PDA

View Full Version : Which players ruined the careers of other players?

Mike Sams
12-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Right off the top of my head:

Andy Roddick - career completely ruined by Federer
Roger Federer - career partially ruined by Nadal
Rafael Nadal - 2011 season badly damaged by Djokovic (slight ruin thus far)

.......more......

tennis_pro
12-20-2011, 12:41 PM
that way Federer has "ruined" the careers of Hewitt, Roddick, Davydenko etc.

I think "stopped from winning more" is a better term. The only match which literally ruined one's career was Gaudio beating Coria in the FO final, Coria was never the same after that.

Xizel
12-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Roddick deals with it better than Nadal, LOL.

BeHappy
Sampras ended Courier's career and ruined Pioline's career.

sureshs
Or JMac vs Borg

tennisfreak
12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
The top 200 players in the world ruined the careers of the next 200 players who couldn't make good money playing tennis. If only the top 200 players in the world didn't exist.

Clarky21
12-20-2011, 12:44 PM
**** ruined Nadal mentally so I guess he ruined what was left of his career.

kiki
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
The top 200 players in the world ruined the careers of the next 200 players who couldn't make good money playing tennis. If only the top 200 players in the world didn't exist.

This is one of the smartest post I have ever read.Congratulation.Full of common sense

stephan_58
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I've never actually heard someone call Fed's career "ruined" in any context but I get your point. ;)

Roddick/Federer immediately came to my mind as well. Ruined is such a strong word though, I wouldn't call a career with 1 GS won and so many years in the top 10 ruined at all.

kiki
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Borg ruined Vilas,Gerulaitis,Tanner and some of Connors, too.He also ruined Nastase´s dreams of being big W champion and Orantes dreams of winning Roland Garros.

tennis_pro
12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Sampras ended Courier's career and ruined Pioline's career.

Could be. Losing at the French Open to Sampras was too hard for Jim to swallow. :D

Mainad
12-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Amongst the top 4 players, I think:

Federer has 'ruined' the careers of Wawrinka and any other Swiss players on the tour.

Nadal has 'ruined' the careers of Ferrer, Verdasco, Lopez and any other Spanish players on tour.

Djokovic has 'ruined' the careers of Tipsarevic, Troicki and any other Serbian players on tour.

Murray is the only one of the top 4 who hasn't managed to 'ruin' the careers of any other British players as so far none of them have had any careers to 'ruin'! :cool:

Nathaniel_Near
12-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Well Roddick certainly ruined Federers, his lack of resistance made Roger weak for future match-ups against genuine threats.

Because of Andy, Roger is a massive underachiever.

SLD76
12-20-2011, 01:22 PM

.......more......

Umnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wouldnt say Nadal completely ruined Federer.

Not like Fed didnt win any slams because he had to face nadal all the time.

Sheesh.

SLD76
12-20-2011, 01:23 PM
that way Federer has "ruined" the careers of Hewitt, Roddick, Davydenko etc.

I think "stopped from winning more" is a better term. The only match which literally ruined one's career was Gaudio beating Coria in the FO final, Coria was never the same after that.

this right here.

mellowyellow
12-20-2011, 03:35 PM

Nadal has 'ruined' the careers of Ferrer, Verdasco, Lopez and any other Spanish players on tour. :cool:

So in your mind these players would have been more than they were/are? If anything his "special training" has rubbed off on all as they have all played better later on in their careers, seemingly based on conditioning..... Off to the ER, my side hurts from laughing so hard I think I damaged something.

Tammo
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Cheetos ruined Nalbandians carrer.

But on a separate note I think Serena slightly damaged Venus's carrer by beating her in many GS's finals

eric draven
12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
It's a little simplistic to say any one player "ruined" another's career but you can definitely point to certain rivalries that impacted a players career. On the mens side:

Agassi's losing record to Sampras in slams
Federer's losing record to Nadal at the French
Borg's losses to McEnroe at the US Open
Roddick's losing record to Federer in slams
Lendl's record in slams against McEnroe
Laver's dominance of Emerson

mr_eko
12-20-2011, 07:03 PM
After French Open 2004 Final, Gaudio pretty much killed Coria's mentality. He was never the same. Neither was Gaudio.

