handed. Just something I noticed =P.

Ronaldo
07-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Andy, did Ronaldo and Beckham play for Real Madrid in Chicago?