PDA

View Full Version : Will Hewitt lose focus/retire early now that he is getting married/having kids?

AJK1
07-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Comments? Thoughts?

hummer23
07-17-2005, 08:41 PM
its a possibilty, but the guy realyl loves tennis, and hes passionate about it. as long as he gets some results against teh top guys liek federer and roddick, he will stay in the game until his time is up i think.

TEAMRAFA
07-17-2005, 08:48 PM
i would hope not. like him or not he brings excitement to tennis.

zAllianceBmx
07-17-2005, 08:55 PM
doubt it!!!

Yours!05
07-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Will Hewitt lose focus/retire early now that he is getting married/having kids?I think he will retire "early".

He went from being a junior to a competitive pro at a very young age - a situation more commonly found in the WTA. With some exceptions, I think they just begin to get sick of it after about 10 years. Agassi has perhaps a uniquely perfect wife for the situation, and I bet that's what's enabled his long career, rebirth etc.
Hewitt is young for tennis pro fatherhood. Pros frequently cite "school-age" children as a key retirement reason.
The bulk up/ lose speed factor - it happens to racehorse stallions.
The Griswold factor. Score so far for Ma & Pa: 2 coaches and a fiancee. Chances of "Nanny satisfaction" pretty slim.
Now if Fed should also be affected by one of the above, then the story might have a different ending;)

CoASH
07-18-2005, 01:59 AM
someone get fed's chick preggers then he'll fall of no.1 for a while

littlelleyton
07-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Lleyton has too much passion and will to continue on playing, especially after missing as much tennis as he has this year. the lose in the AO final was a soe one for him and he would like to win this before he retires. as long as Bec is happy to travel and support him i think he will continue to play

Turning Pro
07-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Lleyton has proved he can stay at the top/or the very near top for 4-5 years now,beside the 2003 fiasco and he has bounced back incredibly after so many wrote him off at that stage and said he was 'burnt' out.

He has reached 2 slams finals since then and has lost to the eventual champion on each of his last 6 slam appearances.Like agassi he can bounce back even if his ranking drops and surely dealing with this marriage/baby scenario is only a simple topspin lob for him.If it wasnt for federer,we'd be calling Hewitt one of the greatest of all time by now.

pound cat
07-18-2005, 04:26 AM
someone get fed's chick preggers then he'll fall of no.1 for a while

Your statement confirms Federer's only interest in life is tennis.

drp2345
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
So he breaks up and engagement with Clijsters and then like 2 months later you find out hes getting married to Bec Cartwright and then like a month later you find out he got her pregnant. Thats a little weird. I don't see them lasting very long. This relationship sort of feels like that celebrity couple that thinks they will be together for life and then you find out a month later that it didn't work out. IDN though thats just how I feel.

littlelleyton
07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
well for with all marriages lets hope it does work out for the best

RafaN RichardG
07-19-2005, 08:01 AM
i think he will continue to play, but he will be distracted from tennis. but i think its a little early for him to be having kids, especially when hes in the top of the game, and he is very young. if i were him i prolly wouldve waited, at least a couple years. also i dont quite know if hes mature enough for kids. and so soon! he "just" broke up with kim, and all of a sudden hes married and about to have kids. a bit rash to me, but i hope all goes well.

Yours!05
07-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Passing over the Nuptials, eyes averted, there has been a report which may well contain the explanantion for Hewitt's unaccountable DC performance. The Best Man was to be Andrew Macleod, a top Aussie Rules footballer. He and Hewitt were the best of mates, and consoled each other when Hewitt split with Kim and Macleod and his wife also split. She retained her friendship with Kim and, my guess, they became even firmer friends then.
Macleod and wife have just got back together. She was not going to be asked to the wedding. So after much toing and froing, the Best Man position was vacated, and Macleod himself wasn't even invited.
Not sure of the timing, but believe it was just about Wedding Eve that this was going on.
To Hewitt, loyalty is everything - and more.

pound cat
07-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Any bets on how long this marriage is going to last? He seems ot have relationship issues.

tracrx8828
07-21-2005, 06:59 PM
I give it 6 months, or at least till the baby is born. She is not working now, so she'll end up leaving him, or he'll find new eye candy, but in the end, she'll take him for all he's worth. C'Mon 6 weeks for engagement, 3 months for pregnancy, and 6 months for marriage, its all going to go to ****. He deserves better. He's too young, and has such a great career, hopefully she won't ruin it for him. Tennis is his first baby

donnyz89
07-21-2005, 07:04 PM
i dont think it will effect him at all... i mean, lets face it he loves tennis more than bec or kim or anyone. kids, psh... who cares! CMON! i got #1 to go for. the kid coulda came with clisters or anyone... so what if its bec, same old hewitt.

Yours!05
07-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I give it 6 months, or at least till the baby is born. She is not working now, so she'll end up leaving him, or he'll find new eye candy, but in the end, she'll take him for all he's worth. C'Mon 6 weeks for engagement, 3 months for pregnancy, and 6 months for marriage, its all going to go to ****. He deserves better. He's too young, and has such a great career, hopefully she won't ruin it for him. Tennis is his first babyDoes take 2 to forget the usual result of unprotected s*x.

pound cat
07-22-2005, 06:07 AM
They had their wedding reception at Taranga Zoo, if that's an omen of things to come.