12-15-2011, 07:48 AM
1. Ryan Leaf

813wilson
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
1. Ryan Leaf

Than I've had....

r2473
12-15-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm going to ask Tim Tebow to marry me. Then it can always be "Tebow Time".

atatu
12-15-2011, 10:28 AM
2. Jamarcus Russell

coolblue123
12-15-2011, 11:09 AM
3. Vince Young
4. Health Schuler

ChipNCharge
12-15-2011, 12:31 PM
5. Sam Bradford
6. Jason White
7. Eric Crouch
8. Gino Torretta

ttbrowne
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Don't go overboard on this. As my Daddy used to say, "It ain't how you start out, it's how you end up."

Fifth Set
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Greg Rusedski

Dream_On
12-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Who is Tim Tebow?

TennisCoachFLA
12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Who is Tim Tebow?

There is a chance in 3-4 years the question will be 'remember Tim Tebow'? Let the guy win some playoff games before going to crazy.

volleygirl
12-15-2011, 06:18 PM
9. Akili Smith
10. Cade McNown
11. Todd Marinovich

Nostradamus
12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
He is truly a good guy, very genuine. but he won't win the super bowl. Somebody said God is helping him. We will see how far.

Limpinhitter
12-15-2011, 07:55 PM
He is truly a good guy, very genuine. but he won't win the super bowl. Somebody said God is helping him. We will see how far.

Why would God favor Tim Tebow over someone else?

NLBwell
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Eric Crouch had some pretty good games and started for a while. Vince Young won a fair number of games, several with 4th Quarter comebacks. Greg Rusedski got to the finals of a major. Rest of them I'll agree with, though Sam Bradford still has a chance to pass him by.
That said, GO BRONCOS, GO GATORS!

Timbo's hopeless slice
12-15-2011, 08:17 PM

Same reason he favoured Michael Chang, I guess..

(ie, not in the slightest)

NLBwell
12-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Because Tim Tebow favors God over anyone else?

atatu
12-15-2011, 08:59 PM
9. Akili Smith
10. Cade McNown
11. Todd Marinovich

I totally forgot about Marinovich, I remember when he was in high school and Sports Illustrated did an article about him and how his Dad wouldn't even let him eat a hamburger or drink a coke. I was thinking, as soon as this kid gets to college, he's going to go wild....

volleygirl
12-16-2011, 05:37 AM
Eric Crouch had some pretty good games and started for a while. Vince Young won a fair number of games, several with 4th Quarter comebacks. Greg Rusedski got to the finals of a major. Rest of them I'll agree with, though Sam Bradford still has a chance to pass him by.
That said, GO BRONCOS, GO GATORS!

Eric Crouch had some good games? What league were you watching because I dont remember him ever playing even in one game in the NFL. I thought he got drafted but refused to move to D back so just retired before even playing in a game.

Kenny022593
12-16-2011, 05:57 AM

delete post -.-

goran_ace
12-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Eric Crouch had some good games? What league were you watching because I dont remember him ever playing even in one game in the NFL. I thought he got drafted but refused to move to D back so just retired before even playing in a game.

I don't think Crouch played a single down in an NFL game. He was drafted by the Rams as a converted WR but quit in training camp. He was switched over to a D back for NFL Europe and that didn't work out either. He only got snaps at QB in the Canadian league.

Fifth Set
12-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Same reason he favoured Michael Chang, I guess..

(ie, not in the slightest)

LOL. I'm sure most of you have read Agassi's book. I thought his point about Chang was valid.

It's great if you want to be a believer. But, it gets a little weird to talk about it this much and easy to cross the line into suggesting that God is playing favorites. Or favourites, if you really want to get Commonwealth about it.

NLBwell
12-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Sorry, I was thinking of Tim Couch (Browns). I've done that before. Sorry.

volleygirl
12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Sorry, I was thinking of Tim Couch (Browns). I've done that before. Sorry.

Yea, Couch did have a few good years. The Browns really havent had a decent QB since he fizzled away.

dParis
12-16-2011, 08:26 AM
12. Basically, every Bears quarterback since Jim McMahon.

----------------

Who said God favors Tim Tebow? What's the hang up?

If I get from point A to point B faster because I hopped in a car and drove while everyone else walked, does that mean the car favored me?

It's more a case of Tim Tebow favoring God.

Dedans Penthouse
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM
- Jim Drunkenmiller, 1st round pick 1997, S.F. 49'ers
- Dan McGuire, 1st round pick 1991, Seattle Seahawks
- Heath Shuler, 1st round pick (3rd overall) 1994, Washington Redskins
- Cade McNown, 1st round pick 1999, Chicago Bears
- Akili Smith, 1st round pick (3rd overall) 1999, Cincinati Bengals

ttbrowne
12-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Because Tim Tebow favors God over anyone else?

Tebow IS God...and Jesus and the Holy Ghost. (sic)

NLBwell
12-18-2011, 06:22 PM
-
- Heath Shuler, 1st round pick (3rd overall) 1994, Washington Redskins

Got beat out by Gus Ferrotte (the kicking mule).

atatu
12-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Got beat out by Gus Ferrotte (the kicking mule).

