PDA

View Full Version : show me the way to essential tennis :)

Tonygun
12-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Hi guys! I've a video of my training. Could you help me to improve my game.
Don't throw slippers. :o)
Thanks a lot.

http://youtu.be/WpId_5KURfA

Tonygun
12-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Don't be neutral. Lets comment! %)

ATP100
12-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Ok, you will get a lot of advice with a lot or range. (variety)

Just for fun, watch the video and just look at the net. Look how may balls your partner hits into the net.

Now, look how many you hit into the net, don't make excuses, you hit way way to many there.

I know this sounds crazy, but, just for fun, practice hitting the ball 5 feet long with your partner, you will be amazed how much more consistent you will get, don't worry about the paint on the court when practicing. Also, this doesn't mean hit harder, it means hit higher.

If you want to work on your footwork, practice moving to your right when you hit a forehand and to your left when your hit your backhand.

fruitytennis1
12-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Biggest weakness i saw was that you cough up a weak ball anytime you have to move to the ball on your bh wing

wings56
12-30-2011, 01:52 PM
strokes look fine. i mean obviously not professional perfect but what will advance your game more than getting technical is getting quicker with much better and higher level footwork. technique will come with practice.

WildVolley
12-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Your backhand is an odd looking stroke. When I first started watching without paying much attention I thought you were hitting a two handed backhand because of your setup.

I'd like to see a video taken from the side and closer to see what you are doing on the backhand side. Are you holding an eastern backhand grip? Also, you sometimes hit it with all arm. You need a little more shoulder turn to initiate the swing before slowing the shoulders and letting the arm go.

peoplespeace
01-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Is it correct that u partner is ur coach? It looks like u handle her paced balls better than the one with out pace. U need to be more relaxedin ur hole body so that u can get more "whip" effect in ur fh. Ur gripping the racket too tight. Grip it as a baby bird and only tighten the grip just before contact. That will give u kinetic chain action and easy power, which u dont have now.

If im correct that she is ur coach, then i imagine that ur lessons are basically what we see in the vid. Dont use a coach as a ball machine. Ask for concrete advice and tell her to correct u endlessly untill u got it, then move on to the next flaw etc. Make the coach work for her money!

01-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Don't be neutral. Lets comment! %)

What a nice Bh and strokes look pretty modern overall.
I think you could use the shoulders and off hand more on your Fh, along with
working to receive the ball in better position relative to your body.
U get great position for your Bh, but don't do as well for your Fh.

albesca
01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Good shots..

Only thing I don't like the raquet so low at the end of the take back both bh and fh.

Do you rarely fall into the net but often go long ?