Hilarious. LMAO

OddJack
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Muhaha..poor Andy,

cant win in front of his peeps

lim
12-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Haha.

Didn't look like he made contact at the end though.

djokovicgonzalez2010
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Same 1st serve % as usual

wings56
12-29-2011, 05:21 PM
i would have defecated in my pants after the first one.

West Coast Ace
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks for sharing. Good stuff.

rofl_copter3
12-29-2011, 06:07 PM
That is so great, shows how crazy hard it was to make it one time let alone twice in a row in only two attempts...

nikdom
12-29-2011, 06:11 PM
That is so great, shows how crazy hard it was to make it one time let alone twice in a row in only two attempts...

Assuming the Roger video was real. There is no proof it was - its a commercial designed to get lots of views.

nikdom
12-29-2011, 06:12 PM

LOL.

Man, Murray never gets a break on these boards. :)

ben123
12-29-2011, 06:14 PM

sorry for waking you up but federers commercial was a fake. besides this the easter bunny and santa clause are not real either!

Man, Murray never gets a break on these boards.

i like murray very much ;)

tusharlovesrafa
12-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Is The Guy Sitting Between The Orange Chick And The White Shirt Guy Is ANDREW FLINTOFF??am I Right??

Sid_Vicious
12-29-2011, 08:32 PM

LOL! Good one.

Sentinel
12-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Nice one and hilarious.

Andy should have gone for the bloke's nuts :)

Big_Dangerous
12-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Assuming the Roger video was real. There is no proof it was - its a commercial designed to get lots of views.

It probably was real, but you don't know how many attempts it took.

Even the Maestro isn't perfect.

sportsfan1
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
It wasn't a serve motion either, was more like a FH kind of shot.

Mike Sams
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM

Even the Maestro isn't perfect.

It was fake!

sonicare
12-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Is The Guy Sitting Between The Orange Chick And The White Shirt Guy Is ANDREW FLINTOFF??am I Right??

Yes..it is indeed andrew flintoff

purge
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
besides this the easter bunny and santa clause are not real either!

:o
slander and lies!!!

raphMODE
12-29-2011, 11:39 PM
besides this the easter bunny and santa clause are not real either!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbeR6uYxU50

namelessone
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Hilarious vid. Thanks to the OP.

niff
12-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Nice one and hilarious.

Andy should have gone for the bloke's nuts :)
Nobody in the UK would have minded James Corden taking one in the nuts, I promise.

Muzz <3

sonicare
12-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Nobody in the UK would have minded James Corden taking one in the nuts, I promise.

Muzz <3

Oh come on..james corden is hilarious and awesome.

niff
12-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Oh come on..james corden is hilarious and awesome.
Ew.
Do you like Michael Mcintyre too? Oh dear, boy ... :oops:

Feña14
12-30-2011, 02:23 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, Andy!

At least you can do this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjFoCIfyAU

sonicare
12-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Ew.
Do you like Michael Mcintyre too? Oh dear, boy ... :oops:

actually..no..lol. james is super awesome tho

Homeboy Hotel
12-30-2011, 02:37 AM
I saw the whole show and I think he did flippin well considering the Gillette ad was pure advertising and fake!

You have to be pure opportunistic if you think this was a true reflection of Murray hitting a real 1% serve, like someone said, it looked like a bit of a forehand sorta shot.

Wouldn't see any other players doing this?!

Feña14
12-30-2011, 04:36 AM
I saw the whole show and I think he did flippin well considering the Gillette ad was pure advertising and fake!

You have to be pure opportunistic if you think this was a true reflection of Murray hitting a real 1% serve, like someone said, it looked like a bit of a forehand sorta shot.

You're right, it isn't real.

I remember them having Lampard try and kick a ball through 7 glass pannels, as there was a Ronaldo spoof of it.

They aren't real and are doctored, but it's funny seeing them try :)

PhotoBlue
01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Haha thanks op

helloworld
01-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Actually they said it was real, but they later took it back and said they faked it because of negative comments about putting a man's safety at risk.

zcarzach
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
I can't see the bottle-on-the-head trick being real, but I can definitely see Federer (or most any pro for that matter) making at least one through the sunroof of a car, like his Mercedes Benz viral video. Not enough to fill a car, perhaps, but one or two for sure.

