PDA

View Full Version : Why Men and Women Can't Be Friends

jamesblakefan#1
12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T_lh5fR4DMA

Brilliant.

TahoeTennis
12-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

Slayer_of_Kings
12-13-2011, 01:39 PM
This is what alcohol was invented for.

quest01
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Its funny because all women say yes but all men say no.

r2473
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
If you are a man, what on earth is the point of being friends with a woman if there is no possiblility of sex?

And after you have sex, what is the point of being friends with a woman? More sex? Meh, might as well move on.

Kobble
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
If you are a man, what on earth is the point of being friends with a woman if there is no possiblility of sex?

And after you have sex, what is the point of being friends with a woman? More sex? Meh, might as well move on.Are you saying that you only have male friends because there is a possibility of sex?

ImAGrinch
12-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Well its a fact that I did not want to have sex with ALL the female friends I ever had. However its also a fact that those I didn't want to have sex with wanted to have sex with me! So somebody ALWAYS wants to have sex with the other, but its not always the guy.

Agent Orynge
12-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Are you saying that you only have male friends because there is a possibility of sex?

I'm told that's how they do it in the Middle East.

Kobble
12-13-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm told that's how they do it in the Middle East.Unsettling.

mikeler
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Are you saying that you only have male friends because there is a possibility of sex?

He is saying if women did not have that thing between their legs, men would not talk to them.

Kobble
12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
He is saying if women did not have that thing between their legs, men would not talk to them.Yeah, but some guys claim there is no possibility of sex. So why talk to them?

LeeD
12-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Why talk to them?
How about the possiibility of meeting THEIR female friends.

Mick
12-13-2011, 03:46 PM
i saw this one movie where the father explains to his son of the three relationship possibilities between a man and a woman: (1) they don't know each other, (2) they are lovers (3) they are bitter enemies.

dlk
12-13-2011, 04:10 PM
i saw this one movie where the father explains to his son of the three relationship possibilities between a man and a woman: (1) they don't know each other, (2) they are lovers (3) they are bitter enemies.

That is hilarious, & true. :)

adamX012
12-13-2011, 05:44 PM
OP, your opening question tells me that you never experience a serious relationship before. My suggestion to you is looking for the one soon ( who really cares about you ) to accompany you for Xmas eve. Goodluck and world peace!

ttbrowne
12-13-2011, 07:05 PM
To all the younger guys: Don't ever quit acting like you are a friend of a girl. In my younger days it paid off bigtime. BUT, you've got to make your move at some time...don't be waiting forever.

r2473
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM

Aren't we friends?

autumn_leaf
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Gonna say the same thing that I post on a friend's fb. Only circumstance: they're ugly. (period)

813wilson
12-14-2011, 04:31 AM
OP, your opening question tells me that you never experience a serious relationship before. My suggestion to you is looking for the one soon ( who really cares about you ) to accompany you for Xmas eve. Goodluck and world peace!

I'm not sure the video is made by the OP - I've never seen mountains in the background of ODU....

Whirled Peas.

I think guys can be friends with girls. We just want the "with benefits" part.

mikeler
12-14-2011, 05:24 AM
When women and men get together, two things can happen. They fight or ____.

Andreas1965
12-14-2011, 07:01 AM
All the women in my life I considered being my "friend" sooner or later I had sex with. The closer you get to a woman, if she isn't too ugly, the higher the chances "it" will happen sometimes. And after that... well, most of them just faded away.

Might have helped, that I always avoided to be surrounded by ugly women. Life's too short.

ImAGrinch
12-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Why talk to them?
How about the possiibility of meeting THEIR female friends.

+1, definitely a benefit there.

He is saying if women did not have that thing between their legs, men would not talk to them.

But really I don't find this true. The reason I remained friends with females who I didn't find attractive is because its easier to open up about my own personal feelings and/or insecurities with a female than a male. Also with having had gay male friends as well, I find that same comfort to talk about feelings that I never felt with straight male friends.

r2473
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
The reason I remained friends with females who I didn't find attractive is because its easier to open up about my own personal feelings and/or insecurities with a female than a male. Also with having had gay male friends as well, I find that same comfort to talk about feelings that I never felt with straight male friends.

