PDA

View Full Version : consistent Forehand

tennisjordan
12-29-2011, 11:22 AM
ok lately im starting to hit better and i think its because im hitting at the shoulder following through but after hitting with my friend and seeing what hes tooken from his private lessons he told be about using my whole body and instead of like i do with keeping a bent elbow he fully extends his arm almost like hes trying to stretch it he said nothing good happens without chest movement can you guys show me a video or give me a tip on this because now that he switched hes able to hit consistent and hard at the same time i really want to get this down befor the season starts will guys help me please

DeShaun
12-29-2011, 11:34 AM
ok lately im starting to hit better and i think its because im hitting at the shoulder following through but after hitting with my friend and seeing what hes tooken from his private lessons he told be about using my whole body and instead of like i do with keeping a bent elbow he fully extends his arm almost like hes trying to stretch it he said nothing good happens without chest movement can you guys show me a video or give me a tip on this because now that he switched hes able to hit consistent and hard at the same time i really want to get this down befor the season starts will guys help me please

I don't offer any video but passage from a book I'm reading which indicates that consistency comes from hitting with only your legs and trunk while using a good degree shoulder-turn, whereas, the power is added by incorporating the arm and wrist into the stroke at some cost, however, to your control.

Dellon
12-29-2011, 11:39 AM
have a look at the link below ... that's a sequence of a few federer forehands ... what it means is that you coil first ( shoulders perpendicular to the net and chest facing the side fence) and then when you uncoil you open up the chest to face the net. this uncoiling initiates your forward swing and your arm is passive at this stage and it will trail (lag) your body. as you want to make contact to the ball you accelerate some more depending on how hard you want to hit the ball. you're friend is right. if you can do this every time you hit the forehand your consistency will go through the roof! go practice this against the wall and think about showing to the side fence what's written on your T-shirt when you coil and then show the wall what's on it when you uncoil... let your arm be passive until right before contact and then accelerate . good luck!

Dellon
12-29-2011, 11:40 AM
sorry forgot the link

http://www.optimumtennis.net/tennis-technique-fundamentals.htm

ho
12-29-2011, 11:47 AM
First you have to state clearly in acceptable English first, not to disrespect you, not at all