He was a real head banger.

goober
12-20-2011, 07:32 AM

Uh Jay Cutler? He has been to a probowler and led his team to NFC championship game. Tebow hasn't done that yet.

r2473
12-20-2011, 08:07 AM

McMahon's best days were at BYU.

I wonder if he gave / gives them 10% of his earnings?

Dedans Penthouse
12-20-2011, 10:48 AM
McMahon's best days were at BYU.

I wonder if he gave / gives them 10% of his earnings?
Jim McMahon: "The best thing about Provo was seeing it in my rear view mirror."

on-topic:

Tim Tebow has already had a better career than Milli Vanilli, Peter Lemongello and Zamfir, "Master of the Panflute."

dParis
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Uh Jay Cutler? He has been to a probowler and led his team to NFC championship game. Tebow hasn't done that yet.
Yes, I meant to include "with the exception of Cutler." You could probably place Harbaugh above him too. Anyhow, I was more firing for effect than aiming for accuracy.
Tim Tebow has already had a better career than Milli Vanilli, Peter Lemongello and Zamfir, "Master of the Panflute."
Too bad so many won't realize how awesome this post is.

NLBwell
12-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Jim McMahon was so hard-core that he actually managed to party in Provo.

thug the bunny
12-21-2011, 05:40 AM

----------------

If I get from point A to point B faster because I hopped in a car and drove while everyone else walked, does that mean the car favored me?

Not really a valid analogy. 'Everyone else' (ie, the opposing team) is also driving, as I guarantee you that every team has a plethora of devout Christians.

So what does God do when he has people from both teams in a game cajoling him for success? And does God really care about football, or any other game in which people partake?

Those are not rhetorical questions..

NLBwell
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
When I played football as a kid, we always prayed before a game. We prayed that we would play well and that no one on either team would get hurt. We would never pray about winnning the game.

dParis
12-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Not really a valid analogy. 'Everyone else' (ie, the opposing team) is also driving, as I guarantee you that every team has a plethora of devout Christians.

So what does God do when he has people from both teams in a game cajoling him for success? And does God really care about football, or any other game in which people partake?

Those are not rhetorical questions..
Perhaps mine is not a valid analogy from your perspective but within my intended context, it is. People with knee-jerk dislike for Christianity/religion, or those who simply don't give thought to matters of spirituality, can often draw faulty conclusions on this type of issue. Especially given the point that the subject can be one of a very unique, personal nature.

I don't doubt that people have prayed to God that they win a game, but I don't think that is what is at issue here. I've never heard Tim Tebow do so. I think he acknowledges that his faith brings out the best in himself and that his thanking of God after a victory is an expression of humility rather than a boast that God favored Tim Tebow or the Broncos over their opponent.

And does God really care about football? Well, if God is everything He's cracked up to be, He cares about everything from every possible perspective. From when you are going to receive relief from your current bout of constipation - to the suffering, hunger and sickness of the helpless masses and all of the sorrow and joy in between. So, yes, on some level I think God does care about football.

West Coast Ace
12-23-2011, 09:42 AM
I totally forgot about Marinovich, ....You should watch the ESPN 30 for 30 they just did on him. Very interesting. I forgot how fast he flamed out.

Great thread. I'm neither that religious or a Bronco fan but I'm rooting for Tebow. The hypocrisy of the ESPN talking heads is pathetic. Tebow has no good receivers and no stud linemen I know of - ESPN has defended other QBs when they aren't surrounded with talent. Cam Newton, who they all fawn over, has Steve Smith and Jeremy Shockey, two ex Pro Bowlers. What could Tom Brady do with this team? And John Fox as his coach. And Philip Rivers 'slings' the ball - don't hear anyone ripping him and saying he can't play QB.

thug the bunny
12-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Perhaps mine is not a valid analogy from your perspective but within my intended context, it is. People with knee-jerk dislike for Christianity/religion, or those who simply don't give thought to matters of spirituality, can often draw faulty conclusions on this type of issue. Especially given the point that the subject can be one of a very unique, personal nature.

I don't doubt that people have prayed to God that they win a game, but I don't think that is what is at issue here. I've never heard Tim Tebow do so. I think he acknowledges that his faith brings out the best in himself and that his thanking of God after a victory is an expression of humility rather than a boast that God favored Tim Tebow or the Broncos over their opponent.

And does God really care about football? Well, if God is everything He's cracked up to be, He cares about everything from every possible perspective. From when you are going to receive relief from your current bout of constipation - to the suffering, hunger and sickness of the helpless masses and all of the sorrow and joy in between. So, yes, on some level I think God does care about football.

Well done. I actually agree with you to some extent dP. I just wanted to put those questions out there.

As for this: "So, yes, on some level I think God does care about football", yes, he must care about everyting within creation. But on another level, I feel there is also an impersonal aspect to God that we find difficult to acknowledge because we have so much invested (our lives). For instance, I believe that evolution and natural selection is the mechanism by which He created and maintains life. But, let's face it, this mechanism is rather ruthless and impersonal, eh?