Hood_Man
01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Just watching this now, Corden's reaction when Murray starts warming up is hilarious! :lol:

And the mask makes him look like an even creepier sex addicted Hannibal Lecter...

MichaelNadal
01-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Love it, Andy is such a cool guy, hope he wins something big this year.

Docalex007
01-04-2012, 07:30 PM

Most definitely was not real. Has anyone watched the Federer trick shot video in HD? Here's my simple analysis.

a) the room is a trick room with angled "walls" = distorting perspective.
b) notice the wide angle between Federer and the guy with the bottle + cameraman behind him. They are quite obviously far off to the side.
c) notice Federer's body alignment to other objects in the room, notice his gaze after making contact with the ball.

Clearly Federer's serving in large space between the guy with the bottle on his head and the group of men standing to Federer's right. He's serving down the middle. The ball blur trajectory effect was fixed in post-production.

Debunked. :)

https://img.skitch.com/20120105-fh58fqhh4t1a9edyc588x2qkti.jpg

Bergboy123
01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I laughed so hard at that guy :D

helloworld
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I hope it's not real, but my guts is telling me that it was. I just don't see why they would risk bashing a man's face with a tennis ball just to show off Federer's insane skill... People have done crazier things though, like shooting arrow at an apple on a man's head. :)
However, I have no doubt that Federer is more than capable of doing this feat. Sampras could practically hit a small coin with the serve. I'm pretty sure a bottle is a much bigger target than a dime!! :)

nadalwon2012
01-04-2012, 09:36 PM
What exactly is Federer's response when people ask him about the 'trick shot' video?

Russeljones
01-04-2012, 10:03 PM
1) Watching Murray tighten up as others applauded Federer was golden. Boy that guy is the choker of chokers, even when it's all supposed to be fun.

2) Federer is Federer, he could have hit 3 in a row if his time wasn't so precious.

nadalwon2012
01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I remember someone posting here something about Federer not willing to say that his video was for real. So that is why I ask what Federer said.

Lawn Tennis
01-04-2012, 10:35 PM
It was fake!

If they would measure at what distance from the baseline Federer's serve was 6' approx. in height, it would probably only take a dozen or so tries to get the angle right. I'm not saying this was real.. they probably tied fish line to the bottle and pulled it off, but it could be done.

raging
01-04-2012, 11:28 PM

Pat Rafter had a go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXCkiQgSkQQ

Rippy
01-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I remember someone posting here something about Federer not willing to say that his video was for real. So that is why I ask what Federer said.

I remember someone posting he said in an interview that it wouldn't have been safe to do it for real; I can't guarantee that Federer actually said that though.

However, it's pretty obvious the Federer video was fake.

purge
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
it was obviously fake. no one, least of all federer would risk hitting a guy in the eye and seriously injuring him for a commercial shoot. just imagine the bad press for everyone involved if something went wrong. no one would risk that period

aprilfool
01-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Most definitely was not real. Has anyone watched the Federer trick shot video in HD? Here's my simple analysis.

a) the room is a trick room with angled "walls" = distorting perspective.
b) notice the wide angle between Federer and the guy with the bottle + cameraman behind him. They are quite obviously far off to the side.
c) notice Federer's body alignment to other objects in the room, notice his gaze after making contact with the ball.

Clearly Federer's serving in large space between the guy with the bottle on his head and the group of men standing to Federer's right. He's serving down the middle. The ball blur trajectory effect was fixed in post-production.

Debunked. :)

https://img.skitch.com/20120105-fh58fqhh4t1a9edyc588x2qkti.jpg

Not really. The still just proves what we already know: he looks to the right on every serve and only looks at the impact point at the last second.
Besides, a much less gifted player has done a similar trick on ESPN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXkAK_iFBuQ&feature=related

Docalex007
01-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Not really. The still just proves what we already know: he looks to the right on every serve and only looks at the impact point at the last second.
Besides, a much less gifted player has done a similar trick on ESPN.

Look at the photo and look at the distorted perspective due to the odd angles of the room. Federer's body positioning alone gives it away... his serve trajectory is nowhere near the guy with the bottle as he's standing far off to the side.

Maybe it's because I have experience with trick photography that this is overwhelmingly obvious from looking at it.