You can open up to us Grinch. We're listening. We care.

Maybe you can join Kobble and I tonight. There's always room for one more.

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
You can open up to us Grinch. We're listening. We care.

Maybe you can join Kobble and I tonight. There's always room for one more.

...and the circle is complete.

r2473
12-14-2011, 11:36 AM
...and the circle is complete.

Yes, you can come too Orynge.

Dedans Penthouse
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
"Hi, my name's Bob!" - - - - - - - - "Hi Bob, I'm Karen!"

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/finn_magee_flat_life.jpg

maleyoyo
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=ImAGrinch;6174640
But really I don't find this true. The reason I remained friends with females who I didn't find attractive is because its easier to open up about my own personal feelings and/or insecurities with a female than a male. Also with having had gay male friends as well, I find that same comfort to talk about feelings that I never felt with straight male friends.[/QUOTE]

Facts from your post:
1.You (male) can’t be friends with females you find attractive.
2.Gay males can be friends with you.
Conclusion: you are not attractive.

ImAGrinch
12-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Facts from your post:
1.You (male) can’t be friends with females you find attractive.
2.Gay males can be friends with you.
Conclusion: you are not attractive.

The gay males whom I was friends with WERE attracted to me though. That debunks your conclusion.

CDestroyer
12-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Men don't want to be friends with women. They are annoying. Any guy that has women for friends either wants to nail em or they are fruit muffins.:twisted:

thug the bunny
12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
But really I don't find this true. The reason I remained friends with females who I didn't find attractive is because its easier to open up about my own personal feelings and/or insecurities with a female than a male. Also with having had gay male friends as well, I find that same comfort to talk about feelings that I never felt with straight male friends.

Yikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_sH1s9bWB8&feature=related

maleyoyo
12-14-2011, 12:17 PM
The gay males whom I was friends with WERE attracted to me though. That debunks your conclusion.

Not really. So when you are pouring your heart out to them, do you know what were they really thinking or where were they really looking at?

r2473
12-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Men don't want to be friends with women. They are annoying. Any guy that has women for friends either wants to nail em or they are fruit muffins.:twisted:

Blueberry is my favorite. Especially the ones from Costco.

Dedans Penthouse
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Blueberry is my favorite. Especially the ones from Costco.http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/263654988/TUNA_electrical_industrial_power_male_plug_female. jpg

ImAGrinch
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Not really. So when you are pouring your heart out to them, do you know what were they really thinking or where were they really looking at?

I don't care its always flattering when someone is attracted to you even if its not mutual.

LameTennisPlayer
12-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't care its always flattering when someone is attracted to you even if its not mutual.

even if theyre gay and your not? what about intellectually disabled, vertically challenged, obese... really dude??! self esteem issues maybe?!!!! If i don't dig them, it aint flattering.

Larrysümmers
12-14-2011, 01:01 PM
even if theyre gay and your not? what about intellectually disabled, vertically challenged, obese... really dude??! self esteem issues maybe?!!!! If i don't dig them, it aint flattering.

hahah pretty much :twisted:

j00dypoo
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
What about that one female friend of yours that you want to have sex with (not a relationship), but know as soon as that happens your relationship goes to crap? Do you value sex or the actual friendship more?

probably depends on how horny you are at a given moment and how much you had to drink

r2473
12-14-2011, 01:25 PM

Have I ever told you how attractive you are?

r2473
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
What about that one female friend of yours that you want to have sex with (not a relationship), but know as soon as that happens your relationship goes to crap? Do you value sex or the actual friendship more?

probably depends on how horny you are at a given moment and how much you had to drink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1ymoKPTAk

ttbrowne
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM

I've found that you can truly NEVER be FRIENDS with a woman. She either doesn't trust you or she knows you can't possibly take the place of a female friend. In most cases she wants you to act like a man and not a so-called "friend" after a while. Hang and get the sex. That's what us guys were born to do.

“I’m a guy, who’s a guy, being a guy. That’s all!” - Larry Crowne film

j00dypoo
12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
I've found that you can truly NEVER be FRIENDS with a woman. She either doesn't trust you or she knows you can't possibly take the place of a female friend. In most cases she wants you to act like a man and not a so-called "friend" after a while. Hang and get the sex. That's what us guys were born to do.

