PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Leather Grips

Gaines Hillix
02-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Has anyone tried the ones TW is selling?

Jerry Seinfeld
02-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Gaines,

I currently have one on my Yonex rd ti 80. I have tried this on one stick and the Babolat leather on the other. I have found the Volkl retains its supple feel longer. The Babolat leather is getting smooth and slick. Volkl isn't quite a Fairway, but it is currently the best playing leather grip that I have tried. I also ordered some leather grips from Pacific, but am having difficulty receiving my order. Will post a mini review here if they ever arrive.

jayserinos99
02-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Gaines, I bought a couple of T10s with the Volkl leather grip. I can't speak about the tackiness since I use an overgrip over my leather grips, but from a weight and feel perspective, the Volkl and Fairway grips feel the same IMO.

Hal
02-27-2004, 01:30 PM
I also think the Volkl leather grip is the best leather non-Fairway grip out there. If someone knows of a better one, I'm listening!

I'm VERY picky about my grips (can't use synthetic), and so far the Volkl is the only one that's performed close to the Fairway grip. It's seems to be almost as tacky as the Fairway, but it's not quit as soft as a Fairway. I've only had the grips on two raquets for about three weeks, so I can't speak to their durability.

Hal

deflori
02-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Which from Völkl is the best?

Koz
03-05-2004, 11:11 AM
I heard the Volkl leather grips used to stain racquets and hands. Does the color still run (they used to be more reddish, I don't know if they changed that or not)?