Docalex007
01-05-2012, 07:12 AM
I hope it's not real, but my guts is telling me that it was. I just don't see why they would risk bashing a man's face with a tennis ball just to show off Federer's insane skill... People have done crazier things though, like shooting arrow at an apple on a man's head. :)

With a bow you have far more accuracy and control over the arrow's trajectory than a tennis ball being hit with a racquet. Serving a tennis ball isn't even comparable to archery in terms of precision possible by the best professionals.

However, I have no doubt that Federer is more than capable of doing this feat.

Yeah, so am I, so are you. We are "capable". Federer's chances of striking the bottle would undoubtedly be higher than ours but even he'd likely have to try several times before success.

Sampras could practically hit a small coin with the serve. I'm pretty sure a bottle is a much bigger target than a dime!! :)

A) hitting a target placed on the ground (in the service box where serves always land anyway) is not the same as having a target set up in mid-air, especially on top of a person where an injury to the face is very high if you are slightly too low.
B) even Sampras wouldn't hit the coin every time... I'd say his chances were more 50/50.

PrinceMoron
01-05-2012, 07:14 AM
It was fake, you can William Tell.

Docalex007
01-05-2012, 07:14 AM
2) Federer is Federer, he could have hit 3 in a row if his time wasn't so precious.

Wrong. Hope you were joking.

aprilfool
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Look at the photo and look at the distorted perspective due to the odd angles of the room. Federer's body positioning alone gives it away... his serve trajectory is nowhere near the guy with the bottle as he's standing far off to the side.

Maybe it's because I have experience with trick photography that this is overwhelmingly obvious from looking at it.

As do I. They would not have gone through all of the trouble (and time) of making everyone on set act like it was real in addition to all of the post-editing while leaving a glaring error. His serving position is just like it is in the practice video link I supplied.
There are equally compelling videos that support the notion that it was not fake.

People are split on it. Many believe it, and many believe he could do it but would not risk injuring someone.
I've seen him casually hit more impressive shots to the ball kids standing cross-court and against the wall...

The injury factor is greatly exaggerated. Losing an eye or sustaining a broken nose from a tennis ball would be a rare event. It's happened, but the cases are tiny relative to all of the uninjured players who've been hit in the face with a rubber ball over the years.

Note the reaction of the guy just to the right of the target person ( his left) in these two stills:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4904826886_01297aae28_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4904828254_41695eac38_b.jpg

Open them in two windows and watch them in quick succession and watch his head. That's darn good acting and timing.

Agassi-Fan
01-05-2012, 11:30 AM
That was a great video. I dont know if the Fed clip was real or not, but it doesn't suprise me that Fed make everything like super easy.

Fed should just start playing his matches in a suit, this way he won't need to change before he hits the town for his dinner date.

813wilson
01-05-2012, 11:37 AM
^^^^
Now that you've brought it up.....

the acting and timing is a bit off in your pics.

if the guy on the left of the group is doing a good job, the guy kneeling on the right is doing a horrrible job.

Not real and never was.

Ask yourself this, and listen to the beginning of the commercial having a random conversation about Hawkeye - "What I usually try to do is show them this trick I do because everybody asks me about it....."

Well, if it's something he does on a regular basis, why haven't we seen it before....?

Docalex007
01-05-2012, 08:17 PM
As do I. They would not have gone through all of the trouble (and time) of making everyone on set act like it was real in addition to all of the post-editing while leaving a glaring error. His serving position is just like it is in the practice video link I supplied.
There are equally compelling videos that support the notion that it was not fake.

People are split on it. Many believe it, and many believe he could do it but would not risk injuring someone.
I've seen him casually hit more impressive shots to the ball kids standing cross-court and against the wall...

The injury factor is greatly exaggerated. Losing an eye or sustaining a broken nose from a tennis ball would be a rare event. It's happened, but the cases are tiny relative to all of the uninjured players who've been hit in the face with a rubber ball over the years.