“I’m a guy, who’s a guy, being a guy. That’s all!” - Larry Crowne film

I was afraid of that. Time to fulfill my duties as a man.

and classic seinfeld clip.

LameTennisPlayer
12-14-2011, 02:11 PM

what about em? they're most likely using u as an emotional punching bag when they're down, fishing for compliments etc....kind of like a guy version of a girlfriend or in other words they're using u as sexual validation making her feel attractive without the need to put out. Do u let yr guy mates take advantage of you without holding up their end of the friendship etc why should it be different for women.

LameTennisPlayer
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Have I ever told you how attractive you are?

no so lets keep it that way.... (unread comment) lol

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Yes, you can come too Orynge.

I'll bring my skinny jeans.

LuckyR
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Many in this thread have never had a friendship that was not based on: "what's in it for me?"

In the absence of that experience, explaining friendships of any gender is like explaining the color blue to a blind person...

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Many in this thread have never had a friendship that was not based on: "what's in it for me?"

In the absence of that experience, explaining friendships of any gender is like explaining the color blue to a blind person...

That's easy, it's right between green and indigo on the electromagnetic spectrum.

r2473
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
I'll bring my skinny jeans.

As long as you're over 50.

Oh, and bring some pizza.

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Say n'more! Say n'more!

LameTennisPlayer
12-14-2011, 03:08 PM

humans are naturally born selfish, without this trait none of us would be here

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
humans are naturally born selfish, without this trait none of us would be here

John Locke begs a moment of your time.

LameTennisPlayer
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
John Locke begs a moment of your time.

Well he can wait, like all the others :)

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
A more pressing concern than OP's video:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/3266830/why-girls-dont-fart

Well, maybe not.

dlk
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Orynge, what's up with the avatar?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/AveryK/DSC_0111.jpg

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm feeling kinky. If you want to talk about airborne ops, however, I'm always down. :D

maleyoyo
12-14-2011, 03:55 PM

You should have been Herman Cain's lawyer.

dlk
12-14-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm feeling kinky. If you want to talk about airborne ops, however, I'm always down. :D

I was assigned to an MI BN, that was going to start a LRSD (4th ID), but never materialized, was reassinged to S2/G2; so ended with 5 jumps from Benning.

Alright, hijack over; love women.

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
A 5-jump-chump, eh? That's fairly respectable.

dlk
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
A 5-jump-chump, eh? That's fairly respectable.

Flew more in one year in Iraq, than my other 8 years combined (4 reg/5 Guard).

Yeah just 5. Being a leg is hell:cry:

ImAGrinch
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM

I can't have a truly meaningful friendship with any female that I want to have sex with. So I'd be willing to take that risk.

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I can't have a truly meaningful friendship with any female that I want to have sex with. So I'd be willing to take that risk.

A sexual relationship can be meaningful... it means you're getting laid.

Agent Orynge
12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Flew more in one year in Iraq, than my other 8 years combined (4 reg/5 Guard).

Yeah just 5. Being a leg is hell:cry:

Being light infantry isn't much better. The whole Army is hell.

Sentinel
12-15-2011, 01:01 AM
Yup, real men prefer to hang out with their dogs, than with their GF's.

Like Murray, and Rory just to give you two examples. And, Nole if you still insist on more.

Kobble
12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Aren't we friends?I think you are misinterpreting all the signals. I was thinking we were more acquiantances.

Sorry I couldn't make the round table discussion last night, my power was out.

r2473
12-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I think you are misinterpreting all the signals. I was thinking we were more acquiantances.

Sorry I couldn't make the round table discussion last night, my power was out.

Ah. In that case,

".....this is not allowed, you're uninvited. An unfortunate slight":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zMnrBCBa0

ImAGrinch
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
A sexual relationship can be meaningful... it means you're getting laid.

Oh that's plenty meaningful. I was referring to the friendship before that ever happens.

Nostradamus
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T_lh5fR4DMA

Brilliant.

