PDA

View Full Version : APIA International Sydney

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Will Federer be at this tourna? I would really want to see him play a game.

Never been to a tennis game before. Do they sell racquets cheaper there and do they sell old pro's racquets?

batz
12-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Roger won't be playing Sydney mate, here's who will be there:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Tournaments/Sydney.aspx

Decent field with Delpo and Hewitt.

(BTW the big dogs almost never play a competitive tourney in the week before a slam).

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Well Kvitova is there and so is Woz i think. Woz is boring to watch so im not gonna bother win womens. I might buy a ground pass for $13 and go see Lopez and Del Potro

nadalwon2012
12-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Nadal would win this if he played it.

MAXXply
12-26-2011, 01:01 AM
<groan> Of all the nuff-nuff posters around here and you happen to be from my town. Don't go to the tennis - stick to your X-Box or sandpit.

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 01:10 AM
... you sound mad. Im only gonna get a ground pass and hang there with my friends.

LameTennisPlayer
12-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Never been to Sydney International before, but is it like Kooyong as in pretty easy to get finals tickets on the day? How far is it from the city centre? I'm thinking of heading up there.

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Umm 10 min drive from Airport to Homebush

LameTennisPlayer
12-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Umm 10 min drive from Airport to Homebush

Cool, so its pretty easy to get final tickets on the day?

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 02:15 AM
I don't know im like 15 never been to a tennis game. but i would say book ahead of time because seats will probably be more expensive on the day.

LameTennisPlayer
12-26-2011, 02:23 AM
I don't know im like 15 never been to a tennis game. but i would say book ahead of time because seats will probably be more expensive on the day.

I usually would, but I'm not 100% sure of when Im going to be there, was hoping there wouldnt be any issues with getting tickets on the day, as in booked out.

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 02:36 AM
I dont think so, but there will always be people who bought tickets reselling for a higher price there.

MAXXply
12-26-2011, 04:03 AM
The airport ain't 10mins drive to Homebush. It's more like 45min in smooth traffic. But this is Sydney - allow an hour. Best bet is the train from Central to Olympic Park, approx. 30min journey. Finals tix will usually be available on the day but obviously priced at a premium.

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Are you serious? 45 minutes. How slow do you drive. It will be 15-20 mins tops. He'll probably be taking a taxi which will drive over the speed limit and on the bus lane as well, no way it will take 30 minutes.

Raz11
12-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Are you serious? 45 minutes. How slow do you drive. It will be 15-20 mins tops. He'll probably be taking a taxi which will drive over the speed limit and on the bus lane as well, no way it will take 30 minutes.

Lol you are 15 and can't drive so how would you know if it takes that 20 mins tops. Google maps suggest it would take at least 30 mins with no traffic and anyone who drives through M5 knows it is seriously slow in the the tunnel. So 45 mins is reasonable.

I wish more players came down to Sydney but with it being a week before AO makes it unlikely. You should have gone to the Davis Cup match a few months ago. Watching Federer on old fast grass is priceless along with cheap tickets and the 5th epic rubber, you missed out dude. Don't think he will be coming back here for a long time.

Chyeaah
12-26-2011, 08:49 PM
My dad takes me to homebush like 2-3 times a month, i live in hurstville and it takes 20 minutes to get there. The Airport is roughly the same. And have you seem those speeding taxi's on bus lanes nowadays? they drive like 65-70 on normal streets. Not being racist or anything but only those asian drivers.

But then you needa take into account that the taxis usually use GPS now and take you through the main busy roads, not all the small roads without any traffic on them. So i guess it would take 30 minutes, taking into account the traffic on the day, just hope you dont get a taxi which takes you the longest way possible for more money.

Paul Murphy
12-27-2011, 03:11 AM

Ah, to be that young and enthusiastic again - hope you have a wonderful time kid. :)