Mike Sams
12-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Umnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wouldnt say Nadal completely ruined Federer.

Not like Fed didnt win any slams because he had to face nadal all the time.

Sheesh.

You didn't read my post fully. I said "Roger Federer - career partially ruined by Nadal". :lol:
Partially, not completely. Nadal stopped Federer from achieving 20+ Slams and numerous clay Masters. That needs to be taken into account.

bullfan
12-20-2011, 07:33 PM

.......more......

I don't think that Nadal ruined Fed's career at all. Nor do I think that one season of Djokovic has ruined Nadal.

Mike Sams
12-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't think that Nadal ruined Fed's career at all. Nor do I think that one season of Djokovic has ruined Nadal.

That's why I said "slight ruin". Not "complete ruin". It remains to be seen if it's complete ruin in 2012.

adamX012
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM

.......more......

LOL, your title is so negative...

Why You say-Roger Federer - career partially ruined by Nadal? Any evidences?

Clarky21
12-20-2011, 07:52 PM

Yeah,Nadal ruined Fed's career so bad he won 16 slams and something like 70+ career titles. If that's a ruined career I would love to see what Fed would have done had he not been ruined by Nadal. :lol:

Mike Sams
12-20-2011, 07:57 PM

4 Roland Garros Finals losses, 1 Wimbledon Final loss, 1 Australian Open Finals loss. That's 6 Grand Slam Finals losses to the same person. That is a partial ruin of one's career. Federer has 16 Slams. But 16 is not as good as 22.
22 is the number of Slams Federer might have won if not for 1 person. That's why I said Nadal partially ruined Federer's career.

Apun94
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Also, fed's semifinal loss to rafa in RG 05, roger wudve won it, so 23 gs

adamX012
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM
4 Roland Garros Finals losses, 1 Wimbledon Final loss, 1 Australian Open Finals loss. That's 6 Grand Slam Finals losses to the same person. That is a partial ruin of one's career. Federer has 16 Slams. But 16 is not as good as 22.
22 is the number of Slams Federer might have won if not for 1 person. That's why I said Nadal partially ruined Federer's career.

Yeah,Nadal ruined Fed's career so bad he won 16 slams and something like 70+ career titles. If that's a ruined career I would love to see what Fed would have done had he not been ruined by Nadal. :lol:

That sounds reasonable. By any chance, you guys are pro? I read quite a lot of your posts throughout the forum. I am still learning tennis though.

Sentinel
12-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Federer has 'ruined' the careers of Wawrinka and any other Swiss players on the tour.

Nadal has 'ruined' the careers of Ferrer, Verdasco, Lopez and any other Spanish players on tour.

Djokovic has 'ruined' the careers of Tipsarevic, Troicki and any other Serbian players on tour.

Murray is the only one of the top 4 who hasn't managed to 'ruin' the careers of any other British players as so far none of them have had any careers to 'ruin'! :cool:
LOL, but wait ...

if it weren't for Fred would Wawa have an Olympics Gold. Is there any other player Wawa could have won with ? Certainly not Chuidinelli (sp?).

DjokovicForTheWin
12-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Sampras' career was ruined by Agassi, since Agassi proved a career slam was possible even when the surfaces were so different.

dudeski
12-20-2011, 08:44 PM
**** ruined Nadal mentally so I guess he ruined what was left of his career.

Anyone knows what ruined Clarky21 mentally? Menopause maybe? Was there ever anything to ruin in the first place?

purge
12-20-2011, 08:55 PM
maybe santoro ruined safins -.-

MichaelNadal
12-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Federer ruining Hewitt and Roddick's are the 2 biggies for me.

