PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Market : Buy, Sell or Hold

OddJack
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Well, tennis channel has one why not us?

Last night Davenport bought Raonic and Hold Ferrer. She thought Raonic will go up into top 20 and Ferrer stays at his Ranking.

Sooo, here is mine:

ATP:

Sell: Fish, he will fall off top 10

Hold: Tsonga, firm at his spot, likely takes over Ferrer

Buy: Nishikori, Comes into top 15

WTA:

Sell: Serena Falls off top 20

Hold: Radwanska, firm inside top 10, may even take over Zeva

Buy: Georges, rise into top 15

One player only for each, will revisit next year!

OTMPut
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I am long Fed, Tsonga, Murray.
I am short Nadal, JMDP, Monfils, Soderling, Fish and Roddick.
I am leveraged short on Djoker. I know a bubble when i see one.

bullfan
12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Buy...... Murray, Tsonga, JMDP, Raonic
Hold..... Nadal, Fed, Ferrer, Monfils, Berdych
Sell...... Djoker (it's just too hard to repeat), Roddick, Soderling, Fish

Devilito
12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
buy Fed because i think he'll have a better year than Nadal and Murray

Hold Nadal and Murray because i dont see anyone outside the top 5 being any real threat to them over the course of an entire year

you have to sell Djokovic because to hold him you'd have to expect his 2012 to be at least as good as his 2011

kishnabe
12-19-2011, 07:16 PM
ATP:

Sell: Nadal lack of passion drops him out of top 3, Djokovic can't repeat inhuman effort, Ferrer will go out to top 20. Mardy Fish drops into the top 15.

Hold: Murray still a flake in the decisive match, Tsonga keeps consistent level, Raonic howering in the 30's for a while

Buy: Federer back to Number one spot, Monfils steps back into top 10
WTA:

Sell: Li Na out
Hold:
Buy: Georges, Radwanska, and Stosur into the top postiions.

heftylefty
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
I am long Fed, Tsonga, Murray.
I am short Nadal, JMDP, Monfils, Soderling, Fish and Roddick.
I am leveraged short on Djoker. I know a bubble when i see one.

Nice!

Buy: Tsonga
Hold: Federer
Sell: Nadal

kaku
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Buy Murray Tsonga Nishikori Del Potro
Holding Nadal Roddick Ferrer
Selling Fish into top 15, Almagro out of top 20, Tipsarevic into top 15

Clarky21
12-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Buy: Federer,****,Murray,Delpo
Sell: Nadal,Fish
Hold: Ferrer,Tsonga

1970CRBase
12-19-2011, 08:02 PM
WTA :

Sell : Woz, Li, Stosur, Vera, Kuzzy, Ana, Jankovic, Schiavone.

Hold : Aza, Sharapova, Bartoli, Kim, Petkovic, Serena.

Buy : Kvitova, Aggie, Julia, Lisicki.

ATP :

Sell : ALL

Hold :

Buy : Tsonga.

tennismaster00
12-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Buy: Federer, Del Potro, Nishikori, Soderling, Tsonga
Hold: Murray, Ferrer, Roddick
Sell: Djokovic, Nadal, Tipsarevic, Almagro

celoft
12-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Buy: Federer and Del Potro
Hold: Murray and Nadal
Sell: Djokovic and Fish

Monsieur_DeLarge
12-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Depends if this is based on a change in ranking position, or ranking points won and lost.

Buy: Tomic, based on my wacky "teen breakthrough after banner year (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=6182571&postcount=19)" theory
Hold: Murray (or Tsonga, or maybe Nadal)
Sell: Fish if this is ranking-based, Djokovic if it's points-based

Regards,
MDL

pound cat
12-20-2011, 05:17 AM
WTA

Sell...Venus Williams
Hold....Sharapova
Buy...Kvitova, Stosur

helloworld
12-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Ok.... Let's assume share prices are players ranking. Here is my portfolio for the year 2012.

Long position: Tsonga, Monfils, Nishikori, Raonic

These are simply growth firms with high potential. Although growth firms tend to pay no dividends, they usually reward us with high capital gain. :D

Short position: Federer, Nadal, Fish

Mature and declining firms tend to go down eventually. Although prices are high at the moment, I do expect a sharp decline next year, especially for Fish.

Hold position: Djokovic, Murray, Ferrer

They are simply mature firms, so prices are not likely to rise or fall.

I might keep Federer though. I consider him a 'blue chip', and likely to pay high dividend. :D

Fate Archer
12-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Really cool idea for a game.

ATP:

Sell: Djokovic, Nadal, Fish, Tipsarevic, Almagro, Ferrer
Hold: Berdych, Wawrinka, Monfils, Cilic
Buy: Murray, Federer, Del Potro, Dolgopolov, Nishikori, Raonic, Dimitrov

Thought about picking Gulbis too, but even if I see a trend in him (think he has a good chance to go back to the top 30 next year) there is little to gain in him and to be honest he's not a good long term investment. :)

WTA:

Sell: Zvonareva, Na Li, Wozniacki, Sharapova
Hold: Azarenka, Serena
Buy: Kvitova, Georges, Stosur, Lisicki, Pavlyuchenkova

heftylefty
12-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Sorry for being lazy, but is there a site that places dollar, pound, franc, etc value on tennis players? Or just use their ranking points to measure value.

