PDA

View Full Version : Is Verdasco the transitional choke king of tennis?

joeri888
12-23-2011, 09:36 AM
between Coria and Henman? Or is he an all time great at it?

Mike Sams
12-23-2011, 09:40 AM
biggest choker ever.

Crazy man
12-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Nalbandian? But at least he has levels of play when choking couldn't even prevent him from beating the best players on tour, Verdasco could play a guy in a wheelchair in a slam final and would still lose in the fifth set after having 10 championship points. At least Coria choked against a moving opponent, Henman lacked a big weapon to carry him through big match situations.

Yep, I'd say Verdasco is a mental chump. He even said at his best he could beat anyone...........................

Except Nadal. Lol!

tusharlovesrafa
12-24-2011, 01:42 AM
He Is More Talented Then Federer And Less Talented Then Nadal.

Sentinel
12-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Haha !

I have heard that Dasco got out-choked by some other player. Can't remember but if he's ever won against Magro then you have it.

Devilito
12-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Sure, but he also has some of the best come backs (close matches) in recent memory against Tipseravic and his match against Ferrer at the US Open . How do you explain that?

AhmedD
12-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Sure, but he also has some of the best come backs (close matches) in recent memory against Tipseravic and his match against Ferrer at the US Open . How do you explain that?

Tipsarevic choked?

Ferrer. Well, Ferrer had his moments, but at that moment Tabasco was actually putting up the fight, so I'll give him that.

cork_screw
12-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Nalbandian, Coria are bigger chokers. I wouldn't consider Verdasco a choker, I don't remember him in a position to win and just give it up based on being emotionally wrought. I do believe sometimes Verdasco doesn't make the best decisions when playing. I remember some points when he played that epic match against nadal that he would sometimes hit directly at nadal than to hit away from him when he was in position to win a point. He seems to really like to go crosscourt with that forehand, I would love to see his coach wean him away from being predictable and open up his hitting dynamics and train him to hit inside out and down the line more with that forehand.