Shaolin
12-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Gaudio literally ruined Coria's career. Although you could say Coria ruined Coria's career.

TopFH
12-20-2011, 09:28 PM
That sounds reasonable. By any chance, you guys are pro? I read quite a lot of your posts throughout the forum. I am still learning tennis though.

If some of us posters were pros, we wouldn't spend as much time here. :)

1970CRBase
12-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Venus and Serena both took away a number of slams from each other. Tho I think that without Venus, whom she ended up facing 12 times in slams, possibly Serena would have been more motivated in her day.

TennisLovaLova
12-20-2011, 11:22 PM
After French Open 2004 Final, Gaudio pretty much killed Coria's mentality. He was never the same. Neither was Gaudio.

Gaudio should have lost that match.
I read in a french tennis magazine with an interview of gaudio that after that match, they never spoke to each other again.

Wilander Fan
12-21-2011, 12:51 AM
On the one hand, Nadal is the one blemish on the all time greatest career and kept Fed from absolute and silly dominance. He likely would have a few calendar slams if not for Nadal. OTOH, without Nadal pushing Fed, Fed may very well have won a couple of RGs and then retired in 2007 or at least lacked motivation to keep up his level.

A similar case is Evert Lloyd. She would have had every record in the book if not for Navratilova but Navratilova was also the main reason she stuck around so long.

Andres
12-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Gaudio literally ruined Coria's career. Although you could say Coria ruined Coria's career.
Actually, I'd say NADAL ruined Coria's career. After 2004 FO, Coria was still good enough to reach two clay M1000 finals in a row, Monte Carlo and Rome, losing both to Nadal.

Losing Rome the way he did, in a fifth set TB, being two points away, and then another loss later that year in a final (Beijing? Shanghai? Stuttgart? dont remember) was the icing to the cake. Coria was done.

SLD76
12-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Moya ruined Panetta's 2008.

MG1
12-21-2011, 01:50 AM

even safin ruined fed career ..AO 2005 s/f ..he could have 24 gs then ..crazy u !!

aphex
12-21-2011, 01:51 AM
Rosewall ruined Laver's.
Without him, Laver could have been the GOAT.

Russeljones
12-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Federer has ruined Dimitrov's career.

mmk
12-21-2011, 04:27 AM
Actually, losing to Nadal has probably done as much to enhance Fed's legacy as it has to damage it. Consider, if Nadal hadn't come along, a lot of people would have said that Fed's wins were due to the lack of quality opponents rather than his brilliance.

MariaRafael
12-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Roddick deals with it better than Nadal, LOL.

Sure. He achieved so much more this Roddick. So many more slams, masters, davis cups, olympic medals ...

MariaRafael
12-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Anyone knows what ruined Clarky21 mentally? Menopause maybe? Was there ever anything to ruin in the first place?

Menopause can hardly leave a person without any brains at all. Probably he/she/it was born in this pitiful condition.

El Diablo
12-21-2011, 04:44 AM
Tonya Harding

boredone3456
12-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Roddick is probably the most obvious one in recent years. He certainly, if not for Federer, would have at least one Wimbledon by now. He was for a couple years before Nadal evolved clearly the 2nd best grasscourt player out there...the only problem was Federer being so much better then him he just couldn't do it. Even still though he blew his chance a couple of years ago to beat Federer at Wimbledon and still didn't...but still. Like its been said ruined is sort of harsh...but Federer definitely hindered him bigtime...I mean, look at their career H2H.

Nadal really didn't ruin Fed's career, he has 16 majors...most ever. Sure he cost him French opens...but Federer's career is still cataclysmically great even without them. Its not like Roddick who will retire sort of a one slam wonder where as without Federer he'd likely be a multi-slam winner..

I can't really think of any others that haven't already been stated. I guess maybe you could argue for the guys who beat Lendl in multiple finals hampering his legacy a little bit by having all those major finals and losing the majority of them. But even still his career is amazing.

