PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from injury...how to resist temptation to play?

James Brown
04-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Im sitting out a bicep/elbow injury, got to the point where i couldnt hold the racquet anymore...scary stuff.. anyway...how do you guys resist the temptation to go out and play, even if youre screwed up? I want to play really badly and ive only been sitting out 2 days....HELP! heh

PHSTennis
04-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Me, I watch ATP play... that puts me to sleep somethings.. they are cheap on ****, oh you might want to try the Xbox game TopSpin... that gets me through hard times ( just sundays, i play 6 days a week) ... I know how it fells.. I was dieing (DURING SPRING BREAK!) and I wasnt even injured... got get yourself an Xbox if you dont have one and get TopSpin!! :P

Frodo Baggins
04-29-2004, 06:35 PM
To resist playing -Put a rubber band around your wrist when you feel the urge to play snap the band. that will stop you from going on the courts. when you can't stand the pain of it being snapped...

i.Radical
04-30-2004, 12:30 PM
It's even harder if you're playing for a school team...

Simbah2004
05-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Think long-term and listen to your body with care. That's what my doctor and physioterapist have told me.
I kept playing in pain for several weeks until my shoulder gave up on me. I will be fully recovered and stronger, but If I had persisted I would cause permanent damage to my shoulder and would eventually have to quit playing tennis.

Phil
05-13-2004, 05:02 PM
If I can't hold the racquet with my right hand, I don't play. It's a pretty simple formula, man.