PDA

View Full Version : The Legs in the Serve

Spring Pools
01-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Question about the use of legs in the serve. I noticed that most pros start their serve with their legs farther apart and then move their back leg forward. I was wondering why that is and what it does for your serve. I know that some pros don't move their back leg forward (like fed and dimitrov).

rkelley
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Look up pinpoint stance and platform stance. There have been many posts about this.

ThoughtCrime
01-02-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.fuzzyyellowballs.com/video-tennis-lessons/serve/advanced-serve-technique/the-various-serve-stances/

Spring Pools
01-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks (10 char)

super-cool-guy-96
01-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Watch Andy Roddick serve. Good Form. Legs bent. Shoulder up. Good follow through.

jdubbs
01-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Question about the use of legs in the serve. I noticed that most pros start their serve with their legs farther apart and then move their back leg forward. I was wondering why that is and what it does for your serve. I know that some pros don't move their back leg forward (like fed and dimitrov).

I'm really doing this consistently now, and it really drives momentum forward and gives a lot of pop to your serve.
So much if focused on the upper body, but the legs are equally important for a good serve.