Usually it ends up being the ones that win tons of Major's that look like ruiners. So you could probably argue that Federer, Graf, Sampras, Navratilova and Evert "ruined" plenty of careers just by winning so much. But at the same time...they were just that much better.

Netzroller
12-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Given both Nadal and Federer have double digit Slams including the career Slam, >100 weeks at #1 and over a dozen Masters titles it's rather absurd to talk about a 'ruined' career.
Now if Federer had never won the FO, this would have hurt his legacy a lot.

I also don't like the weak era argument, but without Nadal Federer would have indeed never had a guy who can be considered a true rival. This would have raised some questions and we would most likely not have seen quite a few matches that are consiedered classics. In the end I don't think that that the existence of Nadal has diminished Federers achievements to the extent some people claim.

Nathaniel_Near
12-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Roddick is probably the most obvious one in recent years. He certainly, if not for Federer, would have at least one Wimbledon by now. He was for a couple years before Nadal evolved clearly the 2nd best grasscourt player out there...the only problem was Federer being so much better then him he just couldn't do it. Even still though he blew his chance a couple of years ago to beat Federer at Wimbledon and still didn't...but still. Like its been said ruined is sort of harsh...but Federer definitely hindered him bigtime...I mean, look at their career H2H.

Nadal really didn't ruin Fed's career, he has 16 majors...most ever. Sure he cost him French opens...but Federer's career is still cataclysmically great even without them. Its not like Roddick who will retire sort of a one slam wonder where as without Federer he'd likely be a multi-slam winner..

I can't really think of any others that haven't already been stated. I guess maybe you could argue for the guys who beat Lendl in multiple finals hampering his legacy a little bit by having all those major finals and losing the majority of them. But even still his career is amazing.

Usually it ends up being the ones that win tons of Major's that look like ruiners. So you could probably argue that Federer, Graf, Sampras, Navratilova and Evert "ruined" plenty of careers just by winning so much. But at the same time...they were just that much better.

But Roddick softened up Roger too much and made him mentally weak in later years by posing too little a challenge...

Because of Roddick, Roger isn't GOAT.:(

OddJack
12-21-2011, 05:24 AM
I dont know about all that, but sure of one thing.

Clarky Ruined Mike Sam's career on tt.tennis.

monfed
12-21-2011, 05:44 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, Nadal damaged Federer's legacy and took away his aura of invincibility.

To summarise ,without Nadal , Federer would've had -

A) 2 consecutive calendar slams(2006,2007)

B) 7 consecutive Wimbledons, this would eclipse Sampras(although Sampras fans would still bring up the weak era BS :lol:).

D)05,06,07,08,11 French Opens. That is a total of 5 RGs + 2009 RG title giving him a grand total of 6 RGs equalling Borg making him the co-clay court GOAT.

E)2009 AO which would give Federer the open-era record of 5 AOs.

The dizzy heights Federer would've reached without Nadal, my goodness.

celoft
12-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Roddick.

He would be a 6 slams winner without Federer.

Once a player hits 6 slams he enters another level.

Instead he is only a 1 slam wonder.

TMF
12-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Borg ruined Vilas,Gerulaitis,Tanner and some of Connors, too.He also ruined Nastase´s dreams of being big W champion and Orantes dreams of winning Roland Garros.

Connors ruined Borg's dream of winning the USO, and then it was Mac's turn to stop him.

TheMusicLover
12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Haha at "ruined". I see a lot of players mentioned here who actually had brilliant careers, two of them rightfully present in GOAT discussions. LOLWUT.

Players' careers do not get "ruined" by other players. Diseases and injuries do.

Shaolin
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Actually, I'd say NADAL ruined Coria's career. After 2004 FO, Coria was still good enough to reach two clay M1000 finals in a row, Monte Carlo and Rome, losing both to Nadal.

Losing Rome the way he did, in a fifth set TB, being two points away, and then another loss later that year in a final (Beijing? Shanghai? Stuttgart? dont remember) was the icing to the cake. Coria was done.

