PDA

View Full Version : Help, Mentally weak.

nextbigbigthing1
01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Hello all.
I am a national level player, who wants to be pro.
I have a complete technical game, and can hit all groundstroke shots well, but my serve and volley are my weaknesses.
When i play a match (especially against someone who WINS point), i go into a defensive mode, where when i have the opportunity to control the point, i jsut hit it straight back, even though i could finish the point off.
In terms of softball its like i bunt it ,when i have the game to hit it out of the park.
its like im scared of winning.
And i also always lose focus, like i get distracted about what people will say if i win or lose, and dont play point by point.
Please help, i have all the game , but mentally im crap.
A bit like Murray , some would say .
Any advice is much appreciated .

kbz
01-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Sounds to me like you know what needs to be done. I have no particular advice to give, but good luck... I hope you figure it out!

Mick
01-01-2012, 05:11 PM
sounds like another prank to me :)

TheIrrefutableOne
01-02-2012, 05:13 AM

I agree, why would a pro seek advice from amateurs ?

kiteboard
01-02-2012, 07:57 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=6187758&postcount=2988
and post 2989, 2970. Also use pro equipment and string jobs.

Bobby Jr
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I have a complete technical game, and can hit all groundstroke shots well, but my serve and volley are my weaknesses.
If your serve is a weakness then you don't have a complete technical game.

A serve should be a shot which you are on top of - i.e. you always serve knowing you are in control of what happens. You should be able to confidently serve to either side and, in practice, make dozens of 2nd serves in a row without missing.

Aiming to get your serve to this level will give you a heap more confidence in the rest of your game. If you ever find yourself thinking "I hope this serve goes in" then you need to work on it - and making your 2nd serve dependable in any situation - in a 3rd hour of a match, against a good returner, when the sun is in your eyes, in the wind etc.

BaboFan
01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Hello all.
I am a national level player, who wants to be pro.
When i play a match (especially against someone who WINS point), i go into a defensive mode, where when i have the opportunity to control the point, i jsut hit it straight back, even though i could finish the point off.
In terms of softball its like i bunt it ,when i have the game to hit it out of the park.
its like im scared of winning.
And i also always lose focus, like i get distracted about what people will say if i win or lose, and dont play point by point.
Please help, i have all the game , but mentally im crap.
A bit like Murray , some would say .
Any advice is much appreciated .
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=398223
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=401351

If you are a national player you would know this. Perhaps you are someone who signs themselves up for an Open to get that 1 star status?

DeShaun
01-02-2012, 04:15 PM

Yeah, I'm with Mick. This thread is complete flame.