PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2011-12 discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

soyizgood
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
The season starts Xmas day. Trade rumors may still be swirling around, but barring a sudden Dwight Howard trade I think the teams are set. Questions need to be answered, the ***** and haters needs to come out, and this shortened season will come and go fast and furiously.

If anyone wants to put together a TT fantasy basketball league on yahoo, that will make it even funner. Otherwise, let the talking, ranting, raving, etc begin.

soyizgood
12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Going by last season's playoff teams:
West-
Spurs are toast. NBA should do a farewell tour for Duncan and NBA should give him a rocking chair like some team did for Kareem.

Lakers got a useless $9 million trade exemption in exchange for losing Odom. No Shannon Brown, lost out on Paul and losing out on Howard.

Mavericks didn't do anything to compensate for losing Chandler. Is Odom going to play center? Sure won't be Nowitzki or Marion.

Thunder stayed pat. If they can play a lick of defense they might be the front-runners now.

Nuggets stayed pat also. Definitely came out the better end of the Carmelo deal. Might trade off a couple of players, but a little more chemistry and they might make a splash.

Trailblazers got whammied with Roy's retirement. Flushed $9 million more on Oden. Should make playoffs, but looks like another 1st round exit.

Hornets are toast. Team lost probably 50% of its net worth trading Paul. Rebuilding mode in a town that produces poor attendance numbers.

Grizzlies threw a boatload of cash to keep Marc Gasol, but good reason to be optimistic about this bunch.

Outside looking in are the Clippers, Warriors, Rockets

hollywood9826
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I think the young teams are in good shape. This schedule is brutal, these guys have never had to play so many games with so little rest.

For that reason I really like OKC. That team is young and will be bale to get up for those back to back and on day rests better that than the old heads.

I dont know if pauls knee is 100% and dounbt it ever will be, but Lob City should be full effect and that should be a great team to watch.

Dont sleep on the Pacers in the East, that team is tough and will surprise some people. The Short preseason and fast season should favor MIA more than the other east power houses

soyizgood
12-18-2011, 06:38 PM
East-
Bulls think Rip is the answer for the SG spot. Not sure about that one. IMHO they need a 2nd scorer that can create his own shot to take some pressure off Rose. Deng, Noah, and Boozer are useless when things matter most.

Heat did well to pick up Battier. Question is if Chalmers will be allowed to distribute the ball. Running isolation plays all game slows down the whole game.

Celtics lost Green for the year. Their bench is weaker, starters are OOOOOLD, and Rivers' skills will really be tested thanks to no help nor plan from Ainge, as usual. The "Three Amigos" look to become the "Lone Ranger" at year's end.

Magic are toast. They'll be zombies come playoff time, assuming Howard is still with the team. Lost that chucker Arenas, yet re-signed Richardson. Until/unless D12's position is clear, they won't be getting any real help.

Hawks are stuck in a rut. Good enough to be among the East's top 4, but way below the level of the Heat and Bulls. No real leader on this squad.

Knicks will have a full year of Carmelo and Amare. Getting Chandler was a plus. Team still doesn't play any defense excluding Chandler.

76ers and Pacers are just fighting to get in the playoffs. Definition of first round fodder.

Outside looking in- just about the entire 9-15 excluding the Cavaliers. Yes it is that bad.

westside
12-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Thought I'd get something like this going;

Who do you want to win?: Boston

Who do you think will win?: OKC (against Miami)

Which team will be most improved: Clippers or Minnesota

Which team will fall off: Spurs

Who will win MVP: Kevin Durant

Who will win Rookie of the year: Kemba Walker

(feel free to add more)

soyizgood
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
I root for the Spurs, but they have 0% chance of winning the title. Too old, too slow, and even their vaunted defense slipped off measurably. Traded off their young role players and given San Antonio is no destination for top free agents, they need to tank and get lucky in the draft. Hey, it worked twice before.

djNEiGht
12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
the following is some info i got from my cousin and her boyfriend.

HELLO FAMILY!

So just wanted to share this link with you guys for discounted Clipper tickets. My boyfriend, Jay, is an intern for the Clippers and works as a camera guy for LACTv/Clippers.com. He does most of the camera work for the practices, as well as interviewing players. Videos are usually posted on Clippers.com/NBA.com OR will be played during the games. As an intern he gets discounts to clipper tickets, but only to limited games. If you are interested to get a few to see the "new" Clipper team, click the link below look for tickets and use the Promo Code: CLIPPERS. Spread the word because the intern that sells the most tickets gets a reward so we are trying to spread the word to everyone we know. THANKS.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/group_corp_start.htmI?l=EN&team=clippers&owner=11268714&group=3798&err&event&customerID
Promo Code: CLIPPERS

help Jay be the leading intern in terms of tickets sold

FuriousYellow
12-19-2011, 05:58 PM
My Lakers will be fine despite everyone writing them off. We'll still be the best team in Los Angeles despite all the drooling over Chris Paul.

My only concern is if Andrew Bynum can stay healthy for an entire season. We're already losing him for five games for that dirty play against Barea. Everyone else on the squad will be fine. We still have the biggest and most talented Center/Power Forward combo in the NBA and Kobe Bryant.

westside
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Gotta admit, the Clippers looked damn good today, despite it being a practice game. Though I agree that you'd be stupid to write off the Lakers, Kobe especially.

Big_Dangerous
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
The season starts Xmas day. Trade rumors may still be swirling around, but barring a sudden Dwight Howard trade I think the teams are set. Questions need to be answered, the ***** and haters needs to come out, and this shortened season will come and go fast and furiously.

If anyone wants to put together a TT fantasy basketball league on yahoo, that will make it even funner. Otherwise, let the talking, ranting, raving, etc begin.

I went ahead and made a league on Yahoo for Talk Tennis

League ID # 116955
Password: dodgy

I think there's room for up to 12 people, so everyone feel free to join up.

Big_Dangerous
12-19-2011, 09:08 PM
My Lakers will be fine despite everyone writing them off. We'll still be the best team in Los Angeles despite all the drooling over Chris Paul.

My only concern is if Andrew Bynum can stay healthy for an entire season. We're already losing him for five games for that dirty play against Barea. Everyone else on the squad will be fine. We still have the biggest and most talented Center/Power Forward combo in the NBA and Kobe Bryant.

I forgot he was suspended for that lmao.

Yeah I don't see the Lakers being that great this year. I could honestly see them finish 4th or worse in the Western conference.

jamesblakefan#1
12-19-2011, 09:32 PM

League ID # 116955

I'll join...didn't feel like starting one this time since I did Fantasy Football. Call it laziness. :lol:

jamesblakefan#1
12-19-2011, 09:39 PM
My predictions
East (1-8): Miami, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Indiana, Boston, Philly, New Jersey
West (1-8): OKC, Dallas, LAL, Memphis, LAC, SA, Denver, Golden State

Finals (as much as it pains me): Miami d. OKC in 6
MVP: LeBron

westside
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM

League ID # 116955

Just joined.

soyizgood
12-20-2011, 07:36 AM
I joined in too.

samprasbackhand
12-20-2011, 08:13 AM

(feel free to add more)

1. Lakers, although I don't expect them to win so I would want Dallas/Memphis to take it.

2. Miami, can't say against who though

3. Clippers

4. Boston

5. Durant

6. Kyrie Irving

djNEiGht
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM

(feel free to add more)

Lakers

Miami v Dallas

Clippers

Houston

D Rose

no pick for a rookie...

---------------------------

I've been a fan of Los Angeles basket ball. Grew up with family rooting for the Lakers. Started to pay attention to Clippers in the mid-late 80s. Will this finally be a chance to chant "BEAT LA"?

Let's see what happens wednesday during the pre-season rematch.

Excited to see what the rest of the league will/can do.

Big_Dangerous
12-21-2011, 01:11 AM
My predictions
East (1-8): Miami, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Indiana, Boston, Philly, New Jersey
West (1-8): OKC, Dallas, LAL, Memphis, LAC, SA, Denver, Golden State

Finals (as much as it pains me): Miami d. OKC in 6
MVP: LeBron

Yeah I really like Oklahoma City this year as well.

They're looking pretty good, Kevin Durant is going to be a beast.

Big_Dangerous
12-21-2011, 01:19 AM

Here are mine :P

Who do you want to win?: Houston or OKC

Who do you think will win?: OKC or Miami, despite despising LBJ on a cellular level, especially after his selfish and obnoxious comments after losing in the Finals last year.

Which team will be most improved: LAC, or New York Knicks

Which team will fall off: LAL, Orlando, Boston

Who will win Rookie of the year: Marcis Morris (PF) Houston

soyizgood
12-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Lakers choked against the Bulls. Deng traveled on that winning score but Gasol missed 3 free throws at the end and Kobe turned it over 8 times.

Mavs looked old against the Heat. OKC looked great against the Magic. Didn't see the end of the Clippers game. Knicks defense sucks but Carmelo came to the rescue.

ZeroSkid
12-26-2011, 07:55 PM

Who do you want to win?: Raptors, Miami or Lakers

Who do you think will win?: Miami

Which team will be most improved: Raptors

Which team will fall off: Dallas

Who will win MVP: Lebron James

Who will win Rookie of the year: Me

(feel free to add more)

.................:)

Ronaldo
12-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Which teams will be most improved: Pacers in the East, NO in the West.

anhuynh16
12-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Who do you want to win?: LAC or OKC

Who do you think will win?: Heat or OKC

Which team will be most improved: LAC,NYC, maybe the bucks?

Which team will fall off: Mavs for sure

Who will win MVP: KD or LBJ

Who will win Rookie of the year: Kemba Walker Or Jimmer Fredette

jamesblakefan#1
12-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Which teams will be most improved: Pacers in the East, NO in the West.

No love for Lob City?

Ronaldo
12-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Like to know how the Bucks and the Bullets lost tonite.

Ronaldo
12-26-2011, 08:07 PM
No love for Lob City?

They are loaded. Like rooting for the Heat.

jamesblakefan#1
12-26-2011, 08:10 PM
They are loaded. Like rooting for the Heat.

But surely they'll be most improved in the West, no?

Ronaldo
12-26-2011, 08:15 PM
But surely they'll be most improved in the West, no?

Yes, Clippers were 32-50 last yr, may win 40-45 games this yr. Forgot NO won 46 last yr.

Kevin T
12-27-2011, 08:10 AM
The Kings finally get one against the Lakers...opening night, no less. The Lakers looked uninspired following the Bulls loss. Marcus Thornton played big.

Ronaldo
12-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Ricky Rubio will be highlight show with his passing. Eric Gordon put on a show too.

jamesblakefan#1
12-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Durant in the clutch! Dallas 0-3...they'll be fine though. Tough way to lose.

bezs
12-30-2011, 03:22 AM
What an ending to the OKC vs Mavs match great entertainment.

Ronaldo
12-30-2011, 04:55 AM
What an ending to the OKC vs Mavs match great entertainment.

