PDA

View Full Version : 2012: The Return of Kim Clijsters and Carl Maes

MotherMarjorie
12-15-2011, 12:25 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/12/08/Clijsters-tops-Wozniacki-in-exhibition-return-RPMHBAC-x-large.jpg
Lets just get this out of the way first. Kim has got to do something with her hair. I mean...O..M..G.

For her last season on tour, Kim has brought back coach Carl Maes to rekindle some of their semi-greatness together.

Kim just defeated Caroline Wozniacki in an exhibition a few days ago, after not having played for a very long while.

What chances do you give the defending Australian Open Champion in the grand slam events during her last year on tour?

Discuss. Uh-huh.

Mother Marjorie Ann
Empress of Talk Tennis Warehouse

jones101
12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
I think she has a good chance to defend and, seeing her play Caroline this week, think she is in pretty good form.

My only question is whether that form can hold up over 7 matches, as it has been a while. Then again, she won the US Open in 09 with minimal play.

I do think she will be a contender at the other slams though, I could see her capturing another US Open of her Maiden FO, as by then she should be dialed in.

Either way, Im gonna try and really appreciate the WTA next year and watch as much as I can.

Kim, Venus, Serena, Li, Schiavone, Date, & Petrova are getting up there in age, so who knows how much longer they'll play.

But I can see Kimmy bagging a slam somewhere.
I think 5 GS is an appropriate amount for her career.

MotherMarjorie
12-15-2011, 01:15 PM
I think she has a good chance to defend and, seeing her play Caroline this week, think she is in pretty good form.

My only question is whether that form can hold up over 7 matches, as it has been a while. Then again, she won the US Open in 09 with minimal play.

I do think she will be a contender at the other slams though, I could see her capturing another US Open of her Maiden FO, as by then she should be dialed in.

Either way, Im gonna try and really appreciate the WTA next year and watch as much as I can.

Kim, Venus, Serena, Li, Schiavone, Date, & Petrova are getting up there in age, so who knows how much longer they'll play.

2012 is Kim's farewell tour, according to her own camp. Venus and Serena will not play past the 2012 Olympics. Schiavone will play until she strokes on-court. Date needs to retire and rest.

But anyway, Mother Marjorie is definitely in agreement that Kim still has grand slam glory in her last year on tour. She will definitely be the player to beat at the grand slams, with the only exception being Wimbledon. Serena Williams is a close second, given her abyssmal performance against a lower-ranked player in the US Open finals...there was really no excuse for that performance other than old age.

Mother Marjorie's only concern about Carl Maes has to do with Kim's GS performances while he was her coach. It was as if she had some type of psychological block affixed her head with Carl Maes.

Mother Marjorie is so offended by Kim's hair waffle that she might just have to remove that pic, you betcha!

Oh, well. Its time to start preparing dinner for my baby daddy and baby.

Mother Marjorie Ann

tennis_pro
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
It's hard to predict anything at this point. She might win the AO without losing a set if she's anything close to her best but she's just as likely to skip the whole tournament.

tennis_pro
12-15-2011, 01:23 PM
2012 is Kim's farewell tour, according to her own camp. Venus and Serena will not play past the 2012 Olympics. Schiavone will play until she strokes on-court. Date needs to retire and rest.

But anyway, Mother Marjorie is definitely in agreement that Kim still has grand slam glory in her last year on tour. She will definitely be the player to beat at the grand slams, with the only exception being Wimbledon. Serena Williams is a close second, given her abyssmal performance against a lower-ranked player in the US Open finals...there was really no excuse for that performance other than old age.

Mother Marjorie's only concern about Carl Maes has to do with Kim's GS performances while he was her coach. It was as if she had some type of psychological block affixed her head with Carl Maes.

Mother Marjorie is so offended by Kim's hair waffle that she might just have to remove that pic, you betcha!

Oh, well. Its time to start preparing dinner for my baby daddy and baby.

Mother Marjorie Ann

Is it just your opinion or is this confirmed anywhere?

CCNM
12-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Sorry Marjorie, but I like Kim's hair. At least she now looks like a woman with a husband and child. I'm sure she can win another Grand Slam title

MotherMarjorie
12-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Is it just your opinion or is this confirmed anywhere?
Kim:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/clijsters-deja-vu-with-another-farewell-tour/story-fnbe6xeb-1226223403817

Venus and Serena:

Mother Marjorie was stirring a pot of stew when she saw Venus and Serena wishing her fans farewell for the final time at the bottom of the pot. Mother Marjorie saw kelp and green grass.

Schiavone:

As if.

Date:

Goes without saying.

Mother Marjorie Ann

MotherMarjorie
12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Sorry Marjorie, but I like Kim's hair. At least she now looks like a woman with a husband and child. I'm sure she can win another Grand Slam title
Really? I thought she looked like a young, European boy.