I'm with Fate Archer, this would be a very cool game.

PS..HelloWorld...thanks for the breakdown!!

OddJack
12-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Really cool idea for a game.

Sorry for being lazy, but is there a site that places dollar, pound, franc, etc value on tennis players? Or just use their ranking points to measure value.

I'm with Fate Archer, this would be a very cool game.

PS..HelloWorld...thanks for the breakdown!!

Yes, I agree this would be a cool game.

I dont know about any website but we can start it right here.

Open to ideas.

One good thing about it is that it doesnt need to be in the results thread since there will be no spoilers.

If there are users here that are willing to keep track of it on a online data sheet we can start the 2012 Market right now.

heftylefty
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Odd Jack:
How about the player ranking point will be the share price? We move the "," over one place. (Example: Djoker's points, 13,630. His share price 1,360.00)

Each member on TTW starts with 100,000.00 to buy shares. But they have to pick at least 5 players and at least 2 players must be outside top 20.

What do you think?

Any ideas and/or comments are welcome.

heftylefty
12-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Odd Jack:
How about the player ranking point will be the share price? We move the "," over one place. (Example: Djoker's points, 13,630. His share price 1,360.00)

Each member on TTW starts with 100,000.00 to buy shares. But they have to pick at least 5 players and at least 2 players must be outside top 20.

What do you think?

Nevermind...found a site.

http://www.tennisearth.com/teExchange/getStocks.htm

Pretty sweet!!!

Fate Archer
12-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I think this game idea has potential to be quite enjoyable, altough kind of slow as it would take time to see the results. But still fun nonetheless. :)

I would volunteer myself to help manage this game, but unfortunaly I'm afraid I'm a bit noob at some economy topics and don't have much deep knowledge of market shares, which I think would help or be a plus to whoever manages the game.

But I can help to brainstorm and define some rules with you guys here. :)

Odd Jack:

What do you think?

I think it would be easier to manage the numbers if we kept the ranking points as they are, without adding ',' or floating points, assuming that we're gonna have a data sheet and update it from time to time.

As for a starting point, 100.000 sounds like a bit too much I think, using the rankings with no other adjustments, maybe 25.000 (or 25,000.00) would make for a more balanced start.

Would need to make a few tests, but the point would be to start with just enough to make a few investments (1 or 2 big ones, like top 4 players, and the rest would go for other medium or minor ones, like players outside top 10-20), choose wisely and from there on monitoring and reaping the results as time goes.

As a player's accumulated points or market shares grows with their right management of operations, they can then buy new "investments" (players).

The main goal of the game as aplayer, like investors on market shares would be to grow its own market share (accumulated ranking points) and make profit.

We should also come up with a way to penalize players, like giving a limit or threshold that they shouldn't pass; or if their growth estimates don't meet with the rules or objectives set. A player penalized could have to start a new
from the same starting investment (think of a company breaking or going bankrupt and having to start again with a new investor).

Don't know if I'm on a good track here, so any extra input would be helpful to organize this.

Edit: LOL took quite a time to write this post but didn't notice heftylefty's post just above, maybe we won't need to make such effort after all. :)

bullfan
12-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Yes, I agree this would be a cool game.

I dont know about any website but we can start it right here.

Open to ideas.

One good thing about it is that it doesnt need to be in the results thread since there will be no spoilers.

If there are users here that are willing to keep track of it on a online data sheet we can start the 2012 Market right now.

Actually, I think it would need to be in the results thread in case folks are updating information about scores as matches are played.

Bjorn99
12-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Well since my most recent stock pick went from 1.20 to 7.30 in four days last week, symbol, LIVE and I bought AAPL at the most recent bottom, I feel compelled to tell you all that I received and intercepted elite signals once again from those who run the markets from wherever.

They are indicating through their signals to each other that GOLD is going to 1740. I received the signal at 1596. Gold is now, 1624 on the futures markets. Whenever I get one of these signals( I get about two a week) I go in with a 5% trailing stop. So far, they have ALL been successful, and NO, I am not going to set up a website to tell all about this, the signals would probably stop.

Players to short? Hmmm, injuries are the key here, and who can predict that? I predict that Federer will NOT win the Australian, as much as I would like him to. He is not a Grand Slam age any more, and too many sets in the early rounds will be his downfall.

Fish is a predictable short, and probably reasonably safe. Tsonga could go down with an injury at any time, but if not, could threaten at the Australian, lots of good memories for him.

Djokovic has some serious back issues, but if the back holds up, I could see him winning the Australian.

Nisikori? Haven't seen enough of him, not too excited about him, not enough power except for the forehand.

Murray? Get a forehand and lets chat mate.

Nadal? Big time question marks, lots of emotional cracks now, and getting married, could be the beginning of the end.

OddJack
12-20-2011, 07:32 PM
^^^

A subscription service? Like fallen angels?

DoubleDeuce
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Well, there are some easy choices out there. Of course Fish is going down, and sure Rod is not gonna go back up.

But why people so handily shorting Djoker? He is a good hold stock imo. Whos gonna take him over??

Sell: Del Potro ... he never recovered from injury
Hold: Djoker, Tsonga,
Buy: Jack Sock... here if you want to have a real upriser, he is money.