Really cute video. all girls say Yea and guys say nah. Ok here is my experience with this, knowing that i do have tons of girls that are friends.:)
When in college, yes, definitely guy and a girl can be friends and much easier to be so. but once you get out in real life and get married, it is virtually impossible. I will tell you why. 100% of the husbands will not allow this because like those guys in the videos saids, it isn't possible for man and women can be just friends. so they just don't allow that to happen. This is a fact.

LameTennisPlayer
12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Oh that's plenty meaningful. I was referring to the friendship before that ever happens.

If you're friendzoned it's never gonna happen.

Nostradamus
12-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Like Murray, and Rory just to give you two examples. And, Nole if you still insist on more.

I am sorry but i disagree with you. I actually prefer to hang out with friendly girls. Girls are more sensitive and fun. and better conversationlists.

Fugazi
12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Well its a fact that I did not want to have sex with ALL the female friends I ever had. However its also a fact that those I didn't want to have sex with wanted to have sex with me! So somebody ALWAYS wants to have sex with the other, but its not always the guy.
That's clever (and true), I agree!

Pacific lefty
12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Men are way more noble and loyal as friends. Girls can be downright mean (they are always the ones trying to kill you at the net in doubles), I know, being a girl...

Magic of tennis
12-21-2011, 12:21 AM

Try apple first then, move on to pear to see which one is
better taste for you.

Magic of tennis
12-21-2011, 12:24 AM
If you're friendzoned it's never gonna happen.

Friendzone can be changed to wild zone or sex zone. All depends on the mood and alcohol.

Kobble
12-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Try apple first then, move on to pear to see which one is
better taste for you.
Which is the apple, and which is the pear?

Kobble
12-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Friendzone can be changed to wild zone or sex zone. All depends on the mood and alcohol.How about the torture zone? Once you are in that zone, it is permanent.

Power Player
12-21-2011, 06:56 AM
The secret is to friendzone the girl first. If you can do this, you will talk to her like she is a guy, and she will be very comfortable with you due to no overhanging tension.

Many, many times I have found she will end up wanting to Goat in this situation. Works real well on social girls like bartenders, hair stylists..etc since they are constantly hit on.

CDestroyer
12-21-2011, 07:04 AM

Exactly. Dogs rule. No bullsh1t, beeching or harping. Always happy to see you.

Women are great though..................................for a while.

Kobble
12-21-2011, 07:22 AM
The secret is to friendzone the girl first. If you can do this, you will talk to her like she is a guy, and she will be very comfortable with you due to no overhanging tension.

Many, many times I have found she will end up wanting to Goat in this situation. Works real well on social girls like bartenders, hair stylists..etc since they are constantly hit on.
I don't know, talking to someone like they are a human being is real easy when you actually like them as a person. Go after people you really like.

Power Player
12-21-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't know, talking to someone like they are a human being is real easy when you actually like them as a person. Go after people you really like.

Don't twist what I said. I talk to them just like they are real person. Instead of all the guys who talk to them like they are a sex object and just angle ways to ask them out. When you friendzone a girl, you take away that whole vibe and can have real conversations.

I am not sure how this can be so misconstrued, but you pulled it off.

ttbrowne
12-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Don't twist what I said. I talk to them just like they are real person. Instead of all the guys who talk to them like they are a sex object and just angle ways to ask them out. When you friendzone a girl, you take away that whole vibe and can have real conversations.

I think what some of us are saying is:

Get into the friendzone but with the ultimate goal of being in the bootyzone later on. We are guys and you always have to have your eyes on the prize.

Sentinel
12-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Maybe Rafa and Xisca can answer this question for us.

Kobble
12-21-2011, 08:25 PM

I am not sure how this can be so misconstrued, but you pulled it off.I honestly don't know what Goat means.

Magic of tennis
12-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Maybe Rafa and Xisca can answer this question for us.

Who is Xisca?

j00dypoo
12-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Who is Xisca?

his longtime girlfriend and suspected fiance

LameTennisPlayer
12-21-2011, 11:08 PM

Total rubbish dude. Your more than likely to get no action if you are friendzoned, or your gonna be waiting for a long time for it. As much as women say they want guys to have long and meaningful conversations with and console them and be an emotional tampon for them whatever blah blah blah, that's why they have girlfriends. Woman are more likely to go for a guy thats direct and puts his intentions out first rather than fake a friendship with the ulterior motive of getting some later.