Wig for Kim Clijsters, please!

Mother Marjorie Ann

TMF
12-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Serena is too busy thinking about being a superhero than playing tennis.

http://tweetscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/serena.jpg

heftylefty
12-15-2011, 03:44 PM
TMF, you love waxing about how classy Federer is.

How about following his lead.

robertk29
12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
She's rich, old, and boring, retire already.

TERRASTAR18
12-15-2011, 09:28 PM

jealous? .....

NadalAgassi
12-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Kim's second career has definitely bolstered her legacy which previously was an underachieving 1 slam wonder. Now she has risen to the 4th best player of her generation behind Serena, Henin, and Venus and the 2nd best hard court player of her generation, surpassing both Venus and Henin. One thing that would bolster her career considerably though is to win the French Open. It would remove the idea she is a 1 surface pony, which right now is how she looks a bit.

boredone3456
12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Kim has about as much chance as everyone else at the Aussie. If she is fit she can well win, but she could also bomb out early as she did in 2010 against Petrova after winning the the 2009 US Open. In her comeback she has been erratic despite winning 3 majors. She could be a contender, she could flame out, who knows. Serena will be in the field this year, which will make it more difficult...so we'll see. She has as good a chance as anyone to win the title. I am not going to flat out hand her the trophy, that would be insane...everyone did that for Serena at this years US Open and we all saw how that turned out.....lets just wait and see. She's been out more then half a year...anything is possible.

boredone3456
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Kim's second career has definitely bolstered her legacy which previously was an underachieving 1 slam wonder. Now she has risen to the 4th best player of her generation behind Serena, Henin, and Venus and the 2nd best hard court player of her generation, surpassing both Venus and Henin. One thing that would bolster her career considerably though is to win the French Open. It would remove the idea she is a 1 surface pony, which right now is how she looks a bit.

I dunno if I would flat out Say Kim is above Henin on Hardcourts...she has the extra hardcourt major but overall the competition Henin had to go through to get her hardcourt majors was a lot tougher then what Kim had to deal with. Kim's 2011 Aussie and 2010 US Open wins were strong, but against way weaker WTA fields than any of the 3 fields Any won hardcourt majors against. And since Henin beat Kim twice in Hardcourt major finals...its not as cut and dry as simply going Kim has 4 hardcourt majors to Henin's 3. Kim in her comeback has benefited a lot from the fact that the tour around her is insanely weak. When the tour was stronger during her first go through it was a lot harder and Henin was beating her fairly consistently and making her life very difficult. She has padded her numbers...but its against an insanely weak field. That to me makes the debate still pretty close, especially considering how explosive Henin was at her peak on hardcourts.

BeHappy
12-16-2011, 12:42 PM

Not really, she came back with Henin, Davenport, Capriati, and just about everyone else you an think of really retired. Venus was sick and Serena had physical problems too. She was just the last player standing from her generation.

MotherMarjorie
12-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Mother Marjorie thought Kim had Jennifer on the ropes in the 2001 French Open finals. Mother Marjorie thinks if Kim had won, her career would have taken a more historic look with more grand slam wins, and she wouldn't have had all the psychological boogey-men haunting her for the next several years.

But, it wasn't to be.

Mother Marjorie Ann

MotherMarjorie
12-16-2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.healthylifestyleplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/wigs.jpg

Hmmmmm...let's find Kim a wig, shall we?

Mother Marjorie Ann

MotherMarjorie
12-16-2011, 02:00 PM

Serena tweeted that pic today according to yahoo sports (who is SO reliable). Its probably the worst photoshopped pic of Serena in years. The rear-end in the pic is way...way...way....smaller than Serena's. The breasts are also much smaller than Serena's.

The wig is Serena.

In short, nice try Serena, but we know that body isn't yours.

Mother Marjorie Ann

adamX012
12-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Serena tweeted that pic today according to yahoo sports (who is SO reliable). Its probably the worst photoshopped pic of Serena in years. The rear-end in the pic is way...way...way....smaller than Serena's. The breasts are also much smaller than Serena's.

The wig is Serena.

Mother Marjorie Ann

LOL... Good post and thread, your highness...

TMF
12-17-2011, 10:26 AM
TMF, you love waxing about how classy Federer is.

How about following his lead.

jealous? .....

What is your problem. I just find it odd that Serena chose Superman since it's a male superhero. That's like Federer chose to be Wonder Woman, or Nadal chose Batwoman. Silly isn't it ?

TMF
12-17-2011, 10:35 AM

The wig is Serena.

Mother Marjorie Ann

Yeah, Serena posing as Superman doesn't look right at all. We know she's an attention seeker, but please. And even if she chose a female superhero, she doesn't have the body of a superhero since they all have great body, not to mention they are all white.

