PDA

View Full Version : Being in a slump

super-cool-guy-96
01-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi i am 38 years old (male) and i am getting into tennis. I havent played since high school but i was a pretty good high school player.

Anyways, i played in a USTA tournament in the Open Division. I lost 6-0 6-0 in 1st round and consolation. The other guy hit a lot of winners but i think he was just getting lucky. He hit super hard so i tried his method. I began wailing on the ball but most of the time i hit to the fence.

He got super lucky that all of his went in i am still mad about it. Do any of you know how to be luckier?

I think i may be in a slump, which is why i lost. Please can anyone help me so i can win a match?

Power Player
01-03-2012, 08:18 AM
You lost 6-0 6-0 and the other guy was just lucky?

LOL.

super-cool-guy-96
01-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes i dont understand how he hot so hard and they all landed in. But i couldnt do it. I think im in a slump already.

ThoughtCrime
01-03-2012, 08:28 AM
You should try wearing a horseshoe pendant, keep a four leaf clover by your side and also before every match sacrifice a virgin goat to the Tennis gods so they may bless you with fortune. Whilst playing make sure you use a Pro Staff leaded up to 18 Oz, thanks.

813wilson
01-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Probably not the best way to start off a posting history. Welcome to the site Mr. Super Cool Guy 96.... great name....

Really? You're 38? You haven't picked up a racket in 20+ years and you want help with "being luckier"?

Oh, brother/face palm....

Power Player
01-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah it's a troll account. Kind of feel bad for people who need to do this. I think 96 would be a more accurate year of birth for this dude.

Anyway, never plays tennis, enters an Open tourney using a wood racquet. I guess this is kind of a funny post if you are really bored.

jdubbs
01-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi i am 38 years old (male) and i am getting into tennis. I havent played since high school but i was a pretty good high school player.

Anyways, i played in a USTA tournament in the Open Division. I lost 6-0 6-0 in 1st round and consolation. The other guy hit a lot of winners but i think he was just getting lucky. He hit super hard so i tried his method. I began wailing on the ball but most of the time i hit to the fence.

He got super lucky that all of his went in i am still mad about it. Do any of you know how to be luckier?

I think i may be in a slump, which is why i lost. Please can anyone help me so i can win a match?

There is no help for you. Quit now.

Bergboy123
01-03-2012, 10:00 AM
You should try wearing a horseshoe pendant, keep a four leaf clover by your side and also before every match sacrifice a virgin goat to the Tennis gods so they may bless you with fortune. Whilst playing make sure you use a Pro Staff leaded up to 18 Oz, thanks.

Works for me like a charm!

thug the bunny
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM

Dude, your user name, language, and the fact that you think we are all really stupid serve to show that you are full of horse excrement. That's the trouble with the internet these days..too many damn kids. Get off my lawn!!

decades
01-05-2012, 02:33 PM
crystals everywhere in your bedroom the night before your match.

ark_28
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM
It is tough if you have played before no matter how long ago we all have an ego but you just have to accept these things take time!

You play the game because you love it, you havent put in the time over the last few years so you cant exepct to be as sharp!

Keep at it and do not give up :)