Vinsanity's trey then Durantula strikes. Awesome

djNEiGht
12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
that was a nail bitter indeed. just as i was thinking that carter was washed up...but in the end it didn't matter.

i posted on the first page some deals on clipper tickets. ended up getting some lower bowl seats against the bucks...then the following weekend (not through the same link) I have tickets for LA vs LA. would it be wrong to chant "BEAT LA"?

Say Chi Sin Lo
12-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Vinsanity's trey then Durantula strikes. Awesome

That's just not right. A long fadaway 3 with hands and bodies in his face.

Ronaldo
12-30-2011, 12:56 PM
That's just not right. A long fadaway 3 with hands and bodies in his face.

Rose above the fray. Btw, what defense?

westside
12-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Glad to see Boston finally get a win. Trading Big Baby for Bass looks to be one of the best moves we've made in a while.

Gotta give it up to Minnesota as well. Thought they played damn well against the Heat. Looks like Rubio is beginning to live up to the hype. Lebron is looking like an absolute beast though.

Looking forward to seeing how the Clippers go in the first home game of the season.

dlk
12-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Praying for my home-team to get a 4th or 5th seed.

Finally is time for miami to win it all.

Hoping the Clips will do something.

Ronaldo
12-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Praying for my home-team to get a 4th or 5th seed.

Finally is time for miami to win it all.

Hoping the Clips will do something.

Pacers look like a playoff team

Say Chi Sin Lo
12-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Rose above the fray. Btw, what defense?

haha, it looked chaotic when it was live, hands and bodies everywhere.

Saw it again on sportscenter and you're right.

But still, fading away on a long three, that's still not right.

Big_Dangerous
12-31-2011, 01:56 PM

League ID # 116955

Hey I still need at least one person to join the fantasy basketball league I created.

The draft is scheduled for tomorrow night, so hopefully everyone can make it.

jamesblakefan#1
01-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Atlanta chokes a night after knocking off the Heat. Go Bulls!

Ronaldo
01-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Atlanta chokes a night after knocking off the Heat. Go Bulls!

What is with Noah and Boozer riding the bench the 2nd half? Love that ATL foul shooting. Fan Nite

jamesblakefan#1
01-03-2012, 07:08 PM
What is with Noah and Boozer riding the bench the 2nd half? Love that ATL foul shooting. Fan Nite

Depth. They both were struggling and Asik and Gibson helped spur the comeback, Thibs stuck with them. But Noah made the GW assist at the end. Boozer's peeing me off this year. He honestly could be gone after this year if he keeps playing like crap.

soyizgood
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Boozer is only good for points and a few boards. No leadership, no toughness in the trenches, no heart either.

jamesblakefan#1
01-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Boozer is only good for points and a few boards. No leadership, no toughness in the trenches, no heart either.

This is all Boozer is good for - yelling while Derrick Rose makes all the big plays. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkXNn1sIsd0&feature=related

BigServer1
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Portland knocks off Oklahoma City, now 4-1...Definitely looking like a contender out west.

jamesblakefan#1
01-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Portland knocks off Oklahoma City, now 4-1...Definitely looking like a contender out west.

LaMarcus Aldrige is an All Star...top 5 PF in the league. But since he's in Portland, he'll be hurt by the end of the month.

BigServer1
01-03-2012, 08:35 PM
LaMarcus Aldrige is an All Star...top 5 PF in the league. But since he's in Portland, he'll be hurt by the end of the month.

Lol, we are notorious for awful injury luck, but LMA is pretty sturdy. If he and Wallace stay healthy, we're a top 5 team in the West for sure.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh man, I forgot Wallace went to the Portland now. He's probably going to get 5-7 concussions instead of the annual 1 concussion.

Portland Trailblazer players should not be penalized by the coaching staff for not wanting to dive for the ball, with their injury luck and all.

hollywood9826
01-04-2012, 04:26 AM
The only thing saving LMA from Injury Doom is that He wasnt a highly regarded draft pick and Greg Oden and his penis are still under contract :)

But the Trailblazers are good.

westside
01-04-2012, 04:43 AM
A lot of people were looking past Portland before the season started (myself included). I'm glad that they're playing well though, guys have the worst luck in the league.

I know it's only early in the season, but Rose is making me strongly believe that he win back-to-back MVP titles. The man is beasting at the moment

Ronaldo
01-04-2012, 05:20 AM
A lot of people were looking past Portland before the season started (myself included). I'm glad that they're playing well though, guys have the worst luck in the league.

I know it's only early in the season, but Rose is making me strongly believe that he win back-to-back MVP titles. The man is beasting at the moment

Derrick Rose, bigger, faster, stronger, eh?

jamesblakefan#1
01-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Derrick Rose, bigger, faster, stronger, eh?

Just ask Jeff Teague...and Stacey King. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYbsmTu2Uc

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-04-2012, 10:44 AM

Portland has always been sort of good, kind of hanging in there with the elite teams. They're like Dallas until they won it all last year.

I do hope something good happens to Portland though. They're always fun to watch.

Ronaldo
01-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Just ask Jeff Teague...and Stacey King. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYbsmTu2Uc

Ty, knew I heard it before.

volleygirl
01-05-2012, 06:26 AM
The only thing saving LMA from Injury Doom is that He wasnt a highly regarded draft pick and Greg Oden and his penis are still under contract :)

But the Trailblazers are good.

Aldridge was the 2nd overall pick in the draft when he came out. Thats about as highly regarded as you can get.

hollywood9826
01-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Aldridge was the 2nd overall pick in the draft when he came out. Thats about as highly regarded as you can get.

2006 was thought of before it even started as a down year in the draft. So highly regarded in a dud year excuses Aldrige from the curse :)

Aldrige wasnt supposed to step in and be as good as he is. Oden was expected to be good and a franchise guy like they thought Sam Bowie was gonna be. Add in the fact that in both cases the next player drafted turned out to be the best player in history and a scoring champion.

Bargnani was not supposed to be very good
Aldridge - Drafted by the Bulls
Morrison - Awesome
Ty Thomas - Traded with Viktor Crappa for Aldrige and 2nd rd pick
Sheldon Williams - Awesome
Brandon Roy - Timber wolves traded to Boston who traded to Portland
Randy Foye - Traded to Portland then to Minny for Roy
Rudy Gay
Patrick O'Bryant
Mouhamed Sene
Jj Reddick
Hitlon Armstrong
Thabo Sefalosha
Ronnie Brewer
Cedric Simmons
Rodney carney
Shawne Williams
Pecherov
Quicy Doobie
Renaldo Balkman
Rajon Rondo
Marcus Williams
Josh Boone
Kyle Lowry
Shannon Brown
Jordan Farmar
Sergio Rodriguez
Maurice Ager
Mardy Collins
Joel Freeland

The 2nd round was more nobody excpet Paul Millsap and Maybe Daniel Gibson

volleygirl
01-05-2012, 08:21 AM
2006 was thought of before it even started as a down year in the draft. So highly regarded in a dud year excuses Aldrige from the curse :)

Aldrige wasnt supposed to step in and be as good as he is. Oden was expected to be good and a franchise guy like they thought Sam Bowie was gonna be. Add in the fact that in both cases the next player drafted turned out to be the best player in history and a scoring champion.

Bargnani was not supposed to be very good
Aldridge - Drafted by the Bulls
Morrison - Awesome
Ty Thomas - Traded with Viktor Crappa for Aldrige and 2nd rd pick
Sheldon Williams - Awesome
Brandon Roy - Timber wolves traded to Boston who traded to Portland
Randy Foye - Traded to Portland then to Minny for Roy
Rudy Gay
Patrick O'Bryant
Mouhamed Sene
Jj Reddick
Hitlon Armstrong
Thabo Sefalosha
Ronnie Brewer
Cedric Simmons
Rodney carney
Shawne Williams
Pecherov
Quicy Doobie
Renaldo Balkman
Rajon Rondo
Marcus Williams
Josh Boone
Kyle Lowry
Shannon Brown
Jordan Farmar
Sergio Rodriguez
Maurice Ager
Mardy Collins
Joel Freeland

The 2nd round was more nobody excpet Paul Millsap and Maybe Daniel Gibson

Wow, what a lousy draft. There are only a handful of guys worth a dam in the entire draft. (Bargnani, Aldridge, Gay, Roy, Rondo, Lowry, and Milsap) It kills me that ESPNs announcers keep saying the college players just keep getting better. Theyve gotten worse bigtime in my opinion its just there are no good juniors or seniors to play against so its easier for a freshman to do something.

hollywood9826
01-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Wow, what a lousy draft. There are only a handful of guys worth a dam in the entire draft. (Bargnani, Aldridge, Gay, Roy, Rondo, Lowry, and Milsap) It kills me that ESPNs announcers keep saying the college players just keep getting better. Theyve gotten worse bigtime in my opinion its just there are no good juniors or seniors to play against so its easier for a freshman to do something.

Thats one of the worst drafts ever IMO.

I remember when Seattle picked Sene people were ripping it like it was some bad thing. Patrick O'Bryant just had been drafted #9. That guy made Yao look coordinated. Nobody was left worth anything, why not take a chance of a freakish athletic guy with 7'9" wingspan even if he was unpolished and probabbly had little chance to make an impact. He was just as good of a pick as anyone else at that point.

Rondo was maybe gonna be good but nobody thought he should shoot, and he sorta still cant.

Millsap was really the only guy I thought dropped more than he should have. I think he led the NCAA in rebounds three years in a row. Even if he was only 6'8" he had a large body with good control.

hollywood9826
01-05-2012, 09:55 AM
05 had Deron Williams and Chris Paul go 3-4. Bogut was #1. David Lee and Danny Granger went late 1st. Monte Ellis and Gortat were 2nd rounders.

07 was the Durant draft. Not much by the way of Super Stars but lots of quality role players.

08 was solid.

Rose
Beasley
Mayo
Westbrook
Love
Galinarri
Eric Gordon
Then Joe Alexander (never understood that one)

That 06 draft only has a handful of guys stil in the league. Refrence O'Bryant, Patrick, that is all you need to know

volleygirl
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
The Len Bias draft was one of worst ever also. I think Daugherty was only one in 1st round who didnt flop or have drugs ruin their career.

Ronaldo
01-05-2012, 11:24 AM
02 draft picks were classics, Yao Ming (HOU), Jay Williams (CHI), Mike. Dunleavy (Mil), Dwight Gooden (Mets), N. Tskitishvili (DEN?) http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nikoloz_tskitishvili/career_stats.html

jamesblakefan#1
01-05-2012, 11:32 AM
02 draft picks were classics, Yao Ming (HOU), Jay Williams (CHI), Mike. Dunleavy (Mil), Dwight Gooden (Mets), N. Tskitishvili (DEN?)

To be fair, Yao wasn't a bust, his body just broke down on him. He still was an All Star and arguably the best C in the league when healthy. Jay Williams decided to ride a motorcycle and ruin his career - not so smart for a guy from Duke.

