PDA

View Full Version : Tennis exchange, tour?

ark_28
12-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Hey guys as many of you know I am from England but have spent a lot of time over in the states.

Anyway the club I play at in England is lovely with really nice facilities, there are a few of us who while we play to a decent level (not the greatest but we do ok) we also love tennis and love going to watch it live and just talking about it loads!

A group of us (4-6) would like to come over to the states for a week or 2 and play some matches at a club over there with some guys about our level (roughly) 4.0

It would be an amazing experience and after that we could go watch the tennis in the USA if there is any big event on.

In return we would be more than happy to play a return match or series over at our club in England and would be more than happy to show you London or any events or such like you wanted to see.

If anyone here is interested in the idea of such an exchange or tour please get in touch :)

papa
12-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Hey guys as many of you know I am from England but have spent a lot of time over in the states.

Anyway the club I play at in England is lovely with really nice facilities, there are a few of us who while we play to a decent level (not the greatest but we do ok) we also love tennis and love going to watch it live and just talking about it loads!

A group of us (4-6) would like to come over to the states for a week or 2 and play some matches at a club over there with some guys about our level (roughly) 4.0

It would be an amazing experience and after that we could go watch the tennis in the USA if there is any big event on.

In return we would be more than happy to play a return match or series over at our club in England and would be more than happy to show you London or any events or such like you wanted to see.

If anyone here is interested in the idea of such an exchange or tour please get in touch :)

I think this could be a great idea - what age group are you interested in, gender make up, time of the year, area of this country you'd like to visit (quite large and varied as you probably know), etc. This time of the year, Florida might be a perfect fit although there are certainly other tennis hotspots.

joe sch
12-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Nice idea, especially if it would allow a group of US players the opportunity to play on some grass courts. I have a friend in Orange County, CA who organizes group tennis outings at nice clubs in places like Cabo SL, MX. Most of the players are from nice clubs in the OC, CA area. I bet we could arrange an exchange tour with your group or get you all involved in one of our tennis vacations. Southern CA is a great play to vacation and play tennis, especially at some of the country clubs to the East like Palm Springs, La Quinta, and Indian Wells. May even be nice to arrange the exchange around the time of a big tourney to also allow some tennis spectating. The BNP Paribas Open starts in early March and one of the most popular events in the US, check it out:

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/

BTW, these threads should really be in the Tennis Travel section, would get more interest from tennis travelors

Ballinbob
12-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Hey you guys could over to Colorado if you wanted, I could show you around. Colorado isn't as nice as Cali or Florida right now weather wise, but we have the some of the best skiing sites in the world if you guys are into that. There are plenty of indoor places and there are loads of guys who would be willing to play. Depends on your weather preference though, Cali and Florida are obviously a lot nicer in that respect

ark_28
12-29-2011, 07:57 AM
I think this could be a great idea - what age group are you interested in, gender make up, time of the year, area of this country you'd like to visit (quite large and varied as you probably know), etc. This time of the year, Florida might be a perfect fit although there are certainly other tennis hotspots.

Hey mate thanks for your reply :-) the younger guys in our group are around 23 I am 27 and could well be the oldest but we do have a few guys mid 30's who may be available too!

To be honest age doesnt really bother us, we are decent but are by no means great and we are well aware that alot of the older guys out there play very steady tennis and we could have some good games with, :)

We are a group of Guys!

We hadnt really thought of a destination we are quite open minded! I do have a lot of family over in Miami, so Florida logistically could be quite easy, but anywhere is an option :)

ark_28
12-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Nice idea, especially if it would allow a group of US players the opportunity to play on some grass courts. I have a friend in Orange County, CA who organizes group tennis outings at nice clubs in places like Cabo SL, MX. Most of the players are from nice clubs in the OC, CA area. I bet we could arrange an exchange tour with your group or get you all involved in one of our tennis vacations. Southern CA is a great play to vacation and play tennis, especially at some of the country clubs to the East like Palm Springs, La Quinta, and Indian Wells. May even be nice to arrange the exchange around the time of a big tourney to also allow some tennis spectating. The BNP Paribas Open starts in early March and one of the most popular events in the US, check it out:

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/

BTW, these threads should really be in the Tennis Travel section, would get more interest from tennis travelors

Thanks for the reply :) Tennis in Cali sounds like a dream weather and conditions.

Our club is indoor but we have Frinton on sea near by which has beautiful grass courts and we could take the guys down there!

Ill certainly mention your friend to the guys and feel free to message me!

ark_28
12-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Hey you guys could over to Colorado if you wanted, I could show you around. Colorado isn't as nice as Cali or Florida right now weather wise, but we have the some of the best skiing sites in the world if you guys are into that. There are plenty of indoor places and there are loads of guys who would be willing to play. Depends on your weather preference though, Cali and Florida are obviously a lot nicer in that respect

Hey Bob thanks for the message! and for the invite, thats so awesome! we do love the hot weather escpailly being from England but with that being said, the experience of being abroad playing another bunch of guys who love tennis would be an experience of a lifetime for us!

I have never skied but a lot of the guys do reguarly in Europe and I can see this being something they may like I will mention it to them and once again thank you for the kind invite :)