PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...even remotely...that Nadal may have tanked all 6 finals to Djoker?

Mike Sams
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
I think it could be possible because if Nadal had won all 6 finals against Djokovic, that would mean Nadal would've had to defend Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Madrid, Rome, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the U.S Open.
So basically Nadal would've had to defend 5 Masters and 3 Slams in 2012 and a gazillion points and in doing so, could jeopardize his health in the long term.

So maybe Nadal decided to let Djokovic have the #1 ranking so that Nadal could take 2011 a little bit easier and then just win everything in 2012.

Maybe Nadal was upset after losing the AO in 2011 and missing the chance to do a Rafa Slam that maybe he couldn't be bothered with the rest of the season and decided to tank everything and do only enough to keep a top 2 ranking?

Sentinel
12-29-2011, 10:17 PM
This may sound stupid but I don't think so.

Actually, after deeper thought and meditation I think that, ... after losing AO, he decided to tank the rest of the year, so he cd keep his mental and physical strength, and humour for 2012 when he would wipe the floors with Noel and Rogi.

Nole fell for it, poor chap. Now NOle can barely get the ball in the court at AbDab.

Povl Carstensen
12-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Not even remotely

pvaudio
12-29-2011, 10:22 PM
This is easily the worst ******* thread ever posted. Tanking grand slam and masters finals....because of worries of defending points for the next year. It is completely irrelevant if he needs to defend them the next year. It's not like winning the tournament the next year is going to be any easier if you throw a match so that you don't have to do what, be as successful as you can be? So you purposely hamper your place in history so that you can have an easier time a year from then. You must be joking.

FlashFlare11
12-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Are you being serious? I can't tell.

Even though Djokovic won all their finals, they were still FINALS that Nadal has to defend. I doubt Nadal would go to the trouble of getting to three huge finals on his worst surface just to lose them so that he doesn't have to defend them.

Nadal doesn't have much to gain, ranking points-wise, from Australia to Toronto. He actually has quite a bit to lose. An early exit from just a couple of these tournaments could set him back a long way in taking the top ranking from Novak.

monfed
12-29-2011, 11:25 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_REkgXByDyuU/S6oedAOQteI/AAAAAAAAGlI/KwD2f-zC9eU/s1600/impliedfacepalm-ba.jpg

namelessone
12-29-2011, 11:25 PM
I think it could be possible because if Nadal had won all 6 finals against Djokovic, that would mean Nadal would've had to defend Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Madrid, Rome, Roland Garros, Wimbledon, and the U.S Open.
So basically Nadal would've had to defend 5 Masters and 3 Slams in 2012 and a gazillion points and in doing so, could jeopardize his health in the long term.

So maybe Nadal decided to let Djokovic have the #1 ranking so that Nadal could take 2011 a little bit easier and then just win everything in 2012.

Maybe Nadal was upset after losing the AO in 2011 and missing the chance to do a Rafa Slam that maybe he couldn't be bothered with the rest of the season and decided to tank everything and do only enough to keep a top 2 ranking?

A long con? :)

aphex
12-29-2011, 11:41 PM
The nadal is undefeated when he wins.

M Dean
12-29-2011, 11:47 PM
is there any deeper purpose behind the massive inflation of nadal threads?

namelessone
12-29-2011, 11:48 PM

People are bored until AO.

PCXL-Fan
12-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Maybe he will decide to take a 2 years break and in 2012 lose more finals to Djokovic!

Justin think about it. Then Nadal could come back in 2013 and beat burnt out Djokovic 6-2,6-1-6-1 in a dozen encounters that future year.

rrito
12-30-2011, 12:33 AM

Nadal mustve been a very sneaky plotter and good actor to pull ^ off

ThoughtCrime
12-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Yep, his plan was to "hurt" Djokovic rather than win immediately to set up future more prestigious victories. CYGS 2012 for Rafa, VAMOS!

Sentinel
12-30-2011, 12:53 AM
People are bored until AO.
Shamelessly bored, no ? ;)

Tony48
12-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Seriously OP you need to be banned.

purge
12-30-2011, 02:13 AM
oh sure.. why not

beast of mallorca
12-30-2011, 02:17 AM
"Is it possible...even remotely...that Nadal may have tanked all 6 finals to Djoker? "

Is it possible that in his hate for Rafa, the OP has taken some prohibited stuff ?.........hmmmm kind of makes me wonder

Homeboy Hotel
12-30-2011, 02:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6Yb8r.gif

Have you see the intensity he tries to play at hitting his forehand? OP, two things:

1. Please tell me what you are smoking, it must be something strong.
2. Report your own post and hand yourself in to the moderators

The points gap between finals and winning the tournament are not that big. If he REALLY wanted to tank then why would he play to hard to get to the finals, trumping Murray so many times who would've actually given Djokovic real competition? I do not understand your opportunistic logic.

syc23
12-30-2011, 02:57 AM
If rafa wanted to tank, why not lose his 3 SFs against Murray so Djoker can beat the Scot to save himself the embarrassment of losing 6 straight finals?

Crisstti
12-30-2011, 07:01 AM
This is easily the worst ******* thread ever posted. Tanking grand slam and masters finals....because of worries of defending points for the next year. It is completely irrelevant if he needs to defend them the next year. It's not like winning the tournament the next year is going to be any easier if you throw a match so that you don't have to do what, be as successful as you can be? So you purposely hamper your place in history so that you can have an easier time a year from then. You must be joking.

