PDA

View Full Version : Will Radwanska win a slam? Will Wozniacki? Which pusher will do it first?

passive_aggressive
12-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Women play tennis?

tennis_pro
12-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Radwanska is not a pusher, she just lacks power. Wozniacki has some power from the bh wing but decides to loop the ball most of the time, that's a pusher.

Fate Archer
12-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Marta Domachowska will win a slam before either one.

http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/b_profile3/Marta_Domachowska_300.jpg

You heard it here first.

tennis_pro
12-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Marta Domachowska will win a slam before either one.

You heard it here first.

Hey, are you Polish? Don't think anyone else would know Domachowska without checking her out in the internetz beforehand

jones101
12-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Radwanska is not a pusher, she just lacks power. Wozniacki has some power from the bh wing but decides to loop the ball most of the time, that's a pusher.

This for the win, it annoys me when people call Radwanska a pusher.

Fate Archer
12-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey, are you Polish? Don't think anyone else would know Domachowska without checking her out in the internetz beforehand

Lol no, I'm not polish. :)
First time I watched her playing was at the AO in this match (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-dTGe2f0k). Was VERY impressed and entertained with how she was going toe to toe with Venus at power hitting.

She had a somewhat decent year afterwards but what made me puzzled was how she completely vanished from the scene after that year.

Never saw her again in any big stage tournaments and it seems that she's living with ups and downs at low profile ITF's and qualifyings over the last few years.

If she could always play like she did at that match she would be SOOOOOO much more entertaining than the bunch of high profile players that we currently have in the WTA.

Edit: Was checking her profile now and I think I just found an unicorn:

ITF, GREAT BRITAIN, October 24 2011, $75,000, HARD (O)

Draw: 32M/32q/16d, Rank: 200 Seed/entry: 2/Q

Q-R32 H2H Barnett, Alicia (GBR) 9999 W 6-1 6-0
Q-R16 H2H Ejdesgaard, Malou (DEN) 864 W 6-3 6-2
Q-Q H2H (6) Koehler, Maria Joao (POR) 227 W 6-4 4-6 6-4
R32 H2H Savchuk, Olga (UKR) 193 W 6-3 6-4
R16 H2H (4) Hlavackova, Andrea (CZE) 101 W 3-6 6-4 6-3
Q H2H Koehler, Maria Joao (POR) 227 W 2-6 6-2 6-2
S H2H Bychkova, Ekaterina (RUS) 169 W 7-6(3) 2-6 6-3
F H2H (3) Keothavong, Anne (GBR) 91 L 6-1 6-3

So she played the same player more than once in the same tournament and in each match all the set scores were all the same!!! And both matches in 3 sets!!! And she won them both!! :shock: :shock:

I think that was worth noticing. :)

passive_aggressive
12-16-2011, 02:47 AM
errr.... so will Radwanska win a slam?

Do you think Radwanska or Wozniacki best embodies the female Andy Murray?

tennis_pro
12-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Neither of them will.

wings56
12-16-2011, 05:54 AM
This for the win, it annoys me when people call Radwanska a pusher.

yeah clearly she isnt a pusher. watching highlights shows her stepping inside the court and even moving into the net. she just hits the ball a lot less hard than most of the rest of the WTA

TTMR
12-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Wozniacki just needs a favourable draw (void of people like Serena) and she'll be set. Radwanska, though certainly not a blaster, and has a more dynamic game than Wozniacki, is just too inconsistent, and too vulnerable to big hitters. Her serve is also far worse than Caroline's.

passive_aggressive
12-16-2011, 10:45 AM
junk ballers/slicers are meant to frustrate ball-bashers and be good against them, aren't they?

How useless must Radwanska be if even the type of player she is meant to be the antidote to can easily beat her.

jones101
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
junk ballers/slicers are meant to frustrate ball-bashers and be good against them, aren't they?

How useless must Radwanska be if even the type of player she is meant to be the antidote to can easily beat her.

Dumb post, really showing your lack of knowledge.

How can you categorise Radwanska as just a junk ball/slicer?????

She can hit flat, sliced and topspin shots well.

She plays well behind, on and inside the baseline, and isn't afraid of the net. She also has good volleying skills.

She can attack and defend very well, moves well, anticipates well, and improvises amazingly.

Her mental strength is often overshadowed by her physical strength imo. The only things lacking in her game is more power (which she seems to be developing) and a decent 2nd serve.

Apart from that, she is a complete, all court player, so how is she just a slicer/junkballer?

Someone like Niculesu fits that tag more appropriately.

Oh, and considering she is top 10, won 3 titles this year (equivilent of 2 Masters 1000 and a 500 on the ATP), how exactly is she USELESS?

ThoughtCrime
12-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Dumb post, really showing your lack of knowledge.

How can you categorise Radwanska as just a junk ball/slicer?????

She can hit flat, sliced and topspin shots well.

She plays well behind, on and inside the baseline, and isn't afraid of the net. She also has good volleying skills.

She can attack and defend very well, moves well, anticipates well, and improvises amazingly.

Her mental strength is often overshadowed by her physical strength imo. The only things lacking in her game is more power (which she seems to be developing) and a decent 2nd serve.

Apart from that, she is a complete, all court player, so how is she just a slicer/junkballer?

Someone like Niculesu fits that tag more appropriately.

Oh, and considering she is top 10, won 3 titles this year (equivilent of 2 Masters 1000 and a 500 on the ATP), how exactly is she USELESS?

Don't bother arguing with passive_aggressive, it's pretty clear he's a troll who doesn't know what he's talking about. He's simply trying to get a rise out of people.

NadalAgassi
12-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Wozniacki just needs a favourable draw (void of people like Serena) and she'll be set.