Good point but I think that epic FO loss definitely softened him up and got the ball rolling toward ruin.

Regarding Gaudio, he was pretty much done after that 0 & 0 defeat to Federer at the year end championships. He went straight downhill after that.

Mike Sams
12-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Haha at "ruined". I see a lot of players mentioned here who actually had brilliant careers, two of them rightfully present in GOAT discussions. LOLWUT.

Players' careers do not get "ruined" by other players. Diseases and injuries do.

Roddick's career was ruined by Federer. Do you think anybody on this forum would be ridiculing Roddick if he had 4-5 Slams to his credit? I think not. :lol:

gregor.b
12-21-2011, 12:14 PM
I vote for Hewitt. Lala could have had a few more Majors if not for SexiRogi.

zcarzach
12-21-2011, 12:20 PM
I vote for Hewitt. Lala could have had a few more Majors if not for SexiRogi.

QFT. Although I suspect that Bec may have ruined Super Lleyton.

Douggo
12-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Stepanek ruined Vaidisova's career.
Didn't Hingis ruin some careers, too?

TheMusicLover
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Roddick's career was ruined by Federer. Do you think anybody on this forum would be ridiculing Roddick if he had 4-5 Slams to his credit? I think not. :lol:

Okay, yeah Roddick was indeed very unlucky to have his prime together with Fed. But still he managed to get to #1, win a slam, and some 30 other titles.
Not what I call a 'ruined' career. :)

Mike Sams
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Okay, yeah Roddick was indeed very unlucky to have his prime together with Fed. But still he managed to get to #1, win a slam, and some 30 other titles.
Not what I call a 'ruined' career. :)

Come on man, his career was ruined. Do you even read this forum? Everybody craps on Roddick. Even the press crap all over him. Nobody cares about those other 30 titles or having been ranked #1. What matters is he came up short to Federer in all those Slam finals. It's all about the Slams.

TheMusicLover
12-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Come on man, his career was ruined. Do you even read this forum? Everybody craps on Roddick. Even the press crap all over him. Nobody cares about those other 30 titles or having been ranked #1. What matters is he came up short to Federer in all those Slam finals. It's all about the Slams.

Well yes I read this forum, and no I do not 'crap' on Roddick.
I do 'crap' on so-called tennis fans who only care about the big champs and show an amazing amount of disrespect to all the guys from the lower echelons of the game. Do people even realize how difficult it is to crack the top 100?

mellowyellow
12-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Hmm, wasn't that the year a fully matured man on PED lost to Nadal?

kiki
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Connors ruined Borg's dream of winning the USO, and then it was Mac's turn to stop him.

True.Very true.As I posted many times, Borg was so unfortunated at NY as he was fortunate at London.However, he has said he´d never give away one of his 5 W titles for one single USO.I would, but he says NO

kiki
12-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Sampras, not ruined, but prevented Agassi,Courier and Becker , as well as Rafter, to win more majors.

Not with Edberg, tough.

I think that, ruining somebody has happened very rarely in the open era.May be it happened with Borg, Sampras and Federer.

Oh¡¡ and Rosewall ruined Laver to win the title he wanted most: the WCT Finals.What a sweet revenge for muscless ( if anybody deserved winning W it was him)

SLD76
12-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Sampras didnt ruin agassi's career. Sampras would probably give up 1 USO for a FO. Agassi has career slam even if less slam titles.

Also, Im sure Roddick would trade his USO for one W, so why anyone questions why Borg would not trade a W for a USO is beyond me.

Homeboy Hotel
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Nadal to Federer. Not Federer to Nadal, as Nadal's over achieved anyway.

kiki
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Sampras didnt ruin agassi's career. Sampras would probably give up 1 USO for a FO. Agassi has career slam even if less slam titles.

Also, Im sure Roddick would trade his USO for one W, so why anyone questions why Borg would not trade a W for a USO is beyond me.