If a woman is telling u that she doesn't like to be treated as a sex object, then she is outright lying. The truth is they all like to be hit on, it makes them feel attractive. It's why they always ask 'if they look fat, or ugly or do u think im pretty'. And as someone mentioned earlier about hairdressers/waitresses getting hit on all the time, of course they will get sick of it, and want to have a conversation with someone who doesn't look at her like she's a piece of meat, but if all that attention stops... guess what, shes gonna be dolling herself up again in no time so that guys would start hitting on her again, and will forget about the guy who wants to have deep and meaningful discussions about world peace and more concerned about whether her a** looks fat so she gets noticed.

Big_Dangerous
12-21-2011, 11:16 PM
his longtime girlfriend and suspected fiance

Lmao, nice.

USERNAME
12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Has anyone here been put in the friendzone and gotten out? I personally never have and I did not stay friends with the girls.

LameTennisPlayer
12-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Has anyone here been put in the friendzone and gotten out? I personally never have and I did not stay friends with the girls.

Good move. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the 5-10% range and that's being generous. Once you know you're in the friendzone, most women wont tell u this btw, chances are heavily stacked against you. Just move on, find someone who will, plenty of women out there. Chances are that if u do get action out of a woman after remaining friends with her for a while, then you were never really friendzoned by her in the first place.

Kobble
12-22-2011, 04:37 AM
That term is just unusual to me. I don't know how you know you are in this stuck friend-zone unless you can read the other person's mind. All sorts of factors can keep you out of the "booty zone," as it was called. From what I have seen, someone could have a crush on you, and you might think they aren't into you.

Big_Dangerous
12-22-2011, 05:13 AM

It's not impossible, but typically you don't end up in a lasting relationship. And of course, once it's over, the friendship usually is too.

j00dypoo
12-22-2011, 09:25 AM

I had one friend where I was stuck in the friend zone and never got anywhere with. Turns out the whole time we wanted to do each other and never really said anything. Now it's too late and we're just acquaintances . It was my fault for being young and weak. Those teenage years were a very different story.

Moral here - if you want booty, make it be known.

Power Player
12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Total rubbish dude. Your more than likely to get no action if you are friendzoned, or your gonna be waiting for a long time for it. As much as women say they want guys to have long and meaningful conversations with and console them and be an emotional tampon for them whatever blah blah blah, that's why they have girlfriends. Woman are more likely to go for a guy thats direct and puts his intentions out first rather than fake a friendship with the ulterior motive of getting some later.

If a woman is telling u that she doesn't like to be treated as a sex object, then she is outright lying. The truth is they all like to be hit on, it makes them feel attractive. It's why they always ask 'if they look fat, or ugly or do u think im pretty'. And as someone mentioned earlier about hairdressers/waitresses getting hit on all the time, of course they will get sick of it, and want to have a conversation with someone who doesn't look at her like she's a piece of meat, but if all that attention stops... guess what, shes gonna be dolling herself up again in no time so that guys would start hitting on her again, and will forget about the guy who wants to have deep and meaningful discussions about world peace and more concerned about whether her a** looks fat so she gets noticed.

You don't really get what I am saying. Regardless, I have no issues meeting women, I am just sharing the mentality I use to get there. The whole emotional tampon thing is showing me you misunderstood what I was saying. Its real easy to be direct and let a girl know you are attracted to her and still keep the vibe that it's no big deal to you if she says yes or no.

I joke around a lot and clown with girls I meet. I don't act like they are super hot even when they are. Thats more along the lines of what I meant. Its not like I am up all night talking to them about their EX and the guy they like..lol. It is more that I am confident and don't pin all my hopes on one girl saying yes to me when I can just go meet another one. Of course I slide in that I think they look great, I am attracted..and things like that. I figured that was common knowledge.

Kobble
12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I had one friend where I was stuck in the friend zone and never got anywhere with. Turns out the whole time we wanted to do each other and never really said anything. Now it's too late and we're just acquaintances . It was my fault for being young and weak. Those teenage years were a very different story.

Moral here - if you want booty, make it be known.How is it too late?