Please, Wozniacki has lost to scrubs in almost every tournament she played since mid April. Her only hope to even make decent showings anymore it seems is dream draws with the easiest possible seeds and non dangerous non seeds on hard courts. She has only played Serena once since January 2009 so her failures in the game have nothing to do with Serena. She finally played again and lost easily to Serena at the U.S Open, but one round before Serena was spanked by Stosur, while Stosur herself who had nearly lost in the 3rd and 4th round of this years U.S Open, so it is not like Serena stopped some potential title run or anything even there.

Wozniacki was actually only 7th in WTA points for the 2nd half of 2012. I predict a huge fall in the rankings for her upcoming.

santoro
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Neither of them will.

Radwanska was now as close as Wozniacki at winning Grand Slam. (bieng in final)
It seems Rad has a better chance to win one- however I wouldnt like it, taken the style of game she is playing- at all...

NadalAgassi
07-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Wozniacki will never win a slam period. Has a 4% chance of someday winning one at best. Not enough talent, game, desire, good enough coaching, anything really. Just not good enough.

Radwanska will win atleast one and could win anywhere from 1-3.

THUNDERVOLLEY
07-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Neither of them will.

Radwanska could win a couple of French Open titles; her game seems like it would mature into the kind that would work there.

Regarding Wozniacki...as said before, she would need the perfect storm of conditions in order to win...sick/injured top players, brainfarting players, key upsets, or absent threats in order to win. Any combination of those conditions will lead the current daddy-controlled Wozniacki to a majors victory.

wilkinru
07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd say Radwanska, mostly because she can likely up her game a little still. 5% power could be all thats needed?

dont always need over 9000

mellowyellow
07-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Wozniacki just needs a favourable draw (void of people like Serena) and she'll be set. Radwanska, though certainly not a blaster, and has a more dynamic game than Wozniacki, is just too inconsistent, and too vulnerable to big hitters. Her serve is also far worse than Caroline's.

Someone with sense and sees them for what they are....

Gangsta
07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
They might, if they get lucky enough. Serena could lose in the second round and they could catch Maria on an off-day and win it all. You never know, some people get lucky.

tennis_pro
07-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Radwanska was now as close as Wozniacki at winning Grand Slam. (bieng in final)
It seems Rad has a better chance to win one- however I wouldnt like it, taken the style of game she is playing- at all...

I know the Wimbledon final is still fresh in memory. Listen, I like Radwanska but she would need a repeat of her 2012 Wimbledon draw + anyone but Sharapova/Williams/Azarenka/Kvitova in the final.

Serena is still good enough to win majors for another 2-3 years at least, next in line there's Azarenka, Sharapova, maybe Kvitova.

The-Champ
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Wozniaki is already trying to imitate Serena here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOEeyke8bm8

Maybe she is aiming for 14 majors, and will try to hold all 4 majors at least once. The "Wozniaki Slam" is on the way ladies and gents.

Backhandz
07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Wozniacki is a hot mess right now, hopefully she can get a hold of her game and come up with something that resembles a more power game. With her dad still at the coaching helm, I doubt anything is going to change.

Radwanska has proven to be a totally different player than Woz. Radwanska's game is about finesse and anticipation. I have yet to see any other players in the atp or wta who can come up with the trick shots she can. I think 2011 was her big year of improvement, now that she's at the top, it will be interesting to see what she comes up with. I don't expect her to fade away anytime soon, she does everything at her own pace.

THUNDERVOLLEY
07-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Listen, I like Radwanska but she would need a repeat of her 2012 Wimbledon draw + anyone but Sharapova/Williams/Azarenka/Kvitova in the final.

That's pretty much saying she needs the same perfect storm of conditions as Wozniacki in order to win at this event. By that standard, she really does not deserve to win.

Serena is still good enough to win majors for another 2-3 years at least, next in line there's Azarenka, Sharapova, maybe Kvitova.

Kvitova has been a disappointment since the sheen of her Wimbledon title faded at the end of 2011. I would like to see her win another Wimbledon o two, but she really needs someone to teach her how to move, move naturally across the entire court, and drop the flat footed stork act. If she becomes more of an athlete, she could be dangerous.

NadalAgassi
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
I know the Wimbledon final is still fresh in memory. Listen, I like Radwanska but she would need a repeat of her 2012 Wimbledon draw + anyone but Sharapova/Williams/Azarenka/Kvitova in the final.

Radwanska can beat Sharapova in a final. Just look at the Miami final. Based on recent evidence it is Maria who needs to face a total mug in the final (eg- Sara Errani) to win, as she crumbles badly with nerves otherwise. Even if she faced her pigeon Stosur in a big final she would probably lose based on her recent big final performances (minus the Errani cardboard cutout they set up as a display on the other side). Kvitova can hit herself off the court vs any decent opponent, Radwanska included. Radwanska probably cant beat Kvitova, but she probably has a roughly 50% chance of being on court while Kvitova loses it anytime they play.

Yeah she wont beat Serena or Azarenka in a final though. Atleast not right now.

santoro
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM

I wonder if Serena is going really to play the next 2/3 years..
Kvitova as someone stated before is not in her best shape.
You can never know if one of the 4 players don't get any injuries.

So if Radwaska has a good draw she mays still somehow get into the finals and somehow:) win the final.
I don't know how she got so far this year (Wimbledon) as I mentioned in my thread:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=431599

NadalAgassi
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
They might, if they get lucky enough. Serena could lose in the second round and they could catch Maria on an off-day and win it all. You never know, some people get lucky.

Wozniacki cant even beat Pazcek, Grantuchova, Cibulkova, retiring no longer top 10 caliber (even when she plays) Clijsters, whatever obscure person she lost to at the French this year who I cant even remember, in slams anymore. Serena going out is meaningless to her hopes.