I understand Borg.He fought so hard to get a Wimbledon title,it is not conceivable to give it away.He related so much to his Wimbly wins, and the feeling was so great that I can understand he wouldn´t trade that for a title he doesn´t feel how it tastes, in the sense that he wnt through 5 orgasmatic experiences at W but none at NY.

BTW, Nadal ruined Fed´s hopes to, someday, be even deserving being compared to Laver.We all know this train has departed without Fed.

SLD76
12-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I understand Borg.He fought so hard to get a Wimbledon title,it is not conceivable to give it away.He related so much to his Wimbly wins, and the feeling was so great that I can understand he wouldn´t trade that for a title he doesn´t feel how it tastes, in the sense that he wnt through 5 orgasmatic experiences at W but none at NY.

BTW, Nadal ruined Fed´s hopes to, someday, be even deserving being compared to Laver.We all know this train has departed without Fed.

Laver calls Fed the best he has ever seen.

Meanwhile Djoker has ruined Nadal mentally. Fed even when he was losing to Rafa was still destroying everyone else-on all surfaces.

kiki
12-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Laver calls Fed the best he has ever seen.

Meanwhile Djoker has ruined Nadal mentally. Fed even when he was losing to Rafa was still destroying everyone else-on all surfaces.

Normal.Laver didn´t watch himself when he was playing.

Djokovic may own Nadal same way Rafa owned Federer.That is why *******s and ************s join forces.They have in common they really hate Nadal and Nadalites.

SLD76
12-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Normal.Laver didn´t watch himself when he was playing.

Djokovic may own Nadal same way Rafa owned Federer.That is why *******s and ************s join forces.They have in common they really hate Nadal and Nadalites.

The ignorance is just stunning.
Then again, I shouldnt be suprised.

kiki
12-21-2011, 02:52 PM
The ignorance is just stunning.
Then again, I shouldnt be suprised.

Can you proof Laver was being owned by his nº 2 in the way Fed is owned by Nadal...?

yes, he certainly lost to Rosewall but, I don´t think he left that poor image Fed leaves when playing Nadal, knowing Nadal will roundly beat him¡¡¡

TMF
12-21-2011, 03:01 PM

You are wrong again, as usual.

"Oh, I would be honoured to even be compared to Roger"
-Rod Laver

kiki
12-21-2011, 03:16 PM
You are wrong again, as usual.

"Oh, I would be honoured to even be compared to Roger"
-Rod Laver

You have to know aussie´s sense of humour.I know it very well, since I have been there for a while, and this is exactly ausie´s sense of humour.

TMF
12-21-2011, 03:21 PM
You have to know aussie´s sense of humour.I know it very well, since I have been there for a while, and this is exactly ausie´s sense of humour.

Sorry, I believe what he said, not what you 'think you know'.

kiki
12-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I believe what he said, not what you 'think you know'.

If that makes you happy...Laver will have made happy Fed and you.

gregor.b
12-21-2011, 03:24 PM

Please do not assume you know how 1 great feels about another. It would appear that there is a truly great admiration from those at the top of the game toward their peers and their equals,but it is unfair to say such and such feels a certain way unless YOU are that someone. Are YOU Rod Laver? BTW, yes,I am an Aussie. A very,very proud Aussie.

kiki
12-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Please do not assume you know how 1 great feels about another. It would appear that there is a truly great admiration from those at the top of the game toward their peers and their equals,but it is unfair to say such and such feels a certain way unless YOU are that someone. Are YOU Rod Laver? BTW, yes,I am an Aussie. A very,very proud Aussie.

Laver, in normal conditions, would be proud enough of himself to never accept being second to none.So, if he says otherwise, something is going the wrong way.

TMF
12-21-2011, 03:30 PM
If that makes you happy...Laver will have made happy Fed and you.

If it makse you happy, keep convincing yourself that Laver wasn't honest.