Gooden and Dunleavy are at least still in the league and solid bench players, though definitely didn't live up to their draft pick. Tskitishvili and Williams are the only true busts of that group.

Also, Amare, Caron Butler, Scola, Tayshaun Prince, and my good friend Carlos Boozer were drafted that year, so it wasn't all scrubs.

Yao isn't that bad when you look at who was taken #1 in 01 - MJ's best friend Kwame Brown. :)

Ronaldo
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
To be fair, Yao wasn't a bust, his body just broke down on him. He still was an All Star and arguably the best C in the league when healthy. Jay Williams decided to ride a motorcycle and ruin his career - not so smart for a guy from Duke.

Gooden and Dunleavy are at least still in the league and solid bench players, though definitely didn't live up to their draft pick. Tskitishvili and Williams are the only true busts of that group.

Also, Amare, Caron Butler, Scola, Tayshaun Prince, and my good friend Carlos Boozer were drafted that year, so it wasn't all scrubs.

Yao isn't that bad when you look at who was taken #1 in 01 - MJ's best friend Kwame Brown. :)

Luis Scola is excellent. Pity Boozer did not stay in the mistake by the Lake.

hollywood9826
01-05-2012, 12:49 PM
The Len Bias draft was one of worst ever also. I think Daugherty was only one in 1st round who didnt flop or have drugs ruin their career.

I guess for Superstar talent I will agree.

But Chuck Person, Ron Harper, Johhny Dawkins, John Salley, Dell Curry and Scott Skiles all had good and long careers.

2d round had Mark Price, Dennis Rodman, Kevin Duckworth, and Jeff Hornacek.

The best player in 86 was selected with the last pick of the 1st round but wouldnt play in the NBA for another 10 years. He is in the basketball HOF and is an Olympic Gold medalist.

Hes not my vidas, he not your vidas, He is Arvydas Sabonis.

Ronaldo
01-05-2012, 04:34 PM

But Chuck Person, Ron Harper, Johhny Dawkins, John Salley, Dell Curry and Scott Skiles all had good and long careers.

The best player in 86 was selected with the last pick of the 1st round but wouldnt play in the NBA for another 10 years. He is in the basketball HOF and is an Olympic Gold medalist.

Hes not my vidas, he not your vidas, He Arvydas Sabonis.

Pistons had one Superstar draft for a team without a lottery pick. So did the Cadavers

jamesblakefan#1
01-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Nice job Chokelanta. Can't beat Heat w/o Wade and Bosh.

westside
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Should never have gone to 2OT. Chalmers should have passed off to Bosh instead of trying to be the hero.

Now here's hoping Portland win.

volleygirl
01-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Hes not my vidas, he not your vidas, He is Arvydas Sabonis.

Good call. Sabonis would have been an all time great if not for injuries. I remember seeing him in the Goodwill games and he completely dominated David Robinson and Patrick Ewing. He had it all and could jump like David Robinson before the injuries.

hollywood9826
01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Didnt see the game, but the numbers make it look like Bosh and Chalmers played a solid but not great game.

just checked again Haslem took 16 shots. That might be like his record or something.

hollywood9826
01-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Good call. Sabonis would have been an all time great if not for injuries. I remember seeing him in the Goodwill games and he completely dominated David Robinson and Patrick Ewing. He had it all and could jump like David Robinson before the injuries.

The deal with Sabonis is he could pass so well. Bill Walton said he was like a 7foot3 Larry Bird

I started watching clips of Sabonis then A video came up with Drazen Petrovic (Also drafted by the Blazers in 1986 60th pick) man that guy could just fire a jumper off in no space and get it off and make it with ease. That dude could shoot the lights out.

Remember those mid 80 euro guys could play the physical game. Now all of these euro guys are soft and scared to bang

jamesblakefan#1
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Didnt see the game, but the numbers make it look like Bosh and Chalmers played a solid but not great game.

just checked again Haslem took 16 shots. That might be like his record or something.

Joe Johnson $100 million man but definitely doesn't play like it. They'll be looking to get rid of that contract in about 2 years.

jamesblakefan#1
01-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Lakers losing in Portland, as always. LA doing work.

djNEiGht
01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Lakers losing in Portland, as always. LA doing work.

SMH :cry:

p-town did come with their A game.

ChuDat
01-06-2012, 11:30 AM
This a good trade
Andrea Bargnani for Rodney Stuckey and Jonas Jerebko?

jamesblakefan#1
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
This a good trade
Andrea Bargnani for Rodney Stuckey and Jonas Jerebko?

That trade would make no sense. Toronto already has too many small guards (Calderon, Barbosa, Bayless) and Bargnani is playing the best basketball of his career and could finally live up to being Dirk-lite. No need to trade him.

Ronaldo
01-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Jerebko and Greg Monroe are playing well. Stop starting Stuckey and just buyout his contract.

jamesblakefan#1
01-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Jerebko and Greg Monroe are playing well. Stop starting Stuckey and just buyout his contract.

They just signed him to a new one in December. :oops: Joey D trying to compete w/ his old teammate Isaiah as worst bball exec in recent history?

Ronaldo
01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
They just signed him to a new one in December. :oops: Joey D trying to compete w/ his old teammate Isaiah as worst bball exec in recent history?

Looked like the best from 2004-06. Larry Brown leaves then the inmates were allowed to run the Asylum. Btw, Ben Gordon is not with the team and Stuckey did not dress tonight.

jamesblakefan#1
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Looked like the best from 2004-06. Larry Brown leaves then the inmates were allowed to run the Asylum. Btw, Ben Gordon is not with the team and Stuckey did not dress tonight.

Still will never forgive them for passing up on Melo for Darko in 03. Made no sense then, and obviously makes no sense now.

ChuDat
01-06-2012, 05:07 PM
That trade would make no sense. Toronto already has too many small guards (Calderon, Barbosa, Bayless) and Bargnani is playing the best basketball of his career and could finally live up to being Dirk-lite. No need to trade him.

I'm talking about Fantasy, my mistake

Ronaldo
01-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Still will never forgive them for passing up on Melo for Darko in 03. Made no sense then, and obviously makes no sense now.

Passed on Bosh, Carmelo, and Wade. Joe D may never forgive himself. Pistons needed a big man who would play D.

soyizgood
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Pistons sat Stuckey, Gordon, and that alien Charlie... a trade going on?

Ronaldo
01-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Pistons sat Stuckey, Gordon, and that alien Charlie... a trade going on?

Charlie Villanueva was suspended the 1st three games. Has a foot injury, played three minutes this season. Btw, KG accused Charlie of being locker room poison. http://www.csnne.com/12/30/10/Villanueva-Voodoo-and-Kevin-Garnett/landing.html?blockID=381971&feedID=6385

jamesblakefan#1
01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Passed on Bosh, Carmelo, and Wade. Joe D may never forgive himself. Pistons needed a big man who would play D.

And then Larry Brown gave Darko no burn while Melo was winning ROTY. They still had Ben Wallace then, didn't they? DPOTY, along w/ Sheed and Okur on the front line.

They drafted Darko for his potential, then Larry Brown ruined him.

jamesblakefan#1
01-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Apparently Stuckey, Jerekbo, and Prince can't be traded until March since they just resigned. Gordon and Villanueva could go, but who would want them/their contracts? They want Cousins, but Kings may keep him since they fired their coach for him.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120103/SPORTS03/201030366/Pistons-still-like-Cousins-but-adding-him-to-roster-could-be-tough-task?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

Doubles
01-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Apparently Stuckey, Jerekbo, and Prince can't be traded until March since they just resigned. Gordon and Villanueva could go, but who would want them/their contracts? They want Cousins, but Kings may keep him since they fired their coach for him.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120103/SPORTS03/201030366/Pistons-still-like-Cousins-but-adding-him-to-roster-could-be-tough-task?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

I would love to see cousins playing for the Pistons, he won't turn us around, but he'll be a step in the right direction.

Ronaldo
01-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I would love to see cousins playing for the Pistons, he won't turn us around, but he'll be a step in the right direction.

Lucky not to be a Wizzard

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Cousins need to grow up, AND get better before he plays for another team. He shouldn't be demanding a trade when he's not even a consistent 20 and 10 guy, nor is he a defensive preference. He's a big body but he doesn't play good defense.

Move your feet instead of whining about another foul call.

jamesblakefan#1
01-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Cousins need to grow up, AND get better before he plays for another team. He shouldn't be demanding a trade when he's not even a consistent 20 and 10 guy, nor is he a defensive preference. He's a big body but he doesn't play good defense.

Move your feet instead of whining about another foul call.

Shaq and C-Webb dogged him out on Inside the NBA last night, along with Kenny. Basically said he's not a good enough player to get a coach (Westphal) fired, which is true. Also said he's more of a Scot Pollard at this stage of this career, which I found to be hilarious. :lol:

http://www.nba.com/insidethenba/

westside
01-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Steve Nash 7/7 from the field against Portland. Couldn't see Portland losing to Phoenix prior to the game after their performance yesterday. Cost me money Blazers!

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Shaq and C-Webb dogged him out on Inside the NBA last night, along with Kenny. Basically said he's not a good enough player to get a coach (Westphal) fired, which is true. Also said he's more of a Scot Pollard at this stage of this career, which I found to be hilarious. :lol:

http://www.nba.com/insidethenba/

Yeah I saw that, they're hilarious and they say some real s*** from time to time (understatement, I really mean all the time).

I think Shaq and C-Webb was being nice, and then Kenny was just keeping it real. I believe it, there are only a few players in the NBA who if you can't coach, then you're going to get fired.

I also think there's difference between a player of any sport to be uncoachable, and those who are paired with the wrong coach.

Like in tennis, if a player is naturally aggressive, looks to end points early, serves and volleys, and he/she is paired with a coach who wants to change that and go into a baseline/grind it out style. Then that coach has got to go. Or vice versa. I'm all for adding skills and technique such as being able to hang in the baseline, but if you're going to change my entire game just because that's the coach's style. Then no no. A good coach in any sport is supposed to notice an individual's strength, and amplify those strengths while improving the weaknesses. But a change is a no no.

Ronaldo
01-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Sir Charles in rare form, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHz9FsdiqJc

Fifth Set
01-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Sir Charles in rare form, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHz9FsdiqJc

LOL, I'm not sure if we're laughing with him or at him, but either way it's funny!

westside
01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/10/exclusive-team-usas-preliminary-roster/

Prelim Roster for the Olympics. This is actually insane, and to think you need to pick 12 from these names.