Note the reaction of the guy just to the right of the target person ( his left) in these two stills:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4904826886_01297aae28_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4904828254_41695eac38_b.jpg

Open them in two windows and watch them in quick succession and watch his head. That's darn good acting and timing.

a) Those screenshots are pointless. Of course the ball blur will be perfectly timed with the bottle being knocked off. That's obviously one of, if not the most important element to get right for believability. I think they deleted the original ball blur and created a new one.

b) As for the body positioning.... no. If you re-watch the videos of Federer serving that you linked to, you'll notice that Federer's shoulders are only angled a few degrees off from the serve target area. In the trick video.. the angle is greater, suggesting he served to the right of the bottle, i.e. down the middle of the room.

c) Besides, look at the power and speed of the serve he hit... the tiniest of errors would land the ball square in the poor dude's face and leave him in lots of pain or worse. Federer nor any other pro would dare risk dishing out serious injury like that all for the sake of showing off.

d) Plus... you can tell people on the set are acting. The guy with the bottle, Alex was his name I believe, he is a poor actor and isn't natural at all... the way he keeps dropping the bottle off his head. It's acting. The group of men... acting. The kneeling man who tosses the tennis ball at Federer (too high, forcing Federer to go chase it... scripted, awkward, not natural at all) for his second shot. They clearly put that in there to make it appear natural and unscripted... although it has the opposite appearance to the trained eye.

Federer is incredibly skilled and accurate with hitting tennis balls to ball boys/girls. I've seen it. But his accuracy would be nowhere near good enough to hit a bottle off a guy's head like this consistently. Maybe 2-3 times out of 10 attempts. You saw it with Murray... a tennis pro just doesn't have the control and precision when hitting it so hard.

purge
01-05-2012, 10:37 PM
what people always seem to mix up is this:

the fact that the video was fake (and it was ppl.. get over it. no one would risk the bad press if something went wrong. that would just be the dumbest thing ever) does not mean that fed COULD NOT do this. like others have said if youd actually let fed try this he may well hit a couple out of 10 or 20 tries. but that doesnt make the video real.

lots of ppl are like "it has to be real, ive seen federer hit with so much precision" or "what? you say its fake? you dont think rog can do this?" but thats not the point. even if he can it doesnt mean the video cant be fake still. and thats what it is

Rippy
01-05-2012, 10:40 PM

the fact that the video was fake (and it was ppl.. get over it. no one would risk the bad press if something went wrong. that would just be the dumbest thing ever) does not mean that fed COULD NOT do this. like others have said if youd actually let fed try this he may well hit a couple out of 10 or 20 tries. but that doesnt make the video real.

lots of ppl are like "it has to be real, ive seen federer hit with so much precision" or "what? you say its fake? you dont think rog can do this?" but thats not the point. even if he can it doesnt mean the video cant be fake still. and thats what it is

This... I honestly can't believe people still debate this. Federer would not risk smacking a tennis ball that hard in someone's face.

Docalex007
01-06-2012, 07:16 AM
This... I honestly can't believe people still debate this. Federer would not risk smacking a tennis ball that hard in someone's face.

Of course not. I'm just debating to convince others of this! Besides, I'd rather debate the evidence... which is in the video. Federer not being crazy enough to risk bad press (injuring someone on set) for the sake of an advert or showing off is NOT evidence. Hence why I've pointed out the acting, trick photography and post-processing that's readily apparent in the video.

jackson vile
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
What was up with the multiple balls on the ground by his feet, kinda strange and unsafe?

a) Those screenshots are pointless. Of course the ball blur will be perfectly timed with the bottle being knocked off. That's obviously one of, if not the most important element to get right for believability. I think they deleted the original ball blur and created a new one.

b) As for the body positioning.... no. If you re-watch the videos of Federer serving that you linked to, you'll notice that Federer's shoulders are only angled a few degrees off from the serve target area. In the trick video.. the angle is greater, suggesting he served to the right of the bottle, i.e. down the middle of the room.

c) Besides, look at the power and speed of the serve he hit... the tiniest of errors would land the ball square in the poor dude's face and leave him in lots of pain or worse. Federer nor any other pro would dare risk dishing out serious injury like that all for the sake of showing off.

d) Plus... you can tell people on the set are acting. The guy with the bottle, Alex was his name I believe, he is a poor actor and isn't natural at all... the way he keeps dropping the bottle off his head. It's acting. The group of men... acting. The kneeling man who tosses the tennis ball at Federer (too high, forcing Federer to go chase it... scripted, awkward, not natural at all) for his second shot. They clearly put that in there to make it appear natural and unscripted... although it has the opposite appearance to the trained eye.

Federer is incredibly skilled and accurate with hitting tennis balls to ball boys/girls. I've seen it. But his accuracy would be nowhere near good enough to hit a bottle off a guy's head like this consistently. Maybe 2-3 times out of 10 attempts. You saw it with Murray... a tennis pro just doesn't have the control and precision when hitting it so hard.

