PDA

View Full Version : Is Chris Paul worth Gasol AND Odom?

scotus
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
It looks like the Lakers got CP3, but at the cost of Gasol and Odom.

What do you think of this move?

Now the Lakers have only Bynum down the post, and we all know he only plays half the season at best.

Unless the Lakers can put together a package around Bynum to get Howard, they are in trouble.

anhuynh16
12-08-2011, 04:54 PM
It looks like the Lakers got CP3, but at the cost of Gasol and Odom.

What do you think of this move?

Now the Lakers have only Bynum down the post, and we all know he only plays half the season at best.

Unless the Lakers can put together a package around Bynum to get Howard, they are in trouble.

if gasol makes it down to houston we houstonians will be happy :D

scotus
12-08-2011, 04:58 PM
As a Laker fan, I would have been happier if the they gave up Gasol and Walton/Fisher, better yet Caracter/Blake/Barnes/WorldPeace.

I keep thinking the Lakers gave up too much in that trade.

shaysrebelII
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
The idea might be to now flip Bynum/World Peace/a whole buncha future considerations to Orlando for Howard and Hedo Turkoglu's joke of a contract. That would give the Lakers their own Big 3, in Kobe, CP3, and Howard.

I'm not even sure if this is possible, but thinking of the hell that would break loose because of it makes me smile.

scotus
12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok, now the CP3 deal has been put on hold. We'll wait and see what happens.

LeeD
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Lots of very knowledgeable people seem to favor CP, most citing his seasons playing with Chandler and West (who's much better than most give him credit for), and expect him to make Kobe into a more rested superstar, and to take some pressure off K. Possibly with CP, another big man heads for LA, thru some convoluted trade deal.
Odom...what a waste. Pure basking in his own glory, no consistent play.
Gasol...skills for sure, question of heart...sorry, maybe tightening up under pressure, he seems to genuinely be trying his best.
Chandler? Big stiff, can block and defend, but worth 15 mil? You kidding?
LA is sure another big man is coming.

anhuynh16
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
a little out of topic but BG tweeted earlier he got traded- true or not?

TennisCoachFLA
12-08-2011, 05:46 PM
It was a 3 way deal that got cancelled. The Hornets are owned by the NBA. The other owners raised hell about the deal and Stern cancelled it.

The lockout was to prevent more super teams. So this would have looked lame, being the NBA owned team did it.

anhuynh16
12-08-2011, 05:48 PM
It was a 3 way deal that got cancelled. The Hornets are owned by the NBA. The other owners raised hell about the deal and Stern cancelled it.

The lockout was to prevent more super teams. So this would have looked lame, being the NBA owned team did it.
yup just saw that on espn, very disapointed now

jamesblakefan#1
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Giving up that much for one guy is always a huge risk. And Paul already has a history of knee problems. Unless they got Howard guaranteed, this would have been a risky deal and wouldn't have guaranteed a title for LA. They would have had no bench and essentially have been in the same boat as Miami last year.

joe sch
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
That trade is terrible. I will no longer be a laker fan, especially since Im now in Dallas and like the Maverics better. On second thought ... thats an outstanding trade to help further put the Laker championship hopes into history.

cork_screw
12-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Gasol, Odom only for Dwight Howard. They have a void in the center position which glass knees Bynum as their center. If Bynum wasn't such a brittle baby they would have a good team. But most successful teams need a dominant big man whether it be a power forward or a center. I do not base any positives until, they land someone to replace bynum. Maybe trade bynum and all the other hacks like Walton etc for a good center.

cork_screw
12-08-2011, 06:23 PM
..... dfdsadf

scotus
12-08-2011, 11:34 PM
I do not understand the NBA owners' reaction.

Why would they be so against Paul's being traded to the Lakers?

It is not as though Paul was being added to the so-called "star-studded" Lakers. By giving up Gasol and Odom, the Lakers would have been left with Kobe and Bynum as the only legitimate star players (Sorry to Metta World Peace).

So the Lakers go from having 4 super stars to 3 super stars. How is that regarded as such an unfair advantage?

Big_Dangerous
12-09-2011, 12:10 AM
if gasol makes it down to houston we houstonians will be happy :D

Actually I wasn't real happy with the deal.

I like Gasol a lot, but if they have to give up Scola and Kevin Martin, then that's really overpaying for Gasol.

I'm relieved the NBA blocked the deal.

They're better with K-Mart and Scola then they would be with just Gasol.

Moose Malloy
12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal in principle to acquire star point guard Chris Paul from the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday, according to multiple reports.

The deal, which was expected to be approved by the league Wednesday night, will reportedly see the Clippers send guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets.

The sources said the Clippers will also receive two future second-round picks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Los-Angeles-Clippers-Chris-Paul-trade-New-Orleans-Hornets-Eric-Gordon-Chris-Kaman-Al-Farouq-Aminu-121411

jamesblakefan#1
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Too much for a guy that probably won't resign there IMO. That and now they have 5 PGs on their roster (Billups, Mo Williams, Bledsoe, Foye, CP)

scotus
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
With Magic not willing to trade Dwight Howard, it looks like the Lakers are the big loser this season.

They lost the reigning Sixth Man of the Year and have nothing to show for it.

scotus
12-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Josh McRoberts, is that the best the Lakers can do this season?