One thing for sure, Serena can make up for the hair since she can choose any wig to match certain superhero.

jones101
12-17-2011, 11:03 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_d-fKyEt18Bw16WK2dcV0py96taPS1j0-eMtiZlHyeqazVReHANDH2ggo

TERRASTAR18
12-17-2011, 03:57 PM
What is your problem. I just find it odd that Serena chose Superman since it's a male superhero. That's like Federer chose to be Wonder Woman, or Nadal chose Batwoman. Silly isn't it ?

ever heard of her-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM27EGs_5zI

TERRASTAR18
12-17-2011, 04:05 PM

The wig is Serena.

Mother Marjorie Ann

don't talk, we all know who you are-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWUsiv2tQ8

MotherMarjorie
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
don't talk, we all know who you are-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWWUsiv2tQ8
You silly, silly, silly Williams fans are SO defensive these days, as the end of Venus and Serena's careers are upon us.

You should try to channel that anger into something positive like helping families in Compton or ice skating on a pond above freezing. Yep, you betcha!

Your Mama wears combat boots! Uh, huh, oh, yes she does.

Mother Marjorie Ann

MotherMarjorie
12-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah, Serena posing as Superman doesn't look right at all. We know she's an attention seeker, but please. And even if she chose a female superhero, she doesn't have the body of a superhero since they all have great body, not to mention they are all white.

One thing for sure, Serena can make up for the hair since she can choose any wig to match certain superhero.
TMF, Mother Marjorie thinks Serena might have a little too much time on her hands.

Mother Marjorie never has any spare time during the holidays because she is always baking, shopping and making candy. Just this weekend, Mother Marjorie, her baby daddy and baby delivered cookies and candy to all of her neighbors. It gave Mother Marjorie the opportunity to see if any of them had done any remodeling or purchased new furniture. Not that interior design is important to Mother Marjorie, oh, no, it is not!

Mother Marjorie Ann

jones101
12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
TMF, Mother Marjorie thinks Serena might have a little too much time on her hands.

Mother Marjorie never has any spare time during the holidays because she is always baking, shopping and making candy. Just this weekend, Mother Marjorie, her baby daddy and baby delivered cookies and candy to all of her neighbors. It gave Mother Marjorie the opportunity to see if any of them had done any remodeling or purchased new furniture. Not that interior design is important to Mother Marjorie, oh, no, it is not!

Mother Marjorie Ann

Are you Candy Lady????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou76DXq57MI

Eternity
12-19-2011, 02:40 PM

Me too. I'm really happy Kim is back in action, she's always been my fav. I think she has another major in her before she retires.

TMF
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
ever heard of her-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM27EGs_5zI

Serena was wearing a one-piece Superman pajama outfit, not a Supergirl. And even if she did, Supergirl is a beautiful white blond.

As Serena tweeted..
"Up up and Away !!!"
:)

heftylefty
12-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Serena was wearing a one-piece Superman pajama outfit, not a Supergirl. And even if she did, Supergirl is a beautiful white blond.

As Serena tweeted..
"Up up and Away !!!" :)

What is with your obsession? With your twisted logic maybe Serena or anyone like her shouldn't be allow to play tennis.

Talk about being a throwback from an era long gone. Do you whistle Dixi when writing your post?

TMF
12-19-2011, 05:19 PM
What is with your obsession? With your twisted logic maybe Serena or anyone like her shouldn't be allow to play tennis.

Talk about being a throwback from an era long gone. Do you whistle Dixi when writing your post?

And what is your obsession with me?

I never said she shouldn't be allow to play tennis. Get a grip.

MotherMarjorie
12-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Are you Candy Lady????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou76DXq57MI
Not exactly, Jones101 :-)

Everyone in Mother Marjorie's neighborhood does expect Mother Marjorie's chocolates during the holidays, but they all know my name.

Mother Marjorie Ann

MotherMarjorie
12-20-2011, 11:21 AM
As Serena tweeted..
"Up up and Away !!!"
...wonders if Serena wished she had skipped the Kardashian Wedding and played tennis in Cincinnati instead.

Its all relative, you know.

Mother Marjorie Ann

Dedans Penthouse
12-20-2011, 01:06 PM
It's Christmas.....I'm not going to shoot holes in this.

http://www.smaktakula.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/crying-wonder-woman.jpeg http://www.fafamonge.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/federer_crying.jpg

Sentinel
12-21-2011, 01:44 AM
This Mother Margarine is beginning to grow on me with her "oh yes she is", "oh no she's not", "you betcha" etc.

oh no she's not :D

Bjorn99
12-21-2011, 03:06 AM
I have been a big Serena fan over the years, but dressing up in that outfit, tweeting it, and choking in the final at the US OPEN, and possibly photoshopping the photo to appear slimmer, is well, truly Hall of SHAME. Not much more to say.

