PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting

USERNAME
12-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I smell home cooking!!!!! Khan vs Peterson has to be the best example of home town advantage I have ever seen! Not only was the crowd on Peterson's side but so was the ref! 2 points taken from Khan for pushing even though it was Peterson pushing Khan into the ropes, those 2 points decided the fight. That was despicable.

Kam2010
12-11-2011, 05:14 AM
It was a fair result, Khan is a sore looser.
The referee did give him warnings not to do it but he carried on doing it.
Peterson deserved it!

forthegame
12-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Mixed feelings. Peterson was the clear aggressor which undid Khan. Strategy was key and Khan/Roach failed in that regard.

I have to say that Peterson did keep leaning in and dropping his head, pushing Khan with hi head/torso and frustrating him. Not sure what the answer to that strategy would be. Khan lost his head and ultimately, the match.

USERNAME
12-11-2011, 12:50 PM
It was a fair result, Khan is a sore looser.
The referee did give him warnings not to do it but he carried on doing it.
Peterson deserved it!

No clear warning that he was gonna take a point. He went from "stop pushing" to "1 point". You never see that, even the commentators said the ref didn't say "one more push and I'll take a point". Even then, rarely do you see a ref so focused on pushing from one guy to the point where he misses other calls, ie the clear low blow Khan tried to point out and the pushing from Peterson. The commentators knew it, the fans knew it, and the sportswriters knew it, that was a home cooked win. The only guy who seems not to know (or pretends not) is Peterson. It was a good fight but the fact it was decided on 2 points that should not have been taken made it a joke and robbery.

USERNAME
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Mixed feelings. Peterson was the clear aggressor which undid Khan. Strategy was key and Khan/Roach failed in that regard.

I have to say that Peterson did keep leaning in and dropping his head, pushing Khan with hi head/torso and frustrating him. Not sure what the answer to that strategy would be. Khan lost his head and ultimately, the match.

I agree with that, Roach should have come up with some quick plan of action (maybe as simple as circling out from the ropes)... But what Khan did was common, guy leans in pushing you to the ropes and throwing body blows, you make distance with a push of your own. My dad has had me into boxing since I was young and I always saw pushing but never saw a point taken for it, now I've seen 2!
Just an FYI to all, I'm not a fan of either man, I just heard there was a good fight for free on hbo. I'm more of an mma guy now.