Rippy
01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Of course not. I'm just debating to convince others of this! Besides, I'd rather debate the evidence... which is in the video. Federer not being crazy enough to risk bad press (injuring someone on set) for the sake of an advert or showing off is NOT evidence. Hence why I've pointed out the acting, trick photography and post-processing that's readily apparent in the video.

Your posts were interesting; I was criticising the people who still actually think it was real.

coolhandluke
01-06-2012, 02:23 PM
andy was obviously aiming high so that he would not hit him! you can tell by his follow through.

Fedex
01-06-2012, 03:09 PM

You think losing an eye from a ball smacked point blank at over 100 mph against your eyeball would be a rare event?
I'd say that about 9 times out of 10 you'd sustain, at least, serious and permanent eye damage.
The can was only a few inches from the eyes.

aprilfool
01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
You think losing an eye from a ball smacked point blank at over 100 mph against your eyeball would be a rare event?
I'd say that about 9 times out of 10 you'd sustain, at least, serious and permanent eye damage.
The can was only a few inches from the eyes.

Actually, it's no that rare. I'm sure there are a gazillion cases of doubles players getting hit in the face at short range. Have you ever played baseball? (baseball-not softball) Now THAT is a seriously dangerous game.
Perhaps I am just jaded...

aprilfool
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM

Well, in a way that is the point and the reason why the video went viral and continues to be debated. That is the genius of it. It would not have been debatable with any one but Federer, imo.

I feel badly for Murray.
Being asked to try to replicate the original trick had the immediate effect of validating the original while making it seem like only Roger could pull off such a feat, even if it was fake.... He really did look uncomfortable with the whole bit of it and he couldn't really just say "Sod it, why are you asking me to do something that didn't happen?".

aprilfool
01-06-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k03AtI6VBRs&feature=watch_response

So much for so-called expert opinions...

Docalex007
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
What was up with the multiple balls on the ground by his feet, kinda strange and unsafe?

Huh? You mean the balls rolling around at his (the bottle guy's) feet near the end of the video which the cameraman shows in order to increase believability?

What about it? How is it unsafe? This is a controlled environment. It's not unsafe because it's not real.

Docalex007
01-06-2012, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k03AtI6VBRs&feature=watch_response

So much for so-called expert opinions...

You're frustrated. We get it. You've now resorted to clutching at anything that could serve (excuse the pun) to corroborate your belief. This video is not it, I can assure you. The only thing this video demonstrates is that it's possible to hit a target with a serve. We all knew that already.

It's OK to be one of those people who wants to and is inclined to believe in something great like this but you have to weigh the evidence. The video is, to me, clearly a fake. The more I watch it the more obvious the whole setup is. Even the cameraman's movements are blatantly scripted.

When Federer tells everyone they should stand back, for example. Many Federer fans should immediately notice the rigidity and unnatural intonation in his voice. Clearly an actor. And how the camera's movements are seamlessly synced with the action/dialogue, on top of everything else.

This is amazing, too (Beckham kicking footballs on the beach) ... outstanding accuracy and skill. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvRv2mnYLU

aprilfool
01-06-2012, 10:29 PM
You're frustrated. We get it. You've now resorted to clutching at anything that could serve (excuse the pun) to corroborate your belief. This video is not it, I can assure you. The only thing this video demonstrates is that it's possible to hit a target with a serve. We all knew that already.

It's OK to be one of those people who wants to and is inclined to believe in something great like this but you have to weigh the evidence. The video is, to me, clearly a fake. The more I watch it the more obvious the whole setup is. Even the cameraman's movements are blatantly scripted.

When Federer tells everyone they should stand back, for example. Many Federer fans should immediately notice the rigidity and unnatural intonation in his voice. Clearly an actor. And how the camera's movements are seamlessly synced with the action/dialogue, on top of everything else.

This is amazing, too (Beckham kicking footballs on the beach) ... outstanding accuracy and skill. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvRv2mnYLU

Clutching at straws? How's this: " Federer fans should immediately notice the rigidity and unnatural intonation in his voice. Clearly an actor."

