PDA

View Full Version : rapid improvement..5.0 to 6.0 in 3 mths...go pro?

pushing_wins
12-28-2011, 12:44 AM
i m 18 yrs old

3mths ago, i couldnt make it through qualifying for the junior finals in my region

last weekend...i lost 3 and 4 to atp 1300 player

should i go pro?

Chyeaah
12-28-2011, 01:35 AM
I would love to see a video.

Pocky
12-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Maybe he didn't play on kill mode.

Chyeaah
12-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Wait, if your 6.0 shouldnt you have a pro coach and a personal trainer and all that crap. why dont you ask them?

tennis_balla
12-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Whats the point of making a thread like this? You're a middle aged guy living in Toronto, trolling by pretending to be 18 years old with pro ambitions. Must of been a slow week for you.

equinox
12-28-2011, 03:40 AM
yes, go pro. lose minimum of 30k year just traveling in your own country.

pushing_wins
12-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Whats the point of making a thread like this? You're a middle aged guy living in Toronto, trolling by pretending to be 18 years old with pro ambitions. Must of been a slow week for you.

you got me, cant get any past you

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4426/129107453978045842.jpg[/URL]

tennis_balla
12-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Well its obviously not obvious to a lot of people in here obviously.
They responded in a serious manner and you obviously were trying to set them up. Obviously this isn't Cheers where everybody knows your name.

Face it, you're just not all that obvious....

arche3
12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
to the OP,
I didn't know you are pretending to be an 18 year old. and its kind of weird and creepy too.

pushing_wins
12-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Well its obviously not obvious to a lot of people in here obviously.
They responded in a serious manner and you obviously were trying to set them up. Obviously this isn't Cheers where everybody knows your name.

Face it, you're just not all that obvious....

come on, u ppl still dont know me by now

anyhow......

in all seriousness.........do you think he can make it? this is a very rare event.

ark_28
12-28-2011, 12:11 PM
pro as in professional where you get paid money to play tennis probably not

pro as in something else where YOU pay money to "play", well that is up to you sir.

tennis_balla
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Who is 'he'? You made the thread and stated "I", that you are 18 and you want to be pro. Then you get called out on it and flip it around? Yea, don't think so chief.

You could of said hypothetically, but you didn't.

b.termite
12-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Who is 'he'? You made the thread and stated "I", that you are 18 and you want to be pro. Then you get called out on it and flip it around? Yea, don't think so chief.

I believe this was meant to be a joke, similar to the thread I posted about playing a 6.0 league match and getting killed yet claiming I was better then the guy. I was simply mocking people on here who actually do say that, pretty sure that's what OP was going for, it was just taken in the wrong way. I could be completely off base though, just my opinion.

pushing_wins
12-29-2011, 01:45 PM

you still dont get it

is this hypothetical or not?

you want to put money on it?

pushing_wins
12-29-2011, 01:47 PM
I believe this was meant to be a joke, similar to the thread I posted about playing a 6.0 league match and getting killed yet claiming I was better then the guy. I was simply mocking people on here who actually do say that, pretty sure that's what OP was going for, it was just taken in the wrong way. I could be completely off base though, just my opinion.

in this case, half-truth

tennis_balla
12-29-2011, 02:52 PM
you still dont get it

is this hypothetical or not?

you want to put money on it?

Sure, $1,000,000

Larrysümmers
12-29-2011, 03:48 PM
where are you going to get your funds for everything? if you have the $ to back it up, go for it, but if not then i would say play money tournaments or try coaching.

tennis_balla
12-29-2011, 03:57 PM
where are you going to get your funds for everything? if you have the $ to back it up, go for it, but if not then i would say play money tournaments or try coaching.

Playing money tournaments still costs money, more then you'll end up winning. Losing proposition and coaching screws up your game and takes time away from your own training.

pushing_wins
12-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Playing money tournaments still costs money, more then you'll end up winning. Losing proposition and coaching screws up your game and takes time away from your own training.

if u think i m bluffing, then he's got a chance.

when my friend told me this, i couldnt believe it. i checked the draws, its real. this kid is a black swan, imo.

pvaudio
12-29-2011, 09:22 PM
This is a very odd thread.

DavaiMarat
12-30-2011, 07:19 AM
This is a prime example of 'if you have to ask the question...then..'

For those who don't know pushing he likes to stir up stuff here in the forum and takes prde in trying to make his threads as long as possible. Doesnt really bother me but some may call 'troll'. Tennisballa is correct that this obviously not him but either a hypothetical situation or someone he is talking about.