Mike Sams isn't a Rafa fan.

I really doubt he's being serious... in fact, I'm just gonna assume he isn't.

mattennis
12-30-2011, 07:19 AM

Is it possible...even remotely....that you are not trolling? Is it possible...that you are just dumb?

DRII
12-30-2011, 07:57 AM

Obsessive hate can lead to such things!

decades
12-30-2011, 07:58 AM

very likely. in fact I will go a step further. Nadal has won 10 GS and I believe he tanked every final. But still won. That's how good he is.

_maxi
12-30-2011, 08:09 AM
I wonder why he would "have to defend" all those titles. Is it obligatory to win it again? no. So? Yes, he would lose points if he didn't defend all the next year, but is not necessary to win everything to remain top 1, winning all those titles you name, defending only half, and winning some other that he didn't win last year, would make him retain the number 1 spot.

Sentinel
12-30-2011, 08:12 AM
very likely. in fact I will go a step further. Nadal has won 10 GS and I believe he tanked every final. But still won. That's how good he is.
Yeah, because Fred out-tanked him.:)

tusharlovesrafa
12-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Yeah, because Fred out-tanked him.:)

Actually fed out-submarined him..

Sentinel
12-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Is it possible...even remotely....that you are not trolling? Is it possible...^ EVEN REMOTELY ^ that you are just dumb?

Just touched up your otherwise excellent post. :D

kragster
12-30-2011, 08:49 AM

Be more careful before you make generalizations, OP is not a Rafa fan by a long shot. The problem with this forum is folks jumping to conclusions, based on pre-biases.

For example, you might say "Rafa fans are nuts, why are there so many Rafa threads, Fed fans don't have so many Fed threads". Then when you further inspect, you will see that 80% of Rafa threads are created by those who are NOT rafa fans.

Hitman
12-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Well considering the guys that Nole has been hanging around with in the off season, I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa and everyone else starts tanking finals in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rkdTcQLwZ4

DjokovicForTheWin
12-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Be more careful before you make generalizations, OP is not a Rafa fan by a long shot. The problem with this forum is folks jumping to conclusions, based on pre-biases.

For example, you might say "Rafa fans are nuts, why are there so many Rafa threads, Fed fans don't have so many Fed threads". Then when you further inspect, you will see that 80% of Rafa threads are created by those who are NOT rafa fans.

Interesting how renard posts always contain contradictions.

tusharlovesrafa
12-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Interesting how renard posts always contain contradictions.

who are re*****??

Mike Sams
12-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Well considering the guys that Nole has been hanging around with in the off season, I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa and everyone else starts tanking finals in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rkdTcQLwZ4

:lol: They got Van Damme and Chuck Norris for this movie! Awesome!!! :)

Love the YouTube comments!

Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.

In his living room Chuck Norris owns a bear rug, but the bear isn't dead. it's just too scared to move.

Hitman
12-30-2011, 12:32 PM
:lol: They got Van Damme and Chuck Norris for this movie! Awesome!!! :)

Love the YouTube comments!

Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.

In his living room Chuck Norris owns a bear rug, but the bear isn't dead. it's just too scared to move.

That movie is just going to be insane! I was waiting for Novaks name to come up. :)

Yeah, those YouTube Chuck Norris comments are hilarious.

When Chuck Norris does a push up, he doesn't really push up...he pushes the world down

passive_aggressive
12-30-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't like your thread titles.

"is it REALLY/this might be stupid, but could it be/there might be a *remote* chance...etc..."

Sounds like some annoying, timid schoolboy.

And OP's intentions to start Nadal bashing are blatantly obvious, he's a *********.

PCXL-Fan
01-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Actually fed out-submarined him..

I think you mean out U-boated Nadal; torpedoing himself.

He may be Swiss German and not German German, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have some primordial DNA that connects him on a deep level with the U-boat like it is with every German German.

I look into the eyes of any german including Hasselhoff and i see u boats glistening in their eyes.

NadalAgassi
01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
The threads on planet TW get dumber with each passing day.

sureshs
01-04-2012, 04:01 PM
The nadal is undefeated when he wins.

I think he is invincible till he loses.

And he is the best in the world when he is #1.

Not to mention that whenever he loses, he is injured.

But when he wins, he may or may not be injured.

Outbeyond
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM
To suggest Nadal would tank all six matches...LOL!!!

No, he didn't tank 'em. He LOST them! Get over it. To suggest otherwise is to imply he's unethical and calculating. A large part of Nadal's charm and persona is that he's, in fact, a very straightforward guy with little to hide.

He will often be the first to point out when he's not up to par. He will often be the first to acknowledge, to his fans' anguish, that he's trying his best but just didn't have the goods in any particular match...

I believe him. And I accept him for these failings. And I know he has the talent to overcome them if he analyzes what he's doing wrong and makes amends.

rafaelnadalfan1234
01-04-2012, 06:21 PM
no thats ridiculous. i dont agree when people say nadal tanked or was destroyed by djokovic. He lost a tough match in indian wells and he was two points from winning in miami. Then as the season progressed and he lost confidence the matches were worse, he has the ability to beat djokovic its just a matter of having the confidence and playing the big points better

DjokovicForTheWin
01-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Nadal only has the ability to beat Djokovic if Djokovic is not at his best or injured.