West Coast Ace
12-23-2011, 11:26 AM
I didn't know metaphors followed sports. Learn something new every day.

dParis
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Well done. I actually agree with you to some extent dP. I just wanted to put those questions out there.

As for this: "So, yes, on some level I think God does care about football", yes, he must care about everyting within creation. But on another level, I feel there is also an impersonal aspect to God that we find difficult to acknowledge because we have so much invested (our lives). For instance, I believe that evolution and natural selection is the mechanism by which He created and maintains life. But, let's face it, this mechanism is rather ruthless and impersonal, eh?
You are steering the conversation away from an already borderline Talk Tennis taboo topic to an area that will eventually meet the ire of the Moderators, but I must admit, the last part must be particularly poignant if your name is Marion Barber.

thug the bunny
12-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Roger that. Wasn't planning on saying any more.

Farts! They just ended Giants/Jets coverage to show Cowgirls/Seagulls.

Mdubb23
12-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry Tim, Jesus is a little busy this time of year.

ttbrowne
01-09-2012, 06:43 AM

Tebow is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! He beat the Steelers all by himself. Well...Jesus helped him but it was mainly all Tebow. This man IS truly the son of God. I take it all back. I predict a bigtime blowout victory over the Pats.

volleygirl
01-09-2012, 08:19 AM

He's busy huh? Well, I guess Tebows better than you thought because he beat the Steelers without Jesus' help yesterday.

hb_hound
01-09-2012, 08:31 AM
He's busy huh? Well, I guess Tebows better than you thought because he beat the Steelers without Jesus' help yesterday.

Just a lot of help from the Steeler defense (busted coverage) and his receivers, he is still an average, at best, QB

anhuynh16
01-09-2012, 08:33 AM
T.J Yates is the man..

volleygirl
01-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Just a lot of help from the Steeler defense (busted coverage) and his receivers, he is still an average, at best, QB

HAHA Ok. It was just luck huh and only because of busted coverages? If he'd thrown for 45 yds and no TDs would you have said it was just luck on the Steelers D? No you wouldnt so no matter what Tebow does you guys rip him. Hes won a playoff game vs defending AFC champs with a team that was 1-4 and going NOWHERE when he took over as QB. Thats more than Matt Ryan has done and hes surrounded by studs on his offensive side of the ball.

atatu
01-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Well, Trent Dilfer was an average QB, and he won a super bowl, so that's not bad. The point is that people were saying Tim couldn't even start in the NFL and he's doing all right.

hb_hound
01-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm saying, the Steelers defense was lucky they were not playing against a good QB. If they were, the game would have been decided by the third qtr.
10 for 21 is not a great game and the passes that were incomplete, most were not even close.
No matter how hard the Tebow lovers want to fantasize, unless he makes great strides in the next few years (throwing motion, ability to read defenses and a pass before pulling the ball down and run when your first receiver is covered mentality) he will never be a great QB.
He is going to win games in the first few years, even Vick had success and Doug Williams won a SB, but without a lot of help those wins are not going to continue.

stoo
01-09-2012, 09:10 AM

----------------

I cried the day Jimmy Mac was no longer a bear. Thems were the days.

CCNM
01-09-2012, 10:53 AM
I've always felt that God was a Denver Broncos fan-even when John Elway played for them.

Fifth Set
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm saying, the Steelers defense was lucky they were not playing against a good QB. If they were, the game would have been decided by the third qtr.
10 for 21 is not a great game and the passes that were incomplete, most were not even close.
No matter how hard the Tebow lovers want to fantasize, unless he makes great strides in the next few years (throwing motion, ability to read defenses and a pass before pulling the ball down and run when your first receiver is covered mentality) he will never be a great QB.
He is going to win games in the first few years, even Vick had success and Doug Williams won a SB, but without a lot of help those wins are not going to continue.

You're thoroughly missing the point of the thread. There was little expectation when he was drafted, when the season started, etc. that Tebow would "be a great QB."

Frankly, everyone (myself included) expected him to suck.

And he clearly doesn't suck. With each win, he looks better and better compared to other quarterbacks picked higher than him in the NFL draft.

So it's all upside for the guy. Just tip your hat to him and enjoy it - it's pretty high drama.

shaysrebelII
01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
He's also done more than Giovanni Carmazzi, the QB that the Niners drafted over Brady in 2000.

Also, "better career" is subjective. Matt Stafford passed for over 5,000 yards this season, but he had a better team around him than Tebow does, and has never won a playoff game. Matt Ryan hasn't won a playoff game either, but his career win percentage is better than Tebow's.

kimbahpnam
01-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Donald Young

krz
01-11-2012, 11:01 AM
He threw for 316 yards with 31.6 yards per completion on Sunday. He also had John 3:16 written under his eyes during the National Championship Game.

I'm just sayin that's kinda wierd. Maybe this Mayan 2012 prediction is coming true!

Tebow 3:16 (Sorry Steve Austin)