USERNAME
12-22-2011, 10:59 AM
That term is just unusual to me. I don't know how you know you are in this stuck friend-zone unless you can read the other person's mind. All sorts of factors can keep you out of the "booty zone," as it was called. From what I have seen, someone could have a crush on you, and you might think they aren't into you.

Key phrases are dead giveaways... The one I heard a few times that I hated was "I love you like a brother", that right there should throw up red flags. Also the way a girl acts around you can tell you something. Does she talk to you like your her GF or like she's a bit nervous, all the girls who've talked to me about their girl problems and ***** ended up saying "can't we just be friends" or "but your such a good friend". You are right about women sometimes having crushes on people and friending them, that's because they don't see them as suitable partners, also developing a crush on a friended guy, but then she already sees the guy as a friend so she doesn't make a move (most times). It just sucks alot and you know it does unless your blinded with love (seen it/been there)

j00dypoo
12-22-2011, 11:24 AM
How is it too late?

oh i left out the important info: we live 1000 miles apart and she's married :)

sureshs
12-22-2011, 11:27 AM
The one I heard a few times that I hated was "I love you like a brother", that right there should throw up red flags

Always had a doubt. If it is a female saying this to a male, is this the right usage or should it be "like a sister"? In other words, is it the sayer or the sayee that should be referred to at the end?

Kobble
12-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Key phrases are dead giveaways... The one I heard a few times that I hated was "I love you like a brother", that right there should throw up red flags. Also the way a girl acts around you can tell you something. Does she talk to you like your her GF or like she's a bit nervous, all the girls who've talked to me about their girl problems and ***** ended up saying "can't we just be friends" or "but your such a good friend". You are right about women sometimes having crushes on people and friending them, that's because they don't see them as suitable partners, also developing a crush on a friended guy, but then she already sees the guy as a friend so she doesn't make a move (most times). It just sucks alot and you know it does unless your blinded with love (seen it/been there)

I feel that the friend zone can be defined on an external or internal basis. If you simply aren't getting sexual, or dating, it is arguable that you are just a friend. You can also define it by whether or not a greater potential exist, or if a chemistry does exist, but both people are hiding it due to (husband, boyfriend, or other social roadblocks). From the outside looking in, both are the same, but deep down it can two different situations.

Kobble
12-22-2011, 11:32 AM
oh i left out the important info: we live 1000 miles apart and she's married :)Yea. I can't bring myself to push for a married person. If that person were to leave the husband, I wouldn't care, but to cheat while married, that is just low to me.

Trust me, I've blown it bad, too.

Fugazi
12-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Always had a doubt. If it is a female saying this to a male, is this the right usage or should it be "like a sister"? In other words, is it the sayer or the sayee that should be referred to at the end?
The girl is saying to the guy that she loves him like she would love her brother. So basically she's not interested in sex. To answer your question, it's the sayee ("I love you like [I would love] a brother").

sureshs
12-22-2011, 11:53 AM
The girl is saying to the guy that she loves him like she would love her brother. So basically she's not interested in sex. To answer your question, it's the sayee ("I love you like [I would love] a brother").

Thanks. I will go with that.

LameTennisPlayer
12-23-2011, 11:12 AM
You don't really get what I am saying. Regardless, I have no issues meeting women, I am just sharing the mentality I use to get there. The whole emotional tampon thing is showing me you misunderstood what I was saying. Its real easy to be direct and let a girl know you are attracted to her and still keep the vibe that it's no big deal to you if she says yes or no.

I joke around a lot and clown with girls I meet. I don't act like they are super hot even when they are. Thats more along the lines of what I meant. Its not like I am up all night talking to them about their EX and the guy they like..lol. It is more that I am confident and don't pin all my hopes on one girl saying yes to me when I can just go meet another one. Of course I slide in that I think they look great, I am attracted..and things like that. I figured that was common knowledge.

Ok I get u now, I thought u initially meant as in u get the girl to unload all her problems etc with the hope of getting some action later without pulling any moves, but now yeah u kinda work along the same lines as I do.

West Coast Ace
12-23-2011, 11:35 AM
I can't bring myself to push for a married person....
Trust me, I've blown it bad, too.But this rule will probably lead to a longer, safer life.

