PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Noobies

Andyroo10567
12-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Does anybody have that type of friend that just practically can buy anything they want? Well my friend just started playing tennis a couple months ago and he bought at the first week he played a 12 pack babolat aero line bag, 1 APDC,
1 APDGT+, 5 packs of RPM blast, Nadal hat, Nadal's shoes, and 2 packs of 12 pack grip. After i see him with all that stuff he told me " Since i got pretty good at tennis i asked my parents if i could buy tennis stuff ". Just annoyed me.
Sorry wanted to release all my anger. BTW he also starts to grunt like nadal and still doesnt know how to feed, serve, volley, or backhand and he runs around the court trying to forehand all the time and missing and losing my tennis balls. Sorry, i just wanted to relieve all my stress and annoyance and put it aside.

wings56
12-25-2011, 08:50 PM
haha. dont worry. people like him will give it up after a couple months

SoBad
12-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Does anybody have that type of friend that just practically can buy anything they want? Well my friend just started playing tennis a couple months ago and he bought at the first week he played a 12 pack babolat aero line bag, 1 APDC,
1 APDGT+, 5 packs of RPM blast, Nadal hat, Nadal's shoes, and 2 packs of 12 pack grip. After i see him with all that stuff he told me " Since i got pretty good at tennis i asked my parents if i could buy tennis stuff ". Just annoyed me.
Sorry wanted to release all my anger. BTW he also starts to grunt like nadal and still doesnt know how to feed, serve, volley, or backhand and he runs around the court trying to forehand all the time and missing and losing my tennis balls. Sorry, i just wanted to relieve all my stress and annoyance and put it aside.

Are you distraught by the economic disparity between your family and your friend's?

The Bawss
12-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Are you distraught by the economic disparity between your family and your friend's?

The words you were looking for were "U jelly?".

mary fierce
12-26-2011, 04:35 AM
The OP's signature includes 5 racquets (3 different models) and he's complaining about people who buy more equipment than they really need???

Andreas1965
12-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Thought that was a thing here in Germany... too bad. Seem to be jelly people all over the world.

If someone has the money, wether b/c he/she works hard, wether he/she got rich parents, or wether he/she is a gangster, then why the hell should anyone bother if this person spends all his/her money?

Hey, I don't want to brag, but I have a pretty well paid job. So, whenever I see anything that I like, I might buy the stuff. Why not?

If the OP's friend can afford to buy so much tennis stuff... why not?

jswinf
12-26-2011, 09:09 AM
haha. dont worry. people like him will give it up after a couple months

Then maybe you can take some nice gear off his hands for a nominal price...:)

Sentinel
12-26-2011, 09:21 AM
" Since i got pretty good at tennis i asked my parents if i could buy tennis stuff "
LMAO.

Well, maybe he's dennis10s, our forum Richie Rich ! Did your friend mention he gave away his yacht and mansion to some poor country so it wouldn't go into anarchy :D

Fifth Set
12-26-2011, 10:23 AM
It is pretty funny when beginners get all decked out in expensive gear. They are also the ones who tend to call the lines the tightest, curse and scream the most and take off their shirts when the mercury hits 60.

Just more examples of the dreaded "grow the game" paradox.

SoBad
12-26-2011, 06:39 PM
The words you were looking for were "U jelly?".

I was looking for one of you people to translate my question for him, thanks for doing that.

zapvor
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
lol classic

Andyroo10567
12-27-2011, 09:45 AM
He gets the rackets way above his own level and he should have started like i told him to, use stuff thats for his own level.

Funbun
12-27-2011, 10:27 AM
He gets the rackets way above his own level and he should have started like i told him to, use stuff thats for his own level.

Jeez, let the guy buy what he wants to buy! People can't really improve without a racquet to improve into, anyway.

How is it annoying that they get all this gear? It's not like he's your pet, that you have to control him.

What only matters is playing tennis, the game in and of itself. If this guy's truly your friend, you should openly tell him to stop hitting your balls out the court or he bring some balls of his own. Or openly tell him to stop grunting. I'm not sure how you can be stressed at all if this guy is just a funny little tick on the side. Who knows, maybe he'll get better and beat you one day.

Cindysphinx
12-27-2011, 12:26 PM
He beat you, didn't he?

:)

Andyroo10567
12-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Nope, BY FAR no...... More like a golden set.

VaththalKuzhambu
12-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey...we have all been like your friend at some point in our tennis careers. While your friend is economically endowed to buy new stuff every week, some of us spend inordinate amounts of time tweaking our tennis gear or, at the least, researching about possible tweaks in the 'Tennis Equipment' section of Talk Tennis.

MarinaHighTennis
12-27-2011, 03:00 PM
I like those people bc they're so rich they have to be nice so people don't see them as spoiled. When they buy their new stuff they give or sell for cheap their old stuff. :)

Andyroo10567
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
No this guy is a pure D-Bag... He always comes over and eats all my food and tells me my little brother did it, makes a mess in my room, and broke my phone a while back.... In turn he does sell me his stuff but he always either takes it back or asks if he can borrow it for a second ..... I'm about done trying to get away from him, he finds ways to sneak in my house and i was like WTF and i realize that i left my backyard door unlocked, I try ignoring him but he still follows me at school.....

BaboFan
12-27-2011, 04:35 PM
No this guy is a pure D-Bag... He always comes over and eats all my food and tells me my little brother did it, makes a mess in my room, and broke my phone a while back.... In turn he does sell me his stuff but he always either takes it back or asks if he can borrow it for a second ..... I'm about done trying to get away from him, he finds ways to sneak in my house and i was like WTF and i realize that i left my backyard door unlocked, I try ignoring him but he still follows me at school.....
It sounds like you need to man up. Tell him to get stuffed. If he sneaks into my house I'd break his racquets the following day or sue him for violation of my private rights.

How do you forget to leave the door unlocked?

Andyroo10567
12-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Letting my dog out to do his business :)

Frankenstine
12-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah, he doesn't seem to be helping out your health too much. Thus, dump him. But nicely.

TheOneHander
12-27-2011, 05:21 PM
he finds ways to sneak in my house and i was like WTF and i realize that i left my backyard door unlocked, I try ignoring him but he still follows me at school.....

http://allcinema.ya1.ru/uploads/posts/2010-01/1264742843_the_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

SoBad
12-27-2011, 07:44 PM

It sounds like he's been a bad boy. Maybe you should punish him - do you have a belt?

MarinaHighTennis
12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
It sounds like he's been a bad boy. Maybe you should punish him - do you have a belt?

^^^^I agree. If only more parents were strong enough to teach their children

Andyroo10567
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Yes, in fact i do have a belt!