Rose/CP3/Westbrook
Kobe/Wade
Lebron/Melo
Durant/Griffin/Love
Howard/Chandler

^Will most likely be the 12 picked. Though to be honest, if i were American, I'd rather see Rondo or a healthy Steph Curry taking Westbrook's spot. But since i'm not, I'm happy if they keep him in the team :D

Also, coming from an Aldridge, I'd love to see him play in this team. Though who the hell would you take out for him? Either way, just give them the gold medal now.

jamesblakefan#1
01-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm talking about Fantasy, my mistake

Just saw this, lol. If you have Bargnani I'd hold onto him since he's the main scoring option on Toronto. Detroit's too bad to take a chance on any of their players IMO.

jamesblakefan#1
01-10-2012, 06:29 PM
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/10/exclusive-team-usas-preliminary-roster/

Prelim Roster for the Olympics. This is actually insane, and to think you need to pick 12 from these names.

Rose/CP3/Westbrook
Kobe/Wade
Lebron/Melo
Durant/Griffin/Love
Howard/Chandler

^Will most likely be the 12 picked. Though to be honest, if i were American, I'd rather see Rondo or a healthy Steph Curry taking Westbrook's spot. But since i'm not, I'm happy if they keep him in the team :D

Also, coming from an Aldridge, I'd love to see him play in this team. Though who the hell would you take out for him? Either way, just give them the gold medal now.

Kobe might not play because of his injuries. Add D Will as 3rd PG and slide Westbrook over to 2 guard. I'd take Aldridge over Chandler, heck I'd rate him ahead of Love and Griffin as well. Durant at 4? Not happening, he has no post game and would get owned in the paint by the big men of Spain, off the top of my head.

westside
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Kobe might not play because of his injuries. Add D Will as 3rd PG and slide Westbrook over to 2 guard. I'd take Aldridge over Chandler, heck I'd rate him ahead of Love and Griffin as well. Durant at 4? Not happening, he has no post game and would get owned in the paint by the big men of Spain, off the top of my head.

I was gonna say LMA over Love, but you can't really look past him due to him having the highest RPG in the league. Completely agree with LMA > Chandler though, never crossed my mind.

Andres
01-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Interesting and exciting start of the season, my Blazers going strong!! :D

hollywood9826
01-11-2012, 04:33 AM
I was gonna say LMA over Love, but you can't really look past him due to him having the highest RPG in the league. Completely agree with LMA > Chandler though, never crossed my mind.

Love does so much that really translates well into the International game.

Obviously he rebounds at an extremely high level, but often overlooked is his abilty to quickly find the PG with a spot on outlet pass to staert the fast break. He plays with such low talent in minny that it doesnt show as much as it could, but on a squad like the Olympic team you may see him play some center and start up a ton of fast breaks and get tons of transition points.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Anyone watching the Boston Celtics vs. Dallas Mavericks game on ESPN?

My god, this is probably the ugliest game I have ever seen.

And the refs are drunk with some of these calls.

jamesblakefan#1
01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
LeBron in the 4th < Verdasco when he goes up against Nadal. :lol:

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Chris Paul during the post-game on-court interview on the Miami Heat victory:

"This is a good team we just beat."

That's how a classy competitor should behave.

Feņa14
01-12-2012, 03:42 AM

Yeah, to be fair alot of the stars are pretty classy. Rose always says the right things, i've only started watching properly this year after ESPN lost the rights to the NHL in the UK, and it's one of the most impressive things i've noticed so far.

Ronaldo
01-12-2012, 07:07 AM

It's Easy to Grin
When Your Shots all go in
And You have the Heat Beat
But the man worthwhile
Is the One who can smile
When he's wearing John Stockton's shorts?

soyizgood
01-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Damn Dwight Howard. He's killing my fantasy team. 21-39 from the free throw line tonight. You get paid all that money yet can't hit free throws?!?!

jamesblakefan#1
01-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Most FT attempts in NBA history...and he can barely hit half of them. :lol:

Ronaldo
01-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Damn Dwight Howard. He's killing my fantasy team. 21-39 from the free throw line tonight. You get paid all that money yet can't hit free throws?!?!

The NBA needs a Designated Shooter for each team.

hollywood9826
01-13-2012, 05:40 AM
It boggles my mind how guys cant hit at least 70% from the line. Its the one thing I'll never forgive Tim Duncan for. he only 68% career. I mean Shawn bradley was 71% career for christ sakes. Mark Eaton and Muresan were about 65%

Yao Ming was 83%

Dwight is at 59% and there is really no excuse for that. Its just like Shaq, he will complain about getting fouled all the time and get beat out for scoring titles. Make 70% of your FTs and the foul will happen less and you will score at least 3 more point per game garunteed. Rick Barry underhand that crap in if you have to.

volleygirl
01-13-2012, 06:18 AM

Yea that was pathetic. I couldnt believe Steve Kerr was pushing for that rule change where Howard would get 2 free throws and the ball back when the other team does the Hack a Shaq type fouls. The league shouldnt change the rule, Howard should just improve his free throw shooting to a point where no team choses to foul him that way. No other player in the league has to worry about it since Shaqs gone so leave the rule alone.

scotus
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Kobe just passed LeBron for the highest PPG.

westside
01-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I'm aware it's still early, but surely Kobe is the favourite to win MVP (at the moment).

Also Miami losing their 3rd consecutive road game in a row with Wade injuring his ankle late in the game.

p.s, Luol Deng....good god!

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I'm aware it's still early, but surely Kobe is the favourite to win MVP (at the moment).

Also Miami losing their 3rd consecutive road game in a row with Wade injuring his ankle late in the game.

p.s, Luol Deng....good god!

I think Kobe has the kind of game that'll put him in the consideration for MVP every single year.

I also feel like Kobe knows he has to play at a MVP-level just to give his Lakers a chance to get a higher seeds and go deep in the playoffs.

Ronaldo
01-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Yea that was pathetic. I couldnt believe Steve Kerr was pushing for that rule change where Howard would get 2 free throws and the ball back when the other team does the Hack a Shaq type fouls. The league shouldnt change the rule, Howard should just improve his free throw shooting to a point where no team choses to foul him that way. No other player in the league has to worry about it since Shaqs gone so leave the rule alone.

Allow the free throw dunk again. Broadjump from behind the line and dunk it.

volleygirl
01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
I think Kobe has the kind of game that'll put him in the consideration for MVP every single year.

I also feel like Kobe knows he has to play at a MVP-level just to give his Lakers a chance to get a higher seeds and go deep in the playoffs.

I think its laughable how people are acting like Kobe doesnt have quality team mates around him. How many teams in the NBA have two 7 footers who are potential all stars? Gasol and Bynum would be studs on any team in the league and Jordan had to get by with Cartright, Wennigton, Luc Longley, and Will Perdue and his big men so stop crying for poor Kobe.

jamesblakefan#1
01-14-2012, 11:25 AM
I think its laughable how people are acting like Kobe doesnt have quality team mates around him. How many teams in the NBA have two 7 footers who are potential all stars? Gasol and Bynum would be studs on any team in the league and Jordan had to get by with Cartright, Wennigton, Luc Longley, and Will Perdue and his big men so stop crying for poor Kobe.

Bynum has been balling, Shaq even called him the best C in the league the other night (though that probably has more to do w Shaq's beef w/ Dwight :oops:) Still gotta give credit where its due. Even when people are ready to write off Kobe he still can go out and drop 40 like it's nothing.

Ronaldo
01-15-2012, 04:28 AM

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bianchi-saturday-circus-0114-20120112,0,5621074.column

volleygirl
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bianchi-saturday-circus-0114-20120112,0,5621074.column

You dont believe him when he says hes Superman? Superman can leap buildings but cant hit a free throw?

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-15-2012, 04:57 PM

It's not that they're not quality teammates. They're never consistent. That and with Mike Brown coaching, seems like the two of them are getting less and less touches.

It also doesn't help when Kobe is feeling this good, and we all know what happens to the ball when Kobe feels good, it stays in his hands.

At the moment, of the two Gasol brothers, I'll take Marc Gasol over Pau Gasol.

volleygirl
01-15-2012, 05:44 PM
It's not that they're not quality teammates. They're never consistent. That and with Mike Brown coaching, seems like the two of them are getting less and less touches.

It also doesn't help when Kobe is feeling this good, and we all know what happens to the ball when Kobe feels good, it stays in his hands.

At the moment, of the two Gasol brothers, I'll take Marc Gasol over Pau Gasol.

If Mike Brown tried to get Kobe to shoot less, Kobe would go whining to mgmt and get him fired. As long as Kobe insists on shooting 30+ times every night while Gasol and Bynum are lucky to shoot 10 times a game, they wont go anywhere.

jamesblakefan#1
01-15-2012, 06:07 PM
If Mike Brown tried to get Kobe to shoot less, Kobe would go whining to mgmt and get him fired. As long as Kobe insists on shooting 30+ times every night while Gasol and Bynum are lucky to shoot 10 times a game, they wont go anywhere.

Kobe shot 31 times against Cleveland, Utah, and Phoenix and they won.

volleygirl
01-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Kobe shot 31 times against Cleveland, Utah, and Phoenix and they won.

Not exactly murderers row now was it? Yea he can beat those teams doing it but not the good teams and the big men wont like never getting the ball if it goes on too long.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Not exactly murderers row now was it? Yea he can beat those teams doing it but not the good teams and the big men wont like never getting the ball if it goes on too long.

I agree, just look back to those 1st round knockouts before Andrew Bynum woke up and the Pau Gasol heist.

jamesblakefan#1
01-15-2012, 08:25 PM
I agree, just look back to those 1st round knockouts before Andrew Bynum woke up and the Pau Gasol heist.

I'm tired of people treating Kobe like he sucks. Who exactly did he have on those teams outside of himself and Odom that was proven in the NBA? Kwame Brown? Smush Parker? Of course Kobe had to shoot back then, their team was garbage.

Now they still don't have a proven perimeter scorer to take pressure off of Kobe. LeBron has DWade and vice versa. D Rose is in the same situation and gets criticized when he shoots alot, but Chicago has no scorers other than him. Rip should help though.

There's only so many times you can feed the post before teams double up and its up to the perimeter scorer (usually Kobe) to make a play.

Vs LAC Pau took 17 shots (7-17) and Bynum took 13 shots (6-13). Not exactly starving, and both under 50%.

Vs Cle Pau took 16 shots (9-16) Bynum took 9 (7-9).
Vs Utah Bynum took 13 (5-13) Pau took 14 (5-14).
Vs Phoenix Pau took 13 shots (7-13) Bynum took 8 (4-8 ).

So it's not like those guys are starving for shots because of Kobe. They gotta be higher than 50% on a consistent basis though, that's what you expect of any big man.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-15-2012, 08:34 PM
How did:

"I agree, just look back to those 1st round knockouts before Andrew Bynum woke up and the Pau Gasol heist."

turn into:

"I'm tired of people treating Kobe like he sucks."

jamesblakefan#1
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
How did:

"I agree, just look back to those 1st round knockouts before Andrew Bynum woke up and the Pau Gasol heist."

turn into:

You're acting like they were expected to win those series. I remember against Phoenix, they were a 7 seed vs a 2 seed and only got to 7 games because of Kobe. The supporting cast was atrocious, like I mentioned. Kwame Brown as starting C? Smush Parker at PG? Bynum hadn't even hit puberty yet and was a nonfactor in that series, it was basically Kobe Odom and the Washington Generals against the 2nd best team in the West. Same story the year after that when they lost to the Suns in 5.