The tennis community is tight knit in Toronto, if there were some pro hopefuls we'd hear about them. Popisil, raonic, Nestor, Bester, Polansky, Frank we all saw coming from a mile away. If this hpothetical kid had the goods trust me tennis Canada would be mentoring/training him in Montreal ( not Toronto) and he'd have all the advice he needed already.

pushing_wins
01-02-2012, 07:29 PM
This is a prime example of 'if you have to ask the question...then..'

For those who don't know pushing he likes to stir up stuff here in the forum and takes prde in trying to make his threads as long as possible. Doesnt really bother me but some may call 'troll'. Tennisballa is correct that this obviously not him but either a hypothetical situation or someone he is talking about.

The tennis community is tight knit in Toronto, if there were some pro hopefuls we'd hear about them. Popisil, raonic, Nestor, Bester, Polansky, Frank we all saw coming from a mile away. If this hpothetical kid had the goods trust me tennis Canada would be mentoring/training him in Montreal ( not Toronto) and he'd have all the advice he needed already.

i already admitted that is not me, but this kid does exist.

my longest debates are probably in the odds and ends section on other people threads, not my own thread.

do you own the lastest gear? do you play on the b team? what do you know about tennis in toronto?

Venetian
01-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes go pro immediately. Don't even eat breakfast first, go!

Why are you still here????

GO PRO!!! NOW!!!! GET TO DA CHOPPA!

BigT
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Great thread!

DavaiMarat
01-03-2012, 06:55 AM
i already admitted that is not me, but this kid does exist.

my longest debates are probably in the odds and ends section on other people threads, not my own thread.

do you own the lastest gear? do you play on the b team? what do you know about tennis in toronto?

My whole point is if you have goods, the people will find you. The Ranoics of Canada are quite rare indeed. More realistically, he's probably got good DivI or II potential. Pick a good school, earn a degree in business/law and earn six figures and play tennis for fun. This is what the kid should do.

Latest gear? Have you seen my stuff? Maybe you don't know me. I certainly don't know you, nor took the time to look you up.

Up&comer
01-03-2012, 07:31 AM
This is a very odd thread.

I concur...

maggmaster
01-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Question: If he is a 6.0 is he not already actively pursuing being a pro? If not, how does he know he is a 6.0?

Venetian
01-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Question: If he is a 6.0 is he not already actively pursuing being a pro? If not, how does he know he is a 6.0?

Why must you analyze everything with your relentless logic?!

maggmaster
01-03-2012, 08:04 AM
I apologize :)

pushing_wins
01-03-2012, 12:56 PM
My whole point is if you have goods, the people will find you. The Ranoics of Canada are quite rare indeed. More realistically, he's probably got good DivI or II potential. Pick a good school, earn a degree in business/law and earn six figures and play tennis for fun. This is what the kid should do.

Latest gear? Have you seen my stuff? Maybe you don't know me. I certainly don't know you, nor took the time to look you up.

oh well, wrong about the gear. what about the b team part?

pushing_wins
01-03-2012, 12:57 PM

7 games off a 1200 player and they were both healthy. wouldnt that make you a 6.0?

Venetian
01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
7 games off a 1200 player and they were both healthy. wouldnt that make you a 6.0?

From the USTA website

"The 6.0 player typically has had intensive training for national tournament competition at the junior and collegiate levels and has obtained a sectional and/or national ranking."

If he fits that description then he's a 6.0

DavaiMarat
01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
oh well, wrong about the gear. what about the b team part?

Yeah, I play on my friend bennys b1 team that were trying move to A. Made the final and semifinal last two playoffs.

I also play for the A1 team for Mayfair. I've also won the mixed title at kew with my wife.

So what?.....who cares? Oh....I get it, it's a jab. Sigh...I feel so inadequate...hardly.

Has nothing to do with the uselessness of this thread.

Dude, cyberstalk someone else, maybe tennisballa!? He'll entertain you much more then I would. Careful though, he 'might' hurt your feelings.

mad dog1
01-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Yes go pro immediately. Don't even eat breakfast first, go!

Why are you still here????

GO PRO!!! NOW!!!! GET TO DA CHOPPA!

lol!!! hilarious!

actually, it's "GO PRO!!! NOW!!! RUN!!! RUN TO DA CHOPPA!!! :lol:

pushing_wins
01-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I play on my friend bennys b1 team that were trying move to A. Made the final and semifinal last two playoffs.

I also play for the A1 team for Mayfair. I've also won the mixed title at kew with my wife.

So what?.....who cares? Oh....I get it, it's a jab. Sigh...I feel so inadequate...hardly.

Has nothing to do with the uselessness of this thread.

Dude, cyberstalk someone else, maybe tennisballa!? He'll entertain you much more then I would. Careful though, he 'might' hurt your feelings.

not at all. i play on a b team as well. why would anyone be hurt by such a comment?

balla plays majors. he has hurt my feelings plenty by not hitting with me. but thats understandable.