TMF
12-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Laver, in normal conditions, would be proud enough of himself to never accept being second to none.So, if he says otherwise, something is going the wrong way.

And I suppose you believe Agassi said everything about Federer is untrue because he would never accept being a lesser player than Fed. (roll)

kiki
12-21-2011, 03:36 PM
And I suppose you believe Agassi said everything about Federer is untrue because he would never accept being a lesser player than Fed. (roll)

No Agassi is a toy.Has never had any criteria on nothing...well, except when his nose took the lead...

TMF
12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
No Agassi is a toy.Has never had any criteria on nothing...well, except when his nose took the lead...

You don't watch tennis but Agassi played in the 90s and 00s. Yeah, you are the expert and he's a clueless one. (roll eyes)

gregor.b
12-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Good one.LOL!

kiki
12-21-2011, 03:51 PM
You don't watch tennis but Agassi played in the 90s and 00s. Yeah, you are the expert and he's a clueless one. (roll eyes)

Agassi has little idea about anything.

gregor.b
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Agassi has little idea about anything.

Obviously. That is why he has setup a foundation to help out underprivileged kids. Because he knows and cares about nothing and nobody. Unlike you.

Tammo
12-21-2011, 05:25 PM
As I've said before serena really did damage to Venus. I know that Serena beat Venus 5 times in a row at the GS's

adamX012
12-21-2011, 06:46 PM
If some of us posters were pros, we wouldn't spend as much time here. :)

LOL... but you know what I think I discovered one pro here, oh yes.

OddJack
12-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Federer Ruined Nadal's career.

The Guy spent most of his career at number 2, the longest in history.

By the time he got there he had lost his knees, his shoulder, his backhand, his serve and maybe his mind.

All at the dear age of 25, the exact age that tennis players show the most of their success.

It's too late.

MichaelNadal
12-21-2011, 08:25 PM
As I've said before serena really did damage to Venus. I know that Serena beat Venus 5 times in a row at the GS's

Definitely agree with this, that was her one good chance at Roland Garros and the AO.

SLD76
12-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Definitely agree with this, that was her one good chance at Roland Garros and the AO.

true this. I dont think she ever really had the heart to beat her sister...except at Wimbledon.

Tennis Is Magic
12-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Günter Parche :rolleyes:

stringertom
12-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Vitas: "let's go waterskiing on Long Island Sound, Bjorn. It's great crosstraining for that tourney you haven't won yet!"

Bjorn: "are u sure? I better check with Lennart."

Vitas: "don't worry...I won't go fast. Nothing is gonna happen."

Bjorn: OK! Should be fun.

celoft
12-22-2011, 10:27 AM

This one as well.

boredone3456
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Another for the women

Sharapova ruined Henin. The 2008 Australian Open QF....after Sharapova made mince meat of her Henin was never the same player again. After her Stellar 2007 season...what happened in 2008 was just shocking. Sharapova is the one to thank for that. Yes Henin still had an amazing career, but Sharapova just mentally killed her.

kiki
12-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Vitas: "let's go waterskiing on Long Island Sound, Bjorn. It's great crosstraining for that tourney you haven't won yet!"

Bjorn: "are u sure? I better check with Lennart."

Vitas: "don't worry...I won't go fast. Nothing is gonna happen."

Bjorn: OK! Should be fun.

Good one, great old folks¡¡¡ fun times.

kiki
12-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Federer Ruined Nadal's career.

The Guy spent most of his career at number 2, the longest in history.

By the time he got there he had lost his knees, his shoulder, his backhand, his serve and maybe his mind.

All at the dear age of 25, the exact age that tennis players show the most of their success.

It's too late.

yeah¡¡ 6-2 in big finals is ruining a career....

kiki
12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Rosewall ruined Laver's.
Without him, Laver could have been the GOAT.

Rosewall certainly ruined Laver´s dent at WCT, the only title he really felt motivated to win in the 70´s.

But, it could be otherwise, Laver ruining ken´s career...