People act like just because Kobe =/ Jordan he's trash or something, which I hate. He's a damn good player, top 10 of all time IMO, and just because he lost a few series or takes a few too many shots at times (which Jordan did as well BTW) people want to treat him like he's nothing.

volleygirl
01-15-2012, 08:59 PM
How did:

turn into:

Agree, I dont think Ive ever heard anyone say Kobe sucks but James is tired of him being treated like he sucks? Dont remember ever hearing anyone rip Derrick Rose for shooting too much last year either. I mean, I think he did win MVP so where are you hearing all this stuff James?

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Well we all know one can't spell assume without the first three letters in that word.

In case the following statement:

was misleading. Allow me to clarify it.

I was referring to how Kobe, as great as he is, can't do it all by himself. And that the Lakers didn't turn things around until Andrew Bynum seemingly popped out of no where, and the Pau Gasol trade.

jamesblakefan#1
01-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Agree, I dont think Ive ever heard anyone say Kobe sucks but James is tired of him being treated like he sucks? Dont remember ever hearing anyone rip Derrick Rose for shooting too much last year either. I mean, I think he did win MVP so where are you hearing all this stuff James?

In the Miami series especially, people were saying that Rose sucked and didn't deserve MVP since LeBron shut him down. Of course ignoring the fact that his supporting cast is inept offensively. I def heard it.

Well we all know one can't spell assume without the first three letters in that word.

In case the following statement:

was misleading. Allow me to clarify it.

I was referring to how Kobe, as great as he is, can't do it all by himself. And that the Lakers didn't turn things around until Andrew Bynum seemingly popped out of no where, and the Pau Gasol trade.

That's true, and maybe my statement about people treating Kobe like he sucks was a bit overreactionary, in which case I apologize. I did hear people before this season say Kobe was too old, too hurt, etc. I just have a lot of respect for the guy, like his game, I'm a fan, so it ticks me off to hear people write him off. I'm not even a Lakers fan per se, but will root for them in the West since the Bulls are my team. To me for Kobe to be doing what he is with a bum wrist and going on 14+ years in the league is amazing. But maybe he does need to defer more to Bynum (who like I said is playing like the 2nd best C in the league) and Pau.

ChuDat
01-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Bargnani needs to come back. He was 1 of my 2 good pf/c, other being Gasol

LeeD
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
No case for KevinLove? 24 pots and 14 rebs.

westside
01-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Aldridge had a great game in Totonto. 33 points with 23 rebounds. Having a great season so far.

westside
01-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Kevin Love + Ricky Rubio.

Take note, LeBron.

Ronaldo
01-20-2012, 10:41 PM

Take note, LeBron.

Nothing but Love for that last shot, eh? http://www.nba.com/games/20120120/MINLAC/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100225&ls=iref:nbahpt1

jamesblakefan#1
01-20-2012, 11:58 PM

Take note, LeBron.

Take note of what? Love's still being rumored to leave Minny once his contract runs out, and LeBron's still playing at an MVP level last I checked. I'm not even a fan of the guy personally but when it comes to on the court, he's unparalleled by anyone not named Kobe or Durant.

westside
01-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Take note of what? Love's still being rumored to leave Minny once his contract runs out, and LeBron's still playing at an MVP level last I checked. I'm not even a fan of the guy personally but when it comes to on the court, he's unparalleled by anyone not named Kobe or Durant.

Was joking mate, relax :)

Can never turn down a good 4th quarter joke.

jamesblakefan#1
01-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Was joking mate, relax :)

Can never turn down a good 4th quarter joke.

Oh, I thought it was a joke about Love/Rubio being loyal to Minny while Lebron left Cleveland...funny thing is Rubio had to be practically dragged to Minny kicking and screaming and like I said, Love may leave once his contract is up.

Was a good win/good shot by Love though, I'll give them that.

westside
01-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Oh, I thought it was a joke about Love/Rubio being loyal to Minny while Lebron left Cleveland...funny thing is Rubio had to be practically dragged to Minny kicking and screaming and like I said, Love may leave once his contract is up.

Was a good win/good shot by Love though, I'll give them that.

If he wants to win a championship, don't see why he wouldn't.

Fifth Set
01-21-2012, 07:14 PM
I haven't watched much NBA yet this season but caught Denver at NY tonight. Pretty compelling story (first time visiting Melo after the trade) and, even though NY sucks this year, it was a good game. Double OT, both teams had their chances.

Weird being on the other end of Melo's fire and ice show. His 3 quarters of bricks nearly gave it away for NY. Then his heroics kept NY in it and got them into OT. Then Denver covered him with 3 men, Melo still didn't pass and NY lost.

Groundhog Day.

Ronaldo
01-22-2012, 08:56 AM
I haven't watched much NBA yet this season but caught Denver at NY tonight. Pretty compelling story (first time visiting Melo after the trade) and, even though NY sucks this year, it was a good game. Double OT, both teams had their chances.

Weird being on the other end of Melo's fire and ice show. His 3 quarters of bricks nearly gave it away for NY. Then his heroics kept NY in it and got them into OT. Then Denver covered him with 3 men, Melo still didn't pass and NY lost.

Groundhog Day.

Melo is the new AI, a black hole, pass the ball to him and never see it again. The Knicks stand around watching Melo shoot. Let Melo be the point guard, it's his show.

volleygirl
01-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Melo is the new AI, a black hole, pass the ball to him and never see it again. The Knicks stand around watching Melo shoot. Let Melo be the point guard, it's his show.

Yea, Denver got the better end of this trade. Denvers record since dropping Carmelo is great where the Knicks have a losing record with the guy. NY always wants the big name and Melos a big name but not an elite player.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Melo is not the new AI. With AI, you knew what you were going to get on a consistent basis. Melo, not so much.

AI was able to break everyone's defense by getting into the paint. He then either created for himself, or someone else (on rare occasions) for an easy bucket. I think Melo shoots too many jumpers.

Ronaldo
01-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Melo is not the new AI. With AI, you knew what you were going to get on a consistent basis. Melo, not so much.

AI was able to break everyone's defense by getting into the paint. He then either created for himself, or someone else (on rare occasions) for an easy bucket. I think Melo shoots too many jumpers.

He does stop the offense cold. Miss the Answer

ChuDat
01-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Damn Bargnani beasts in his return game then in his 2nd game after his return, then has to go and get injured again.

soyizgood
01-26-2012, 08:07 PM
HOW did the Celtics rally to beat Orlando? It was 68-47 Orlando last I checked.

soyizgood
01-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Who wants to hand out 1st quarter report cards for the teams?

Western Conference
Thunder A (living up to the hype)
Nuggets B+ (Melo who?)
Spurs B (not entirely dead.. yet)
Clippers C+ (1-4 on the road not a good sign)
Jazz B- (quietly holding their own, but not sure they can keep it up)
Grizzlies C (expected more from them)
Trailblazers C+ (talented team, but never has the pieces all together)
Lakers D (showtime has become SLOOOWtime with their lineup, Brown's coaching, slow-footed Fisher, and Kobe's ball-hogging)
Mavericks D (so this team is better than last year's, Mark Cuban? Kidd has shown his age, no real penetration, Odom is AWOL, and they're just as slow as the Lakers)
Rockets C (always looking from the outside when it comes to the playoffs, so doing no better and no worse than expected)
Timberwolves C (Love got his money, but still doesn't block shots nor stop folks. Rubio has his moments. Beasley is useless and supporting cast is ho-hum)
Suns C-/D+ (just trade Nash. Brown sucks if he can't take the starting spot from over-the-hill Hill. Not a good mix of players)
Warriors D- (many expected them to contend for the playoffs. Another year in the lottery, it seems)
Kings D- (Thornton's only hitting 40% from the field, offense and defense both M.I.A., and are just roadkill)
Hornets F (trade your best player and probably lost 50% of the team value, Gordon's only played two games so far, they struggle to get fans to attend. Good luck finding a buyer for this sad sad organization)

westside
01-26-2012, 08:13 PM
HOW did the Celtics rally to beat Orlando? It was 68-47 Orlando last I checked.

Pierce played damn well in the final quarter. The Celtic rookie E'Twaun Moore hit 4/4 from beyond the Arc as well.

The main problem was the Orlando didn't give the ball to Howard enough in the final quarter. He was 6/12 tonight but I don't recall him touching the ball often towards the end. Turk, Richardson and Nelson were taking the shots.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Definitely baffled by the fact that the Memphis Grizzlies are rocking the ugliest special "away" jerseys ever, but their warm-up cardigans look fantastic!!!

jamesblakefan#1
01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
@soy: Doesn't slow basketball win out in the playoffs? I'm not writing off LA or Dallas yet, though Dallas isn't likely to repeat. I still think LA has a punchers chance of making it through the West.

Ronaldo
01-27-2012, 01:52 AM
@soy: Doesn't slow basketball win out in the playoffs? I'm not writing off LA or Dallas yet, though Dallas isn't likely to repeat. I still think LA has a punchers chance of making it through the West.

Barkley's comments on the Lakers being older and slower sure look prescient now.

hollywood9826
01-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Pierce played damn well in the final quarter. The Celtic rookie E'Twaun Moore hit 4/4 from beyond the Arc as well.

The main problem was the Orlando didn't give the ball to Howard enough in the final quarter. He was 6/12 tonight but I don't recall him touching the ball often towards the end. Turk, Richardson and Nelson were taking the shots.

You cant give Howard the ball late in games. His free throw shooting is so bad every time he touches it they will just fould stop the clock and he will more than likely miss at least one FT. Especially during one and one situations. If Howard can ever shoot at a 70% or above clip from the stripe he will get way more easy looks at the basket and you would see his scoring go up by probably about 3pts a game.

jamesblakefan#1
01-27-2012, 06:12 AM
You cant give Howard the ball late in games. His free throw shooting is so bad every time he touches it they will just fould stop the clock and he will more than likely miss at least one FT. Especially during one and one situations. If Howard can ever shoot at a 70% or above clip from the stripe he will get way more easy looks at the basket and you would see his scoring go up by probably about 3pts a game.

One and one is college only, NBA is always 2 FTs.

Ronaldo
01-27-2012, 07:45 AM

Bring back three to make two. Four to make two to enforce anti-hacking.

hollywood9826
01-27-2012, 08:05 AM

I will now re-edit my post so I dont seem like such a clown :)

They need to do the one and one thing. Maybe then people will start to make more free throws and we might even see someone go to Granny shots like Barry suggested for Shaq :)

hollywood9826
01-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Bring back three to make two. Four to make two to enforce anti-hacking.

You what would enforce anti-hacking?

