PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols or A-Rod: Which player you prefer ?

TMF
12-08-2011, 11:35 PM
If you have a choice to pick one player to play for your team, which player would to choose between Pujols and Rodriguez ?

A-Rod is a better athlete and is a better base stealer, but Pujols is a better hitter. Both players each won 3 MVP.

I would take Pujols.

jamesblakefan#1
12-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Pujols no question. Doesn't choke in the playoffs, and (I believe) has done it clean, though of course there's no telling with anyone these days.

r2473
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
If you have a choice to pick one player to play for your team, which player would to choose between (Prince Albert, Phat Albert, The Machine, El Hombre) and (A-Fraud) ?

I fixed the question. This should get the rather obvious response we are looking for.

I would like to add another candidate (to ridicule):

Barry Junk Bonds
Barry Out on Bail Bonds
The Hormone King
Barry Balm
The Flaxseed Wonder
The Insulin Insolent
Sultan of Shot
Swingin' Syringe

ollinger
12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
We've lost count in NY of how many third strikes Arod looked at this year. Amazing LA didn't learn from the Arod expeience about the wisdom of giving that many years to a guy in his 30s.

jamesblakefan#1
12-09-2011, 08:52 AM
I fixed the question. This should get the rather obvious response we are looking for.

I would like to add another candidate (to ridicule):

Barry Junk Bonds
Barry Out on Bail Bonds
The Hormone King
Barry Balm
The Flaxseed Wonder
The Insulin Insolent
Sultan of Shot
Swingin' Syringe

Off topic (probably), but the steroid thing is one of the most overblown things since it's obvious that 75% of the guys (if not more) were doing it anyways. Griffey's the only star guy I have somewhat faith didn't use roids, since his body pretty much gave out on him and that likely wouldn't be the case if he was on the juice. But Bonds get's too much crap for something that pretty much everyone was doing.

TMF
12-09-2011, 09:10 AM
We've lost count in NY of how many third strikes Arod looked at this year. Amazing LA didn't learn from the Arod expeience about the wisdom of giving that many years to a guy in his 30s.

You can't conclude Pujols's career will follow the same path as A-Rod, who had a history of performing poorly in the post season. Pujols batting average was .353 and .691 slugging % in the 2011 post season. That's better than A-Rod in all the years he played for NY & Rangers.

ollinger
12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't think the post season is the issue, but rather how much (and how soon) decline there's going to be in Pujols' performance, as there already has been in Arod's. Arod is in his mid 30s, they'll be paying Pujols until he's about 42.

thug the bunny
12-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm a Yankee fan since birth (grew up 3rd st Manhattan), and I don't like A-rod. Overrated, overpaid, choker, and an *****hole.

sportsfan1
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Pujols obviously, great slugger and just does what he has to while being low key.