PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel 2011

CDestroyer
12-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Have any you have watched the new thirty matches in 30 days in December on Tennis Channel? Tennis Channel has really come a long way. I remember thinking just a few years back, what are these people thinking? Murphy Jensen, Destination Tennis?

If any Tennis Channel employees, execs etc. read this thread I offer them a Tennis Warehouse message board sincere job well done and thank you for starting the new 30 matches in December programming in December.

Keep it up and please no more Murphy Jensen ever.:smile:

CDestroyer
12-21-2011, 08:51 AM
No love for Tennis Channel?

Oh well I guess too many years of crap programming.

preacha89
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM
No love for Tennis Channel?

Oh well I guess too many years of crap programming.

I don't have too much love for them because of their negotiations with certain cable providers. As a result of them trying to get more exposure, they lost many loyal viewers, when the cable providers decided to scrap TC altogether! As you might guess, I'm one of them.

Kevin T
12-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Big improvement from the early days. I've had TC since summer of '05 and the difference is night and day. I know it's a tennis-based channel but I miss the days when they would also show squash, racquetball, badminton and paddle tennis. Just a few hours a week is all I ask. I can only watch 2009 Fed Cup match reruns so many times. :)

thug the bunny
12-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I just added TC about 6 months ago to feed my addiction, and I'm loving it. My football viewing has gone way down. The NFL $$ machine can go pound sand.

At first I thought the '30 in 30' thing was just filler, but I guess relative to Murphy Whoever, it's primo. On two consecutive nights I just watched Nole and Rafa on clay at Madrid and the FO. Epic battles. Much more entertaining than the crap on MNF. Good job TC.

Cindysphinx
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Lost TC when Verizon yanked it. Debating whether to go to Comcast. Deeply resentful that, no matter what I do I can't get my bill below $70/month.

Larrysümmers
12-21-2011, 11:12 AM
they show too much WTA replays, i just cant take it anymore, lol. my dad pays for it, but if it were up to me, id get rid of it.

although for majors and masters its nice to have

West Coast Ace
12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Have any you have watched the new thirty matches in 30 days in December on Tennis Channel? Great idea, bad execution. Many of the matches they show 1 game, then commercials; 1 game, then more commercials. Unwatchable. Have to DVR them and blast through the commercials - problem with that - at least on DirecTV - the listing doesn't show watch the day's match is.

Rattler
12-21-2011, 06:01 PM
I wish they would broadcast some other events...juniors, wheelchair...etc.

There is so much more tennis going on than just the ATP & WTA.

zapvor
12-21-2011, 07:17 PM
murphy jensen isnt that bad

Ronaldo
12-21-2011, 07:52 PM

Yeah, ask Robin Givens, who never assumed the name Robin Tyson because it was too obvious.

sureshs
12-22-2011, 06:31 AM

He is not bad, just bald

sureshs
12-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Lost TC when Verizon yanked it. Debating whether to go to Comcast. Deeply resentful that, no matter what I do I can't get my bill below $70/month.

It will need the Internet to shake these guys up.

They have refused to offer individualized packages where you just add the channels you want. Instead, it is all this tier, that tier, sports special, HD package etc. It is a racket.

Ronaldo
12-22-2011, 09:17 AM
It will need the Internet to shake these guys up.

They have refused to offer individualized packages where you just add the channels you want. Instead, it is all this tier, that tier, sports special, HD package etc. It is a racket.

Too bad TTC does not offer streaming.

CDestroyer
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
I have Direct TV 2 HD DVRS get HBO as well for 80 bucks a month. It includes Tennis Channel in HD (A REAL TREAT). Also at slam time they cover 6 courts at a time all in HD! So glad to get rid of Comcast overcharging and crap channels and minimal HD channels.

CDestroyer
12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Great idea, bad execution. Many of the matches they show 1 game, then commercials; 1 game, then more commercials. Unwatchable. Have to DVR them and blast through the commercials - problem with that - at least on DirecTV - the listing doesn't show watch the day's match is.

Commercials pay for the shows man. Get a DVR.

West Coast Ace
12-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Commercials pay for the shows man. Get a DVR.Work on your Reading Comprehension. I do. And using the DVR doesn't justify their bad behavior. Showing the sport with all the breaks isn't going to help bring new fans. Think about it - someone who isn't a tennis fan flips around and stops on TTC, starts watching a match and likes it. But then they see all the stoppages and think that's how the sport is really played and flips away.

You don't work for TTC do you?