PDA

View Full Version : Haas vs Rios at AO, was it good?

Tenny
07-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi all,

simple question. I like Haas and many say Rios was unbelievable. I found a match between these two at AO. Was it a good match? Did they play their best? Otherwise, what matches can you recommend for these players? When was their prime time?

Thanks in advance!

TENNY

Shaolin
07-17-2005, 02:06 PM
It was awesome. I have a large collection of Rios matches on DVD since he's my favorite player. During the Haas/Rios match they (ESPN) show highlights of Rios in the early rounds, hitting his behind the back return of serve vs Alberto Martin and winning the point. Amazing. If anyone is interested in this match or others just let me know. michaelmoses15@hotmail.com

Tenny
07-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi Sholin

I never watched Rios or Arazi. Can you describe their style? Is there any good match of them in your collection?

Shaolin
07-17-2005, 06:13 PM
I have a lot of Rios matches (theyre all great) and some Arazi. I have Arazi vs Federer and Arazi vs Haas which is incmplete but amazing footage.

Rios and Arazi were similar in styles: Lefty, around 5' 9" tall, awesome shotmakers, not super hard workers but extremely talented. Obviously Rios got farther (#1 in the world, tons of titles, AO final etc). Rios could do anything, take the ball early, great movement, hit shots you have never thought of. I think hes like a cross between McEnroe and Federer, with the attitude of a ****ed off Safin.

ATXtennisaddict
07-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Whatever happened to Rios?

Max G.
07-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Whatever happened to Rios?

The short answer is "injuries."

The longer answer would involve the questionable motivation and work ethic and mental things.

AJK1
07-17-2005, 07:40 PM
He wasn't as good as he thought he was, got dispirited and gave up.