Make 70% or more from the stripe :)

Ronaldo
01-27-2012, 12:00 PM

Shirley you cannot be serious!

soyizgood
01-27-2012, 12:02 PM

Mavs are toast. They got slower, lost a decent scorer, a solid post defender, and their lone havoc-creating play maker. All they got for that is a slumping headcase in Odom. Kidd is really showing his age, Dirk is getting more dinged up, and Vince Carter is way washed up. No way this team does anything in the playoffs barring a trade to get Deron or Dwight.

Lakers just have a not-so-good team put together. They can't penetrate without Kobe initiating. They don't get fast breaks as Fisher is just too dam slow to pus the ball up. They're last in 3-pt shooting. Gasol is too unselfish to get his, while Bynum somehow feel's he's in D-Howard's league. They lost Odom for a useless trade exception. No decent young player on the team. Of course coach Brown enjoys coaching 90-88 contests a bit too much.

volleygirl
01-27-2012, 12:13 PM

Exactly. They dont need rule changes to stop the intentional hacking. Just mke the stinking freet throws and it will stop. How many players in the league over the last decade have had this done to them? Only Shaq and Howard really and they are the two guys who chip paint off the rim on their free throws so its obviously not an epedemic throughout the league. Practice free throws in your off season instead of worrying about who should get labeled Superman and maybe your pct would increase.

djNEiGht
01-27-2012, 12:21 PM
You could add deandre jordon to that hack list...it's not air jordon...it's fail jordon at the free throw line

soyizgood
01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Eastern Conference
Bulls A- (moving along, though the lack of a reliable 2nd scorer might haunt them. Have no faith in Boozer, Deng, or Rip to step up)
Heat B+ (Wade's been hurt, but team is about where they expected. Chalmers is capable of chipping in. Still rests in the hands of 2 and a half men.)
Pacers A- (is this team really growing up? solid start out the gate)
76ers B+ (same as Pacers. Team is playing great defense, trashing unprepared teams, and getting Philly fans excited again)
Hawks B (would grade them higher, but seen the Hawks fall down to earth all too many times. Good, but not great)
Magic B (would grade them higher, but B+ and above teams don't blow 27 point leads. Might Dwight stay?)
Celtics C- (this team is old, riddled with injuries and fat contracts, no real leadership)
Cavaliers C+ (certainly not elite, but Irving is showing he can be the real deal.)
Bucks C (injuries as usual. Trailblazers of the East.)
Knicks D-- (they're actually playing some form of defense. Too bad they have no real offense other than Melo being a black hole with the ball.)
Nets D (Lopez is hurt, but other than Brooks there's nothing to be so high about. Deron wants out.)
Raptors D (Even when Bargnani plays, this team sucks. They're up in Canada, so most folks don't pay attention to them anyway.)
Pistons/Wizards/Bobcats F (I personally haven't kept up with the Bobcats and Wizards. Pistons are just BAD. Can we just contract or at least relegate those teams?)

jamesblakefan#1
01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Might Dwight stay?

No chance. None.

(I personally haven't kept up with the Bobcats and Wizards.

The Wizards might be the worst team in NBA history. Seriously. John Wall has regressed, Balche, McGee, and Young are the three stooges of the NBA. It's comedy hour out there. They better bring in some good players or else Wall is bolting ala Lebron once his contract's up. It's great to hear Tony Kornheiser rip them on his radio show after every loss, so I guess they do provide entertainment in that aspect. Still have no idea how they managed to beat OKC.

ChuDat
01-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Eastern Conference
Bulls A- (moving along, though the lack of a reliable 2nd scorer might haunt them. Have no faith in Boozer, Deng, or Rip to step up)
Heat B+ (Wade's been hurt, but team is about where they expected. Chalmers is capable of chipping in. Still rests in the hands of 2 and a half men.)
Pacers A- (is this team really growing up? solid start out the gate)
76ers B+ (same as Pacers. Team is playing great defense, trashing unprepared teams, and getting Philly fans excited again)
Hawks B (would grade them higher, but seen the Hawks fall down to eather all too many times. Good, but not great)
Magic B (would grade them higher, but B+ and above teams don't blow 27 point leads. Might Dwight stay?)
Celtics C- (this team is old, riddled with injuries and fat contracts, no real leadership)
Cavaliers C+ (certainly not elite, but Irving is showing he can be the real deal.)
Bucks C (injuries as usual. Trailblazers of the East.)
Knicks D-- (they're actually playing some form of defense. Too bad they have no real offense other than Melo being a black hole for the ball.)
Nets D (Lopez is hurt, but other than Brooks there's nothing to be so high about. Deron wants out.)
Raptors D (Even when Bargnani plays, this team sucks. They're up in Canada, so most folks don't pay attention to them anyway.)Pistons/Wizards/Bobcats F (I personally haven't kept up with the Bobcats and Wizards. Pistons are just BAD. Can we just contract or at least relegate those teams?)

I pay attention to the Raptors, since I'm from Toronto and Barg is on my fantasy team(for now). But you're right I'm sure basketball is watched by less than 5% of the people in Canada, the other 95% probably watch hockey.

btw Barg's comeback on tuesday gave them a win, then another on wednesday, too bad he injured himself again.

soyizgood
01-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Heat scraped by the Bulls. Might be a preview of the Eastern Conference Finals.

jamesblakefan#1
01-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Heat scraped by the Bulls. Might be a preview of the Eastern Conference Finals.

Definitely. No one in the East can beat either team best of 7. Maybe Atlanta has a slim shot against either, but I still think they shrink in the playoffs.

No Deng was big, but Rose choking at the end stunk. That and the refs losing their brains.

EndLy
01-30-2012, 09:11 AM
I see the East being the same matchup in the final. as far as the west, I'll pencil in OKC in the final. I have no idea who the other team is going to be. It will be very interesting to see when the trade deadline comes around, who is going to make the big move. Probably going to be the lakers.

soyizgood
01-30-2012, 09:32 AM
I see the East being the same matchup in the final. as far as the west, I'll pencil in OKC in the final. I have no idea who the other team is going to be. It will be very interesting to see when the trade deadline comes around, who is going to make the big move. Probably going to be the lakers.

Lakers need a PG badly. But it's going to cost them Bynum or Gasol. Maybe they'll go for Deron Williams.

jamesblakefan#1
01-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Lakers need a PG badly. But it's going to cost them Bynum or Gasol. Maybe they'll go for Deron Williams.

No love for Agent Zero?

soyizgood
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
No love for Agent Zero?

Absolutely ZERO love for Agent Zero. They already have bum knees in Bynum.

jamesblakefan#1
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Gordon Hayward 0 for 8, -10 points for my fantasy team through 1 half. Luckily he's on the bench.

volleygirl
01-31-2012, 06:25 AM
Anyone watch the Clippers,Thunder game last night? The spectacular plays just never stopped as Kevin Durnant did his thing and Deandre Jordan was doing ungodly dunks and blocked shots but the play of the year was the Blake Griffin dunk that was the ultimate posterization over kendrick Perkins. It was the best LIVE dunk I have seen in at least a decade.

soyizgood
01-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Dwight Howard is just whining in trying to get out. At least Carmelo never publicly stated he wanted to get traded. Teams will be thinking long and hard if they want to spend mucho bucks on a guy that rants on a team when things go wrong.

volleygirl
01-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Dwight Howard is just whining in trying to get out. At least Carmelo never publicly stated he wanted to get traded. Teams will be thinking long and hard if they want to spend mucho bucks on a guy that rants on a team when things go wrong.

Carmelo was no angel though. He was whining in the locker room and playing half *** to the point where his team mates couldnt wait for him to leave. Looks like they miss him like the miss a headache with how well they are playing without him.

hollywood9826
01-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Thats what stars do now a days when they stop winning they whine about it. Kobe was as bad as anyone, then Stern who knew the NBA would lose serious cash if Kobe wasnt on the Lakers made chris wallace trade Pau Gasol for 10 cents on the dollar. They won some titles and he stopped whining.

LeBron didnt whine but he left town at the first chance he got. CP3 started last year and he finally got dealt. Its the wat the league works. If CP3 was on the knicks and complaining and demanding trades it would not have been long before D.Howard got traded for a overpaid bumbs and it would get passed off as a Salary dump.

volleygirl
01-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Thats what stars do now a days when they stop winning they whine about it. Kobe was as bad as anyone, then Stern who knew the NBA would lose serious cash if Kobe wasnt on the Lakers made chris wallace trade Pau Gasol for 10 cents on the dollar. They won some titles and he stopped whining.

LeBron didnt whine but he left town at the first chance he got. CP3 started last year and he finally got dealt. Its the wat the league works. If CP3 was on the knicks and complaining and demanding trades it would not have been long before D.Howard got traded for a overpaid bumbs and it would get passed off as a Salary dump.

I still cant believe the owners agreed to the new CBA without a "franchise tag" like the NFL has. Within a week of the lockout being over, the Chris Paul stuff started and all the small market teams are going to be screwed with all the "stars" thinking they are above playing in their markets. The leagues gonna be in big trouble in a few years if the stars are all on 5 or 6 teams and the rest of the teams are minor league squads like Toronto and Cleveland are now.

jamesblakefan#1
01-31-2012, 07:35 AM

Let's not act like this is some new phenomenon, Barkley did the same when he got traded from Philly to Phoenix, and then again from Phoenix to Houston to play with one of the first "Big 3s" w/ Hakeem and Drexler.

hollywood9826
01-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Alot of these young heads around wont remember the Barkley stuff.

I think Wilt was also like this. Or he was just such an A-Hole to be around that he got traded two different times.

Somebody that should be whining and complaining to be in a better situation is steve nash. Phoenix is terrible and a guy like that deserves to be on a team that is gonna compete. And Phoenix is not close and will not be close anytime soon.

jamesblakefan#1
01-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Alot of these young heads around wont remember the Barkley stuff.

I think Wilt was also like this. Or he was just such an A-Hole to be around that he got traded two different times.

Somebody that should be whining and complaining to be in a better situation is steve nash. Phoenix is terrible and a guy like that deserves to be on a team that is gonna compete. And Phoenix is not close and will not be close anytime soon.

Apparently the Suns want to keep Nash.
http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2012/1/30/2758367/steve-nash-trade-rumors-nba-phoenix-suns

tennismonkey
01-31-2012, 10:45 AM
i feel bad for nash. how many years can he possibly have left? he's going to finish out his career on a terrible team.

blake's dunk last night was disgusting. i think it's funnier kendrick perkins reaction. he knows he's going to be watched a billion times on youtube.

jamesblakefan#1
01-31-2012, 11:15 AM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417322_10151225504075072_436749055071_22825731_119 0836971_n.jpg

hollywood9826
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I finally saw the dunk.

It was sick, and the sole reson most guys dont try to defend dunks anymore. Ill give perkins credit for trying, but in that position its hopeless. Any offensive guy with a running start will have an advantage over the guy coming from the help side.