I mean,doesn't she get ENUF attention? Pretty lame and sad.

Objective Danny
12-22-2011, 08:02 AM
http://www.healthylifestyleplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/wigs.jpg

Hmmmmm...let's find Kim a wig, shall we?

Mother Marjorie Ann

No! No dead hair for Classy Kim Clijsters. We like her as she is. Granted, she had a 'bad hair day' during the match, but let's leave the dead hair to the Williams Sisters. . . It becomes them.

MotherMarjorie
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
This Mother Margarine is beginning to grow on me with her "oh yes she is", "oh no she's not", "you betcha" etc.

oh no she's not :D
Oh, yes, she is :-)

Mother Marjorie Ann

MotherMarjorie
12-22-2011, 12:23 PM
No! No dead hair for Classy Kim Clijsters. We like her as she is. Granted, she had a 'bad hair day' during the match, but let's leave the dead hair to the Williams Sisters. . . It becomes them.
Danny, Danny, Danny......

Mother Marjorie thinks its been an open secret for years that Kim Clijsters has that bad Belgian hair (but no one really wanted to say anything, until now): thick, coarse, wavy, unmanagable.....she has to keep it long, otherwise she looks like some young boy from Europa.

When it was longer, she could just put it in a pony-tail and go about her business. But now, since its cut short, she is unable to manage the tsunami of bad hair that hit her head, you betcha!

Mother Marjorie applauds Kim for trying something new, but its not working, and since its cut, a wig is the only option. Mother Marjorie thinks that Serena has enough blonde wigs to help Kim out. Oh, yes she does!

Mother Marjorie Ann

adamX012
12-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Not exactly, Jones101 :-)

Everyone in Mother Marjorie's neighborhood does expect Mother Marjorie's chocolates during the holidays, but they all know my name.

Mother Marjorie Ann

Your highness, could you make some truffle? I love them a lot...

http://kisbyto.blogspot.com/2011/05/national-truffle-day.html

celoft
12-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Me too. I'm really happy Kim is back in action, she's always been my fav. I think she has another major in her before she retires.

At the USO.

I think Serena might win the AO.

Apparently she's lost some weight.

MotherMarjorie
12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Your highness, could you make some truffle? I love them a lot...

http://kisbyto.blogspot.com/2011/05/national-truffle-day.html
Yes, indeed, Adam! Mother Marjorie's truffles are velvety and sweet and fun to eat! But only during the holidays because they aren't healthy food. Avoid empty calories during the rest of the year!

Mother Marjorie Ann

MotherMarjorie
12-23-2011, 12:00 PM
At the USO.

I think Serena might win the AO.

Apparently she's lost some weight.
Don't be fooled by the Superman photo. Its obviously photoshopped.

Mother Marjorie Ann

TMF
12-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Don't be fooled by the Superman photo. Its obviously photoshopped.

Mother Marjorie Ann

It's hard to lose weight when McDonalds is on every corner of the city in the United States.

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/serena-williams-mcdo87ce12.jpg?w=435

jones101
12-23-2011, 01:05 PM
It's hard to lose weight when McDonalds is on every corner of the city in the United States.

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/serena-williams-mcdo87ce12.jpg?w=435

Yet is by far and away the most successful slam player of her generation, in both singles an doubles.

Maybe that is where the rest of the WTA has been going wrong?

Maybe if Sharapova et al ate more at Ronalds house rather than training crosscourt drills, they could win more too???

Just a thought ..........

TERRASTAR18
12-23-2011, 03:08 PM
You silly, silly, silly Williams fans are SO defensive these days, as the end of Venus and Serena's careers are upon us.

You should try to channel that anger into something positive like helping families in Compton or ice skating on a pond above freezing. Yep, you betcha!

Your Mama wears combat boots! Uh, huh, oh, yes she does.

Mother Marjorie Ann

ok drag queen, don't get your knickers in a bunch, you are getting roid rage like your hero henin.

TMF
12-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Yet is by far and away the most successful slam player of her generation, in both singles an doubles.

Maybe that is where the rest of the WTA has been going wrong?

Maybe if Sharapova et al ate more at Ronalds house rather than training crosscourt drills, they could win more too???

Just a thought ..........

I doubt that. If Maria was as wide as Serena, I don't think she can make the pro. :)

TERRASTAR18
12-23-2011, 03:12 PM

As Serena tweeted..
"Up up and Away !!!"

ever heard of reinvention, worked for this guy-
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/iron-man-2-movie-image-samuel-l-jackson-01.jpg
or this one-
http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2011/08/01/Half-black-half-Hispanic-Spider-Man-revealed-MH8RQ8T-x-large.jpg

jones101
12-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Where exactly is this photo meant to photoshopped?

mellowyellow
12-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Her Generation depended highly on who was and was not retired at the moment.