PDA

View Full Version : Help: buying something from overseas

Li Ching Yuen
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
So I want to buy something for someone that's living in America.

And I would want to buy that from America and have it delivered to her rather than buying here (Europe) and then shipping it.

Do you any of you know if there is a solution for this?

Thanks a lot.

r2473
12-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Post your credit card number and your girlfriends address and phone number and I'll take care of everything.

mikeler
12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Post your credit card number and your girlfriends address and phone number and I'll take care of everything.

Don't forget the 3 digit security code.

LeeD
12-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Is that considered "drop shipping"?
Some companies won't do it, while other's will. Manufacturer and wholesalers tend to avoid such, while most retailers can handle it. Just call and find out.

adamX012
12-09-2011, 08:11 PM
So I want to buy something for someone that's living in America.

And I would want to buy that from America and have it delivered to her rather than buying here (Europe) and then shipping it.

Do you any of you know if there is a solution for this?

Thanks a lot.

Have an US item deliver to your current address using your credit card at this site (pretty safe). Then, mail the item to your girl from you. Hope it helps, Ching Yuen. By the way, I like your Chinese name.

Li Ching Yuen
12-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Doesn't Amazon deal with this kind of scenario?

GoSurfBoy
12-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Many companies won't accept a credit card from a foreign nation. Best to check with the place you wish to buy from.

If not, see if the store accepts PayPal. That's pretty easy to set up (I helped a girlfriend in Japan get set up, as she shops online a lot, what with the US Peso being so cheap), or maybe even look on E..bay. Look at the Seller's rating to be sure.

dennis10is
12-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Simplest solution is for you to sneak into the US, break into the company's warehouse, steal the item, go to your friend's house, and give it to them. Sneak back out of the US and sneak back into your country in Europe.

adamX012
12-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Doesn't Amazon deal with this kind of scenario?

I am not so sure about amazon. I knew they are a lot of sellers at that site. Looking for positive comments from buyers then. I brought several items there including textbooks. I am in USA though. Hope it helps.