Add that Blake somehow is 100 times more explosive than I remember him in college and its a recipe for disater if you are a defender.

Ronaldo
02-01-2012, 09:10 AM
I finally saw the dunk.

It was sick, and the sole reson most guys dont try to defend dunks anymore. Ill give perkins credit for trying, but in that position its hopeless. Any offensive guy with a running start will have an advantage over the guy coming from the help side.

Add that Blake somehow is 100 times more explosive than I remember him in college and its a recipe for disater if you are a defender.

Looks like DHoward's all-star dunk but defended.

tennismonkey
02-01-2012, 09:32 AM
in slow-mo you can see that blake really had to extend his arm just to get to the basket. and he was off by a centimeter or two but just manhandled it into the hoop anyway. i've watched six clippers games this year so far. that's roughly six more than i have ever watched in my life.

blake and cp3 are must watch tv.
d rose is must watch tv.
bron and wade are must watch tv.
ricky rubio and love are must watch tv.

soyizgood
02-02-2012, 07:04 AM
The 76ers trashed the Bulls. I thought Iguodala was going to be traded going into the year. He was having a ball dunking, passing, and making the Bulls look silly. Not sure they have all the things to scare the Big 2 in the East, but I'm sure the Heat and the Bulls won't be overlooking them.

Ronaldo
02-02-2012, 07:26 AM
The 76ers trashed the Bulls. I thought Iguodala was going to be traded going into the year. He was having a ball dunking, passing, and making the Bulls look silly. Not sure they have all the things to scare the Big 2 in the East, but I'm sure the Heat and the Bulls won't be overlooking them.

NBATV's Greg Anthony compared the 76ers to the 2004-05 Pistons with no All-Stars but multiple players capable of carrying the team on any night. However, the 76ers are built from within with draft picks.

Ronaldo
02-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Who is Jeremy Lin and how did he diss the Lakers for 38?

LeeD
02-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Only 38?
Kobe doesn't take him seriously, as neither does anyone else. JLim had 10 points in the first 7 minutes.

anhuynh16
02-10-2012, 07:23 PM
#linsanity

westside
02-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Linspirational stuff there.

Lin v Rubio tomorrow. Looking forward to this one.

hollywood9826
02-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Lin had a crappy first half, the gave him the overrated chant.

Hes gonna get the Rubio/Rondo treatment soon. Defenders will back off 6ft and not give him the option of penetrating the paint. He hasnt shown his ability to shoot well enough yet. He has a herky/Jerky dribbling style sorta like Nash. But Nash can drain the outside shot which makes the defenders respect him. If Lin can do that he will have a future in the league, If not ther wont be Linsanity much longer.

Also anyone can beat Fisher to rim nowadays adn kobe is jackin up so many shots that team does not even care about playing hard.

Ronaldo
02-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Lin had a crappy first half, the gave him the overrated chant.

Hes gonna get the Rubio/Rondo treatment soon. Defenders will back off 6ft and not give him the option of penetrating the paint. He hasnt shown his ability to shoot well enough yet. He has a herky/Jerky dribbling style sorta like Nash. But Nash can drain the outside shot which makes the defenders respect him. If Lin can do that he will have a future in the league, If not ther wont be Linsanity much longer.

Also anyone can beat Fisher to rim nowadays adn kobe is jackin up so many shots that team does not even care about playing hard.

Hope Lin don't fall in love with the outside shot like Vinsanity.

Feņa14
02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Being a big hockey fan, there was a nice piece on HBO 24/7 before the winter classic a few years ago. It can be applied to all sports really, watching Lin these last few weeks reminded me of it.

"Those who know the sport best will tell you hockey has a certain rhythm to it. Every shift, every game, and every season is inevitably packed with ebs and flows. Teams are never as bad as they appear during their lowest points, and never as good as they seem during their highest ones. The very best clubs then must be not just talented, but resilient. Not just hungry, but focused. Their sport demands it."

Lin probably isn't as great as he seems to be, but he's certainly a good player who has the attributes to carve himself a very good career. If he dips, it doesn't mean he's a bad player, just as his great play now doesn't mean he's a future Hall of Famer.

hollywood9826
02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Hope Lin don't fall in love with the outside shot like Vinsanity.

I dont think we will see that with Lin. He appears to have a little more brains on him than Vince Carter.

plus Vince had other world athletic abilities in comaprison to just about anyone to fall back on. Lin will have no choide but use his brain.

Ronaldo
02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
I dont think we will see that with Lin. He appears to have a little more brains on him than Vince Carter.

plus Vince had other world athletic abilities in comaprison to just about anyone to fall back on. Lin will have no choide but use his brain.

Hard to think in that thin air.

T1000
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIW4WyVLa9g

awesome watching these 2 young pgs play each other
2:50, dat crossover stepback is sick

soyizgood
02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Lin poured on the points... and turnovers in their latest win.

LeeD
02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Turnovers ok if it's from passing to your teammates. They know you're trying to give them the ball.
Turnovers while hogging the ball and playing one vs 5 is not so great.

Ronaldo
02-14-2012, 07:06 PM
If Lin can finish the season like this the NBA may change the logo.

jamesblakefan#1
02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Lin will be a solid pro, but anyone that thinks he will keep this up is foolish.

soyizgood
02-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Lin will be a solid pro, but anyone that thinks he will keep this up is foolish.

Carmelo will return and kill the team's hope and rhythm. If he's not holding the ball for 10 seconds each possession, he'll really whine.

jamesblakefan#1
02-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Carmelo will return and kill the team's hope and rhythm. If he's not holding the ball for 10 seconds each possession, he'll really whine.

Please, don't blame Melo if Lin falls off, this sorta thing just isn't sustainable. But, like I said, he will be a solid pro and I wouldn't be surprised if he managed 6+ assists a game after Melo comes back. But his scoring will take a hit, a guy as good as Melo has to take the shots that Lin is taking (and missing sometimes) now.

soyizgood
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Bobcats should be contracted. 3-26 now. Ewwww.

T1000
02-17-2012, 03:49 AM
From one of the worst backcourts and benches to one of the deepest and best, welcome to New York JR!

volleygirl
02-17-2012, 05:17 AM
From one of the worst backcourts and benches to one of the deepest and best, welcome to New York JR!

The Knicks are rolling and 2 cancers are gonna join the team and tear down all theyve done. JR Smith and Carmello play zero defense and both have shot selections that World B Free thinks are questionable.

Andres
02-17-2012, 06:25 AM
The Knicks are rolling and 2 cancers are gonna join the team and tear down all theyve done. JR Smith and Carmello play zero defense and both have shot selections that World B Free thinks are questionable.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

T1000
02-17-2012, 07:52 AM

Lin runs the offense and is a scoring threat
Fields and Shumpert play good D and add some points
Melo scores
Amare scores and grabs boards
Chandler plays solid D and rebounds

JR comes off the bench as a 6th man scoring threat, easily adds 10-15 a game, could also start and fit in D'Antoni's fast paced offense
Novak is another scoring threat off the bench
Davis comes back and is a solid backup to Lin
Harrelson and Jefferies are solid defensive players down low
And that leaves one more spot for Walker, Balkman will probably be cut and I don't see douglas or bibby making the team since both can only play pg and jordan hasn't shown he can play in the nba

Yea I'm pretty happy with this team, talk all the crap you want about melo and smith but both are big time scorers who will put up big numbers for us

volleygirl
02-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Lin runs the offense and is a scoring threat
Fields and Shumpert play good D and add some points
Melo scores
Amare scores and grabs boards
Chandler plays solid D and rebounds

JR comes off the bench as a 6th man scoring threat, easily adds 10-15 a game, could also start and fit in D'Antoni's fast paced offense
Novak is another scoring threat off the bench
Davis comes back and is a solid backup to Lin
Harrelson and Jefferies are solid defensive players down low
And that leaves one more spot for Walker, Balkman will probably be cut and I don't see douglas or bibby making the team since both can only play pg and jordan hasn't shown he can play in the nba

Yea I'm pretty happy with this team, talk all the crap you want about melo and smith but both are big time scorers who will put up big numbers for us

Yep, they will do exactly the same as they did for Denver and the Nuggets couldnt be happier to have gotten rid of both of them. They are talents but also cancers.

jamesblakefan#1
02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
LA's up by an NFL score on Portland - 35-7. Ouch.

soyizgood
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Lakers lost to the Suns. Eeek. Kobe tried being Superman and made 10 TO's in the process. He's venting at Laker management, especially over this talk of trading Gasol. More drama in La-la land.

OOPS that was on Sunday. Thanks Yahoo!

jamesblakefan#1
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Lakers lost to the Suns. Eeek. Kobe tried being Superman and made 10 TO's in the process. He's venting at Laker management, especially over this talk of trading Gasol. More drama in La-la land.

Scoreboard

Disgruntled Worker
02-20-2012, 08:09 PM
The Knicks will be fine. If nothing else, Carmelo is a great teammate who's more than willing to defer to other players if need be. He cannot dominate the ball, however. They'll have to focus on using a dynamic, run-and-gun style offense, with a heavy emphasis on pick-and-roll. No more giving the ball to Melo and waiting 15-20 seconds for him to make his move...

volleygirl
02-21-2012, 06:34 AM
The Knicks will be fine. If nothing else, Carmelo is a great teammate who's more than willing to defer to other players if need be. He cannot dominate the ball, however. They'll have to focus on using a dynamic, run-and-gun style offense, with a heavy emphasis on pick-and-roll. No more giving the ball to Melo and waiting 15-20 seconds for him to make his move...

Great teammate? Are you his agent because no one else would actually say that. Denvers players couldnt wait for him to be gone and havent missed him one bit.

Disgruntled Worker
02-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Great teammate? Are you his agent because no one else would actually say that. Denvers players couldnt wait for him to be gone and havent missed him one bit.

Do you know how much money his agent makes? I would KILL to represent a big-time talent like him. I am not a fan of Melo. But I respect him as player and I think in the right system (for example, the 2007 FIBA Championship Team) he can be an absolute monster offensively. His biggest weakness is defense obviously. But he's playing for Mike D'Antoni so who cares!

volleygirl
02-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Do you know how much money his agent makes? I would KILL to represent a big-time talent like him. I am not a fan of Melo. But I respect him as player and I think in the right system (for example, the 2007 FIBA Championship Team) he can be an absolute monster offensively. His biggest weakness is defense obviously. But he's playing for Mike D'Antoni so who cares!

Since D was a huge part of their turnaround, his teammates may care if they go on another losing streak of 11 of 13 games like they had before he got hurt and they started winning.

SStrikerR
02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
103-65 after 3 quarters, trail blazers are beating up on the spurs. What the heck is this...

jamesblakefan#1
02-21-2012, 08:15 PM
103-65 after 3 quarters, trail blazers are beating up on the spurs. What the heck is this...

