PDA

View Full Version : Novak only playing Abudhabi Exho before the AO

batz
12-21-2011, 10:21 AM
As far as I can see, Novak will only be playing Abudhabi and nothing else before the start of the AO. Seems like a light schedule?

nadalwon2012
12-21-2011, 11:14 AM
He'll need that light schedule, just to complete matches, the way he's been going lately.

aphex
12-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Is that exo the one nadal is playing to rest from the heavy schedule?

nadalwon2012
12-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I think its the exho that gives Nadal and Federer a bye (direct entry into the semis) and makes Djokovic play the opening round (although its only a 3 round event).

Hitman
12-21-2011, 12:14 PM

That's the one. Rest is important. :)

sureshs
12-21-2011, 01:31 PM

It is the exo with tons of money

OddJack
12-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Only two matches in the exo not gonna make any diff for Rodge or Raf. They spent more hours practicing a day

sureshs
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Only two matches in the exo not gonna make any diff for Rodge or Raf. They spent more hours practicing a day

It makes a big difference to their bank accounts

OddJack
12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
^^^
You think they care?

I doubt Rodge does...but not sure about uncle Toni.

Towser83
12-21-2011, 01:40 PM
I think its the exho that gives Nadal and Federer a bye (direct entry into the semis) and makes Djokovic play the opening round (although its only a 3 round event).

Yep and guess which one he's playing? :lol:

Mainad
12-21-2011, 05:10 PM

Deleted post.

nadalwon2012
12-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Yep and guess which one he's playing? :lol:

Not sure, but I'm hoping its Nadal vs Djok semi.

iriraz
12-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Early this year he only played the Hopmans Cup exho before the AO so certainly he is taking it easily before the AO.It`s not important where any player competes before the AO as there aren`t big points to gather but get himself into a good shape after a 1 month break to play at the best level possible.

batz
12-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Early this year he only played the Hopmans Cup exho before the AO so certainly he is taking it easily before the AO.It`s not important where any player competes before the AO as there aren`t big points to gather but get himself into a good shape after a 1 month break to play at the best level possible.

Hopman Cup is guaranteed 3 singles matches and 3 doubles matches and it is played 2 weeks before AO.

Abudhabi could be one match only and is played 3 weeks before the AO - I don't think they are analogous.

nadalwon2012
12-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Plus the Hopman Cup is more serious/competitive. Players take more pride in that, representing your country and your partner. Mentally it is good preparation for a slam.

iriraz
12-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Hopman Cup is guaranteed 3 singles matches and 3 doubles matches and it is played 2 weeks before AO.

Abudhabi could be one match only and is played 3 weeks before the AO - I don't think they are analogous.

I know what u mean but if he doesn`t get enough match practice he could still play 1 or 2 matches at Kooyong.
But still considering his late season struggles he certainly doesn`t wanna overplay right from start of the year.It`s going to be a pretty long year with the Olympics as well so every player needs to get his schedule right.

Rhino
12-22-2011, 12:57 AM

FYO: Not every thread has to immediately be turned into a Nadal thread.

Telepatic
12-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Hope he doesn't end up playing only 1 match. :s

Maybe he should get some match at Kooyong as well.

MariaRafael
12-22-2011, 04:17 AM

Don't bother. This is the only meaning of his life. Put him on my foe list a couple of years ago, so don't have to read his ugly posts. But from the other people's quote see that haters do not change.

Homeboy Hotel
12-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Plus the Hopman Cup is more serious/competitive. Players take more pride in that, representing your country and your partner. Mentally it is good preparation for a slam.

+ Last year, both Djokovic and Murray played Hopman Cup.

Not only do you get 6 matches, represent your country etc = You are already in Australia, playing in Perth heat and having lots of time to adapt to that weather.

I hear Murray and Djokovic were major practice buddies last year over in Perth too, look how well that paid off.

stringertom
12-22-2011, 04:25 AM
^^^
You think they care?

For Rogi, proximity over profit is more important...120 km from Dubai, just the right commute in his Benz.

Sentinel
12-22-2011, 04:38 AM
It is the exo with tons of money
Yeah but Nadal will use that money for his foundation whereas Federer will buy another 17.5 million mansion for his Mirka.

It's amazing the sacrifices Rafa makes for the poor and needy.

Sentinel
12-22-2011, 04:39 AM
For Rogi, proximity over profit is more important...120 km from Dubai, just the right commute in his Benz.
Anything more and the stash of Lindt 99% will start getting a little melty :D

Mmmmm.

Rock Strongo
12-22-2011, 10:13 AM

Oh please... That's like saying not every thread in the former pro forum immediately needs to be turned into a Graf thread.

Towser83
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Not sure, but I'm hoping its Nadal vs Djok semi.

Well I read he was going to play Federer if he made it through, that's why I was laughing.

Novak should probably take it easy in an exo, it won't count on the H2H so it's a great chance for Nadal to get a win if they do meet.

sureshs
12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
^^^
You think they care?

