PDA

View Full Version : Completley not in form

Castiel
01-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Hello everybody, I used to play tennis *unconsistently* for like 3 years, It's just a hobby of mine so I don't take it profesionaly.
In summer vacation I played tennis 3 times a week and I became very good
However after not playing for aprox 4 months, I gotta tell you, I just suck!
I mean, I could barely hit more than 3 forehands in a row, 80% of my shots hit the frame of the racquet, It's like I never played tennis before. :oops:
Dunno its a little depresing, because I think I was a legit 4.0 NTRP player and could hit some big forehands and nice backhands but today, NOTHING!! nothing worked really..
I was just wondering how long would it take for me to recover and start hitting my shots more consistently.. could it be matter of days? weeks? months?
Thanks

chewy
01-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Hello everybody, I used to play tennis *unconsistently* for like 3 years, It's just a hobby of mine so I don't take it profesionaly.
In summer vacation I played tennis 3 times a week and I became very good
However after not playing for aprox 4 months, I gotta tell you, I just suck!
I mean, I could barely hit more than 3 forehands in a row, 80% of my shots hit the frame of the racquet, It's like I never played tennis before. :oops:
Dunno its a little depresing, because I think I was a legit 4.0 NTRP player and could hit some big forehands and nice backhands but today, NOTHING!! nothing worked really..
I was just wondering how long would it take for me to recover and start hitting my shots more consistently.. could it be matter of days? weeks? months?
Thanks

i believe tennis is like riding a bike. i think u'll be back to where u were in about 1 month with consistent play. As long as your eye-hand coordination is back then u should be good =) (assuming your hitting form is still there) Welcome back to tennis buddy =)

TheIrrefutableOne
01-02-2012, 05:19 AM
it takes 10 seconds to fix, you are moving your head as you hit the ball .... focus on seeing the seems of the ball, as opposed to the shot you are about to hit, this should help keep your head still