The Friend Zone sucks. But a rule to live by: you deserve what you accept. So as Kobble said, shame on any dude (or girl) who doesn't make it clear that they are looking for a real relationship - don't assume people can read your mind or subtle body language.

Kobble
12-23-2011, 12:17 PM
But this rule will probably lead to a longer, safer life.

The Friend Zone sucks. But a rule to live by: you deserve what you accept. So as Kobble said, shame on any dude (or girl) who doesn't make it clear that they are looking for a real relationship - don't assume people can read your mind or subtle body language. I laughed when I found out a study was conducted that said women can't even figure out women. They said guys and girls were good at figuring out guys, but both were confused about women.

That is the truth. Girls can cover their tracks well. I mean so bad that you really need to know them to be able to tell what is the norm for them and what behavior is not.

LameTennisPlayer
12-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I laughed when I found out a study was conducted that said women can't even figure out women. They said guys and girls were good at figuring out guys, but both were confused about women.

That is the truth. Girls can cover their tracks well. I mean so bad that you really need to know them to be able to tell what is the norm for them and what behavior is not.

haha yeah, coz it's true, ask a woman what she wants, and she will describe the perfect guy to you....tall, dark, handsome, muscular, wealthy, confident, sophisticated, smart, humourous....u get my drift, then u introduce her to that guy and she goes 'oh I don't like him, he's too perfect' lol....

Kobble
12-23-2011, 01:10 PM
haha yeah, coz it's true, ask a woman what she wants, and she will describe the perfect guy to you....tall, dark, handsome, muscular, wealthy, confident, sophisticated, smart, humourous....u get my drift, then u introduce her to that guy and she goes 'oh I don't like him, he's too perfect' lol....
That too, but this was all about reading through the signals.

I know I've thrown out an old scenario at some friends (girls), even some people online. Most say they are confused. About 1/3 thought she might like me. About 1/4 or less thought she didn't like me. At least one person thought I made it all up. A total mind**** mess of a situation.

LameTennisPlayer
12-23-2011, 01:25 PM
That too, but this was all about reading through the signals.

I know I've thrown out an old scenario at some friends (girls), even some people online. Most say they are confused. About 1/3 thought she might like me. About 1/4 or less thought she didn't like me. At least one person thought I made it all up. A total mind**** mess of a situation.

oh yeah, men are easier to get a read on compared to women, a woman can play hard to get and be interested or not interested, she could give you alot of attention and not be interested at all, she could give u mixed messages and u dont have any clue at all whether she's interested or not.

If she's becoming more touchy towards u, it's usually a good sign, Trying to make herself more attractive around u, as in before she never wore make up, now she's wearing new clothes etc around, is usually another. Increased flirting like she's trying to create tension between u etc..
As a guy u should pick up on these things, and make your move or do as powerplayer said earlier, joke around with the notion that you like her, especially when she's comfortable with u, see how she reacts, then take it from there.

heycal
12-23-2011, 03:35 PM
You can be friends with women you're not attracted to, as well as women you used to date long ago as long as you don't spend too much time in close quarters. As an old guy, with many long time friends and acquaintances, I frequently socialize with girls I dated literally 20 or 30 years ago. Perhaps if we were stuck on a desert island together, it would be an issue, but my current level for desire for them generally runs from very low to non-existent, and so I really enjoy them as friends. (Plus, to be frank, most of them are old now too, and not as hot as they used to be, so that probably helps things here.) But there are a couple of ex's that I'm too attracted to to consider being friends with, so they must remain friendly but somewhat distant acquaintances.

I can not imagine being good friends with a woman I was attracted to but never had sex with.

Kobble
12-23-2011, 04:06 PM
oh yeah, men are easier to get a read on compared to women, a woman can play hard to get and be interested or not interested, she could give you alot of attention and not be interested at all, she could give u mixed messages and u dont have any clue at all whether she's interested or not.

