PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Inc. stays safe for Management

Bartelby
12-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Krajicek, who was believed to be the player-friendly new broom, is no longer in the race for CEO of the ATP so it's business as usual?":

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15387&zoneid=4

El Diablo
12-15-2011, 06:13 AM
Krajicek's only credential to be a CEO is that he married a model. (He was the nominal tournament director of a small tournament but Petra, my Dutch tennis friend, says he was widely seen as a figurehead there.)

Fate Archer
12-15-2011, 06:26 AM
According to the London interviews, Federer was one of the members who was not quite sure if Krajicek had enough experience and ability to run the ATP business.

Nadal on the other hand seemed to support him to take over. I wonder what he would bring to the table as the ATP CEO.

If what Nadal has been voicing over the weeks is any indication he might have been in favour of the 2 year rank system as well.

Hopefully someone who can be competent enough to listen most of the reasonable demands from the players and take the best decisions with the players as well as the fans in mind, can take over.

Racquet-Priority
12-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Krajicek is highly respected in Holland. ABN Amro tournament is the biggest Dutch tournament. He is always very friendly and polite.

Bartelby
12-15-2011, 07:06 AM
The only two left in the running are already part of the ATP Executive, so I don't know that much will change.

zapvor
12-15-2011, 07:36 AM
i think the ATP is one of the most intricate organizations around. not only is it global like say IBM but its constituents are all over and have such wide ranging perspectives. no 'employee' is truly alike to each other

TheMusicLover
12-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Krajicek is highly respected in Holland. ABN Amro tournament is the biggest Dutch tournament. He is always very friendly and polite.

No, he isn't.
He was reknown for his big mouth back in his playing days, for instance designating the WTA players as 'fat pigs', and according to many Dutch tennis fans, he still has an arrogant streak - and this while he has no proper experience at a proper business level at all. His comments in a certain newspaper a couple of years ago that he hadn't approached Federer to play the ABN tournament in Rotterdam because "Federer was 'old news' " (read: not relevant anymore) didn't go down very well either over here.
He is a reknown *****-licker towards top players, to such an extent that two or three years ago, a couple of 'lesser players' (including Llodra and Söderling if I'm correct) told the press that they would like to remind Krajicek that they weren't present at the tournament for 'expendable characters'-purposes, but were there to be taken seriously as well. Krajicek could barely hide his disappointment in public at Youzhny winning the tournament four years ago...

Most definitely NOT the kind of person you'd want to lead an official worldwide sports association - which should not only cater to the top players and tournament directors (= $$$$$$$$$-purposes), but to the needs of the lesser and upcoming players as well. I'm glad he's out of the picture.

That said, he could barely have been as bad as Mr. Disney. ;)

Fate Archer
12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
No, he isn't.
He was reknown for his big mouth back in his playing days, for instance designating the WTA players as 'fat pigs', and according to many Dutch tennis fans, he still has an arrogant streak - and this while he has no proper experience at a proper business level at all. His comments in a certain newspaper a couple of years ago that he hadn't approached Federer to play the ABN tournament in Rotterdam because "Federer was 'old news' " (read: not relevant anymore) didn't go down very well either over here.
He is a reknown *****-licker towards top players, to such an extent that two or three years ago, a couple of 'lesser players' (including Llodra and Söderling if I'm correct) told the press that they would like to remind Krajicek that they weren't present at the tournament for 'expendable characters'-purposes, but were there to be taken seriously as well. Krajicek could barely hide his disappointment in public at Youzhny winning the tournament four years ago...

Most definitely NOT the kind of person you'd want to lead an official worldwide sports association - which should not only cater to the top players and tournament directors (= $$$$$$$$$-purposes), but to the needs of the lesser and upcoming players as well. I'm glad he's out of the picture.

That said, he could barely have been as bad as Mr. Disney. ;)

Didn't know all of that. Thanks for posting, sounds like a good riddance then.

TheMusicLover
12-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Didn't know all of that. Thanks for posting, sounds like a good riddance then.

Well... it's just my personal opinion of course, but I know for sure I'm not the only one. ;)
And like I said... I have no idea who would be a 'better' candidate, if any are to be found on this planet at all.