No, they play the exos in locations like Abu Dhabi and Macao just to popularize tennis worldwide.

Get real man. It is all about the money.

CDestroyer
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
As far as I can see, Novak will only be playing Abudhabi and nothing else before the start of the AO. Seems like a light schedule?

Smart move save energy to destroy folks again.

nadalwon2012
12-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Well I read he was going to play Federer if he made it through, that's why I was laughing.

Novak should probably take it easy in an exo, it won't count on the H2H so it's a great chance for Nadal to get a win if they do meet.

Give Nadal an inch and he takes a light-year.

celoft
12-23-2011, 06:57 AM
He will be fresher for the AO. Good move. He or Fed will win the AO.

Sentinel
12-23-2011, 07:23 AM
^ Not sure if this fresher for AO is a great idea .... unless he is not yet confident about his shoulder.

What are Rogers and Rafael's schedules prior to AO.?

batz
12-23-2011, 08:32 AM
^ Not sure if this fresher for AO is a great idea .... unless he is not yet confident about his shoulder.

What are Rogers and Rafael's schedules prior to AO.?

Both play the same Abudhabi ehxo as Noel then both play Doha ATP 250 event; Murrya plays ATP Brisbane event during the same week.

Towser83
12-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Give Nadal an inch and he takes a light-year.

normally I'd agree, but Djokovic gave him an inch at the US Open 3rd set and also Wimbledon 3rd set...

Anyway my money's on Nadal for this, he needs the win more nad will be hungrier

West Coast Ace
12-23-2011, 05:33 PM
As far as I can see, Novak will only be playing Abudhabi and nothing else before the start of the AO. Seems like a light schedule?He'll be fine.

^^^
You think they care?

I doubt Rodge doesCome on, Jack. I respect Roger too. But if you don't think he's a capitalist you're sadly mistaken. He's playing Roddick in an exo in March at Madison Square Garden (instead of playing Dubai). Don't forget he played a series of exo's with Sampras a few yrs back. He's not playing these because he there are no official ATP tournaments or he can't find practice partners...

batz
12-24-2011, 12:40 AM
He'll be fine.

Come on, Jack. I respect Roger too. But if you don't think he's a capitalist you're sadly mistaken. He's playing Roddick in an exo in March at Madison Square Garden (instead of playing Dubai). Don't forget he played a series of exo's with Sampras a few yrs back. He's not playing these because he there are no official ATP tournaments or he can't find practice partners...

I think so too - I just find it a bit odd that he'll maybe play only 1 exho match in the 6 week lead up to a grand slam.

nadalwon2012
12-24-2011, 07:53 PM
normally I'd agree, but Djokovic gave him an inch at the US Open 3rd set and also Wimbledon 3rd set...

Anyway my money's on Nadal for this, he needs the win more nad will be hungrier

That's a little different. That's in the context of a match. I'm talking about the season. If Nadal gets on top of Djokovic early in the season I think he will run the table.

Clarky21
12-24-2011, 08:00 PM
That's a little different. That's in the context of a match. I'm talking about the season. If Nadal gets on top of Djokovic early in the season I think he will run the table.

When are you going to let it sink in that Nadal has absolutely zero shot in h*ll of beating **** ever again? I think you darn well know Nadal doesn't stand a chance,but insist on continuing to live on hope. It's futile and time to give up,dude.

Mike Sams
12-24-2011, 08:00 PM

Nadal beat Djokovic in their Columbia exhibition this year which took place a day after their Miami final.

Mike Sams
12-24-2011, 08:04 PM

Trying to turn the tables on Djokovic is going to be by far the most difficult challenge of Nadal's career.

nadalwon2012
12-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Beating Federer at Wimbledon will always be the most difficult thing Nadal has ever faced. Djokovic is just a temporary skidmark.

Mike Sams
12-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Beating Federer at Wimbledon will always be the most difficult thing Nadal has ever faced. Djokovic is just a temporary skidmark.

Federer even in 2006 (his best year ever) still had much more difficulty beating an inexperienced Nadal at Wimbledon compared to Djokovic who beat a far more formidable Nadal at Wimbledon. :lol:
Nadal always had the style to give Federer fits on all surfaces. Djokovic on the other hand has the style to give Nadal fits. Similar to Davydenko and Nalbandian.

Sentinel
12-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Exactamundo !

Nadal just has to get that mental strength back and he'll road-roll over Noel.

West Coast Ace
12-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Trying to turn the tables on Djokovic is going to be by far the most difficult challenge of Nadal's career.Agreed. If Djokovic's game this yr is at the same level as last, then Rafa will have to become much more offensive - which is a significant deviation from his normal game.

Mike Sams
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Exactamundo !

Nadal just has to get that mental strength back and he'll road-roll over Noel.

But Nadal couldn't even beat Djokovic even when he DID have the mental strength in Indian Wells and Miami. :lol:

tusharlovesrafa
12-25-2011, 12:30 AM
I hope Rafa retires and give u poor souls break frm rafa bashing.