If she's becoming more touchy towards u, it's usually a good sign, Trying to make herself more attractive around u, as in before she never wore make up, now she's wearing new clothes etc around, is usually another. Increased flirting like she's trying to create tension between u etc..
As a guy u should pick up on these things, and make your move or do as powerplayer said earlier, joke around with the notion that you like her, especially when she's comfortable with u, see how she reacts, then take it from there.This girl was more clever than I ever gave her credit for. Unless it was the freakiest coincidence, she set it all up to deny it all to any of my potential guy friends and other. Touching and grooming (hair brushing beside me, and using a mirror before class started) are both a check in the box.

LameTennisPlayer
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
This girl was more clever than I ever gave her credit for. Unless it was the freakiest coincidence, she set it all up to deny it all to any of my potential guy friends and other. Touching and grooming (hair brushing beside me, and using a mirror before class started) are both a check in the box.

I would never want to underestimate a woman in any circumstance. :) probably a rule of life if there ever was one...

So do you mean to say she's flirted alot with you and you get the impression she is interested, when you know for sure she isn't?! Or are u still at the unsure stage.

Kobble
12-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I would never want to underestimate a woman in any circumstance. :) probably a rule of life if there ever was one...

So do you mean to say she's flirted alot with you and you get the impression she is interested, when you know for sure she isn't?! Or are u still at the unsure stage.LOL. At first, I was sure she was uninterested. Towards the end, I had to re-evaluate based on sharp contradictions. People aren't usually willing to get close to you when they want nothing to do with you. And they don't talk certain talk around you unless they are either toying with you, or want to let you know what they are all about. The very least, she was comfortable around me. Almost any one piece by itself means little to nothing, but put it all together, and you have to ask what was going on.

j00dypoo
12-23-2011, 06:38 PM
LOL. At first, I was sure she was uninterested. Towards the end, I had to re-evaluate based on sharp contradictions. People aren't usually willing to get close to you when they want nothing to do with you. And they don't talk certain talk around you unless they are either toying with you, or want to let you know what they are all about. The very least, she was comfortable around me. Almost any one piece by itself means little to nothing, but put it all together, and you have to ask what was going on.

Oh I've had those situations before too. Sometimes when I'm not even interested in a girl. It's like all the sudden you look back on your time together and realize, "oh crap, she might be in to me." Then it's always stuck in the back of your mind whenever you are with her. Mindf*#k indeed.

LameTennisPlayer
12-23-2011, 09:17 PM
LOL. At first, I was sure she was uninterested. Towards the end, I had to re-evaluate based on sharp contradictions. People aren't usually willing to get close to you when they want nothing to do with you. And they don't talk certain talk around you unless they are either toying with you, or want to let you know what they are all about. The very least, she was comfortable around me. Almost any one piece by itself means little to nothing, but put it all together, and you have to ask what was going on.

Then how did she react when you made a move(s) on her? Receptive? If she wasn't or sending unsure/mixed message response back, then cut your losses and move onto the next one. She's not worth your time, and enjoys playing these little games for attention and/or an ego boost.

USERNAME
12-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Then how did she react when you made a move(s) on her? Receptive? If she wasn't or sending unsure/mixed message response back, then cut your losses and move onto the next one. She's not worth your time, and enjoys playing these little games for attention and/or an ego boost.

http://youtu.be/cQasv1AWTaY
I hate chicks like that with a passion. Sending mixed signals and crap.

LameTennisPlayer
12-24-2011, 12:43 AM
http://youtu.be/cQasv1AWTaY
I hate chicks like that with a passion. Sending mixed signals and crap.

It's what differentiates a self assured woman from an immature girl.

Kobble
12-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Oh I've had those situations before too. Sometimes when I'm not even interested in a girl. It's like all the sudden you look back on your time together and realize, "oh crap, she might be in to me." Then it's always stuck in the back of your mind whenever you are with her. Mindf*#k indeed.
It took me a while to realize that more likely than not she was interested.

Kobble
12-26-2011, 07:50 AM
I never got a chance to talk to her alone. Basically, the bus was a hell ride. The dominant thought was, I want off this ****ing thing. I could have said something, but then I saw two jokers fail on there. Plus, this scorned chick (from an incident years before) sat across the isle often. This girl tried to get even with me a year earlier. So I believed she would do anything to **** it up on me. Timing was always ****.

But no, the messages weren't back and fourth, ever. It escalated until the end.