I must point out that you haven't debunked the video. Your "proof" is a matter of your own opinion. And that's ok! It's a good thing to have an intelligent opinion. What gets my goat (excuse the pun) is that people like your self think that this is such an incredible feat that it cannot be real. Some people just cannot accept that there are gifted people who can do things that they themselves cannot. Its ok. Its the ego, and we all have one. Perhaps I'll believe its fake when either Roger or another pro tennis player states that it is not.
(when Roger said that a magician never reveals his tricks he was most likely regarding the simple physics that made the trick's success a near given. Clue: serving arcs) It is a trick, but not a video trick as you believe. Still, it's a trick that requires talent. And a bit of simple logic.

It could be fake, but I have seen nothing that proves that it is. And I am not alone. :) (enter the chorus of rude insults from skeptics)

I have already uploaded a video of somebody else doing essentially the same trick. Again, physics, talent, serving arcs and distance.

I do agree that Roger's acting is not very good. :)

Fedex
01-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Actually, it's no that rare. I'm sure there are a gazillion cases of doubles players getting hit in the face at short range. Have you ever played baseball? (baseball-not softball) Now THAT is a seriously dangerous game.
Perhaps I am just jaded...

A tennis ball is bad enough but a hard baseball or cricket ball?! Doesn't bear thinking about.
Back to the Federer stint. It's different because you have a guy standing unprotected, at practically point blank range, not allowed to react, and a very fast eye socket sized tennis ball being blasted, deliberately, inches from his eyes.
Risk of burst eye ball - high.
I certainly wouldn't do it for real.

sonicare
01-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Just came back to my original thread...

WTF is going on here? Some of you actually think the federer video was real? are you people stupid?

Sentinel
01-07-2012, 12:43 AM

WTF is going on here? Some of you actually think the federer video was real? are you people stupid?
You mean it wasn't real ? :confused:

sbengte
01-07-2012, 12:47 AM
When Federer tells everyone they should stand back, for example. Many Federer fans should immediately notice the rigidity and unnatural intonation in his voice. Clearly an actor.

Boy ! Some of you Fed fans know your hero so well, you can interpret things from the tone of his voice. Amazing !

Fedex
01-07-2012, 01:49 AM

WTF is going on here? Some of you actually think the federer video was real?

It was a real fake.

aphex
01-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Its about as real as this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JUUaPqt71s&feature=fvst

Docalex007
01-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Clutching at straws? How's this: " Federer fans should immediately notice the rigidity and unnatural intonation in his voice. Clearly an actor."

That's wasn't clutching, that was a supplementary point adding to the 10+ points that I'd already made about the video's lack of authenticity. Clutching means something else. :)

OK, there's no point in carrying on this discussion as your entire post was dedicated to arguing that the video could be real and that it could have happened. Again, not disagreeing with you. But in my eyes, the video is clearly a fake production. You aren't sure it is. So, let's leave it at that. :)

What do you think about this Roger Federer viral video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCobDz7aec

I love it. :D

Docalex007
01-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Boy ! Some of you Fed fans know your hero so well, you can interpret things from the tone of his voice. Amazing !

Well by that I meant that it was assumed Fed fans will have listened to many of his interviews, press conferences, etc because all you need here is to be familiar with someone's normal speech patterns.

Ask a non-actor type to act out something and their adopted intonation (rise and fall of pitch) will deviate from their typical intonation. Either exaggerated or it will deviate completely.

In the case of Federer in commercials or whenever his role is scripted, his intonational change is predominately one of exaggeration.

jackson vile
01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Huh? You mean the balls rolling around at his (the bottle guy's) feet near the end of the video which the cameraman shows in order to increase believability?

What about it? How is it unsafe? This is a controlled environment. It's not unsafe because it's not real.

Good point, can't really disagree with that.

aprilfool
01-07-2012, 03:18 PM
OK, there's no point in carrying on this discussion as your entire post was dedicated to arguing that the video could be real and that it could have happened. Again, not disagreeing with you. But in my eyes, the video is clearly a fake production. You aren't sure it is. So, let's leave it at that. :)

What do you think about this Roger Federer viral video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCobDz7aec

I love it. :D

I'm good with that. lol
Thanks,
And thanks for sharing the link. The ending is very funny. :)

PrinceMoron
01-09-2012, 11:26 PM
If Princess Beatrice is wearing that hat in the royal box at Wimbledon, she might be in a few players' sights. I might have a try myself with one of those big autograph balls.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52695000/jpg/_52695964_011864760-1.jpg