Parker, Duncan and Ginobili aren't playing. Spurs' B-Team is out there.

T1000
02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Since D was a huge part of their turnaround, his teammates may care if they go on another losing streak of 11 of 13 games like they had before he got hurt and they started winning.

LOL you don't know anything about basketball. Melo wasn't the reason they were losing. He had to play point foward, something he's not good at. They finally have a pg now so melo can play his usual role. It's obvious you just hate Melo and haven't watched a game.

volleygirl
02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
LOL you don't know anything about basketball. Melo wasn't the reason they were losing. He had to play point foward, something he's not good at. They finally have a pg now so melo can play his usual role. It's obvious you just hate Melo and haven't watched a game.

Oh ok. is that why Denvers better off without him? Youre a homer so you couldnt see that hes not good for the team if they immediately went on another losing stretch of 11 of 13 so no reason to respond to anything else you write.

jamesblakefan#1
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Oh ok. is that why Denvers better off without him?

Youre a homer so you couldnt see that hes not good for the team if they immediately went on another losing stretch of 11 of 13 so no reason to respond to anything else you write.

Denver got good players in return for him (Felton, Gallinari, Chandler). You're acting like Melo sucks. He's one of the top 10 players in the league. T1000's right in that Melo was being asked to fill a role that wasn't comfortable for him. Now with Lin he can go back to being the player he should be. Barkley called him the best offensive player in the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcprkEh_dE

But yeah, Melo sucks and the Knicks should trade him ASAP. LINSANITY!

volleygirl
02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Denver got good players in return for him (Felton, Gallinari, Chandler). You're acting like Melo sucks. He's one of the top 10 players in the league. T1000's right in that Melo was being asked to fill a role that wasn't comfortable for him. Now with Lin he can go back to being the player he should be. Barkley called him the best offensive player in the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUcprkEh_dE

But yeah, Melo sucks and the Knicks should trade him ASAP. LINSANITY!

I never said he sucks, but his skills are not really suited to team basketball. He plays NO defense and hes an isolation type offensive player so if you want to just give him the ball and have the rest of your team stand around and watch, then hes your guy. 1 on 1 hes a stud but with 5 on 5, hes a clog. Do you think the Knicks wish they hadnt made that trade for Melo now or you a dreamer who thinks hes gonna turn the team into a contender?

T1000
02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
The same Melo who turned the Nuggets around from 17-65 to 43-39 and a playoff team in his rookie season? And in his second year got them to 49-33 and the 7th seed instead of the 8th? 44-38 record and the 3rd seed in his third year? 6th seed in his 4th year? 50 wins (only the 3rd time in nuggets history) and the 8th seed in a stacked western conference in his 5th year? Took the Nuggets to the Western Conference finals only to lose the the Lakers who would win it all in his 6th year? And in his last full year got the Nuggets to the playoffs for the 7th straight year where before he joined the team they had the worst record in the league? The guy who kept the series against the Celtics last year competitive instead of the Knicks getting blownout all four games?

LOL please go and learn some basketball. Melo turned the Nuggets franchise around and is helping the Knicks. Melo isn't even close to being my favorite player and I'm a Knicks fan, never liked the Nuggets. You hate Melo for no reason and don't watch basketball. Obviously you're just a troll so I'm done respond to your pathetic posts with logic.

volleygirl
02-22-2012, 12:11 PM
The same Melo who turned the Nuggets around from 17-65 to 43-39 and a playoff team in his rookie season? And in his second year got them to 49-33 and the 7th seed instead of the 8th? 44-38 record and the 3rd seed in his third year? 6th seed in his 4th year? 50 wins (only the 3rd time in nuggets history) and the 8th seed in a stacked western conference in his 5th year? Took the Nuggets to the Western Conference finals only to lose the the Lakers who would win it all in his 6th year? And in his last full year got the Nuggets to the playoffs for the 7th straight year where before he joined the team they had the worst record in the league? The guy who kept the series against the Celtics last year competitive instead of the Knicks getting blownout all four games?

LOL please go and learn some basketball. Melo turned the Nuggets franchise around and is helping the Knicks. Melo isn't even close to being my favorite player and I'm a Knicks fan, never liked the Nuggets. You hate Melo for no reason and don't watch basketball. Obviously you're just a troll so I'm done respond to your pathetic posts with logic.

Dont know basketball and dont watch huh? Would you say that someone who played 4 years in college doesnt know basketball? I have played and watched more than you I can almost guarantee that.

T1000
02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Dont know basketball and dont watch huh? Would you say that someone who played 4 years in college doesnt know basketball? I have played and watched more than you I can almost guarantee that.

I love the part where you show Melo's a cancer to every team despite the fact he turned around the worst team in the league into a playoff team for all 7 years he was with the team, oh wait.....

volleygirl
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I love the part where you show Melo's a cancer to every team despite the fact he turned around the worst team in the league into a playoff team for all 7 years he was with the team, oh wait.....

Not a cancer to every team, just teams that have any hope of winning an NBA title. Hes more interested in his shots than playing defense and passing and you know it. Hes World B Free but 5 inches taller

volleygirl
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Just so you know I am not saying Carmelo isnt a supremely talented offensive player, I think hes as likely to put up 40 points in a game as easy as anyone outside of Kevin Durant. I just think the rest of his game isnt the stuff that goes into making a championship team.

Dilettante
02-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Wow, what a buzzer shot by Luke Ridnour for Minnesota.

Amazing.

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Just so you know I am not saying Carmelo isnt a supremely talented offensive player, I think hes as likely to put up 40 points in a game as easy as anyone outside of Kevin Durant. I just think the rest of his game isnt the stuff that goes into making a championship team.

I agree completely. I think he's too reliant on his jumper though.

Dilettante
02-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Barkley called him the best offensive player in the NBA.

Above Kobe?

PS: Ridnour's buzzer beater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtfgsd0haA

jamesblakefan#1
02-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Above Kobe?

PS: Ridnour's buzzer beater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtfgsd0haA

Once more for posterity - "He's the best scorer in the league."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuZ-o0i2vJo&feature=related

hollywood9826
02-23-2012, 03:56 AM
I agree with Barkley on Melo, the guy can create shots out of nowhere as well as anyone. Its the main reason he is the most sucessful late game scorer since he entered the league and has the highest succes rate on last 10 second win or tie shots..

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-23-2012, 05:04 PM
J.R. Smith... PASS the ball!

soyizgood
02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Lin got exposed and embarrassed. Knicks are going to have problems integrating their roster.

hollywood9826
02-24-2012, 03:42 AM
You cant do it overnight. The Heat are also the best defensive team in the league. The heat played about well as a team game that Ive ever seen.

Chalmers wemt into that game saying "I'm not worried about scoring or rebounding or anything. Im just gonna be in Lin's mug the whole night."

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-26-2012, 03:58 PM
-.-

3minutes into the 1st quarter of the all-star game, and LeBron James already has a better dunk than the entire slam dunk contest...

jamesblakefan#1
02-26-2012, 05:59 PM
This one's for Lebron

http://i.iflip.im/lb6.jpg

djNEiGht
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
^this
and
^^this

djNEiGht
02-26-2012, 09:28 PM
then again the turn over in the 4th negated his presence in the 4th

Dilettante
02-27-2012, 02:47 PM
At first when they compared ricky Rubio to Maravich because the looks I was like "nahh". Also, they're very different kind of players and Pistol Pete was a natural scorer. But some stuff Rubio does is Maravich-esque.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsaeD6eh6ak

Although Irving's 100% in eight 3-point shoots was very Maravich-esque too.

Feņa14
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Great to see Deng at the All-Star game. Hopefully he'll make us look semi respectable in the Olympics!

CCNM
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm surprised that they had an All-Star game, given the fact that it's a strike-shortened season. I wonder if Jeremy Lin is going to be more than an overnight sensation.....

LeeD
02-27-2012, 03:59 PM
You know, everyone's saying the Heat shut down Jeremy, so J is not and will not ever be a star.
The Heat shut down MontaEllis, maybe not a star, but a serviceable player. The Heat also shut down every point and 2 guard in the league! At least once anyways. Doesn't mean every guard in the league is not a star.
Jeremy will find his own level. It might be 14 and 8 with 6 TO's, but that would put him solidly as a bonafide NBA guard.

jamesblakefan#1
02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
You know, everyone's saying the Heat shut down Jeremy, so J is not and will not ever be a star.
The Heat shut down MontaEllis, maybe not a star, but a serviceable player. The Heat also shut down every point and 2 guard in the league! At least once anyways. Doesn't mean every guard in the league is not a star.
Jeremy will find his own level. It might be 14 and 8 with 6 TO's, but that would put him solidly as a bonafide NBA guard.

If he averages 6 turnovers a game he won't be a starter long term. Though I doubt he'll average that much, he's already shown he can cut down on the TOs when needed to. The guy with the most turnovers per game was 3.9. Some guy named Magic. His career didn't really amount to much.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1073523-jeremy-lin-and-the-most-turnover-prone-stars-in-nba-history/page/11

Some other scrubs (Isiah, Pete, Allen, Dwayne) on that list as well.

LeeD
02-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Did ANYONE ever called Jeremy a potential superstar?
I think most thought he'd be a low level NBA bench warmer. 14, 8, and 6 puts him into serviceable starter in anyone's league, except the top 6 playoff teams.
6 TO's a game is nothing IF you get the teammates involved and happy. It's nothing at all if you can win more than you lose. It's huge if your teammates are not interested and you lose.

hollywood9826
02-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Kobe got concussed during the ASG. Maybe he will have to sit out a few games and eat pints of Ben&Jerry's Taste the Lin-sanity Ice Cream.

Ronaldo
02-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Great week, NBA League Pass is free until 3/5

T1000
02-29-2012, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the update bro! Stuck in college in Philly with no cable so its crappy streams for me all the time lol

Ronaldo
02-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Streams here until this week.

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Did ANYONE ever called Jeremy a potential superstar?
I think most thought he'd be a low level NBA bench warmer. 14, 8, and 6 puts him into serviceable starter in anyone's league, except the top 6 playoff teams.
6 TO's a game is nothing IF you get the teammates involved and happy. It's nothing at all if you can win more than you lose. It's huge if your teammates are not interested and you lose.

6 TO's is a lot. I think the team played a good game and handled the ball if the team has 6 TO. But if ONE person has 6 TO's by himself, that's an extra 8 - 12 points for the other team. Not to mention the lack of possessions.

LeeD
02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Since average TO's per game seem around 12-15, 6 alone by the point guard, who's trying to dish assists and keep his teammates happy (he seems successful at that), is an acceptable figure.
If his teammates are NOT happy, are concerned with his passes, then it's a problem.
Somebody quoted Magic only averaged somethng like "3.9" turnovers a game. We are not comparing JmL to Magic, are we?

Feņa14
02-29-2012, 01:07 PM

How did you activate that?

I'm not sure if it's because i'm not in the USA, but I don't seem to be able to get it.