PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dislike Murray?

chapufo1
07-17-2005, 09:23 PM
IMHO I HATE MURRAY. Just looking at his face bugs me. On top of that, when he screams like he's the **** it just bothers me. This kid on top of that listens to the black eyed peas.....

ragnaROK
07-17-2005, 09:31 PM
what's wrong with the Black Eyed Peas man? They're a hell lot more original than a lot of other over-commercialized and over-produced groups out there right now.

chapufo1
07-17-2005, 09:38 PM
fine, lets not count the black eyed peas for now, what in the hell is there to like about him? Altho there are so many things that can be hated.

ragnaROK
07-17-2005, 09:51 PM
haha ok since u ask. I think the only annoying thing about him is the really annoying scream. Poor UK just needs someone to root for and that's why they jumped all over him when he made a few upsets. Honestly, I dont see him going far soon, he's not even a natural grass courter. Brits just need to wait to hold on and wait for a good run by Henman, Murray's not gonna get there anything soon. Having an ugly face isnt a good enough reason to hate a pro, otherwise you have plenty of ppl hating on Radan Stephanak. But ya Murray's just overhyped. Conclusion? There's really nothign to like about him, but there's really not much to hate him over either.

gugafanatic
07-18-2005, 05:17 AM
I agree Murray can be very annoying to watch. This was epitomised at queens when he couldnt practically move and persisted on shouting and screaming during the match. He always seems soo intense in-between points and is always moaning when he loses a point.

Babblelot
07-18-2005, 06:37 AM
I applaud the kid for leaving home and training in Spain. I think Americans would be well served to follow his lead.

TennisD
07-18-2005, 07:02 AM
fine, lets not count the black eyed peas for now, what in the hell is there to like about him? Altho there are so many things that can be hated.
First of all, no they are absolutely not. If you want to hear original and not-overproduced music, you have to completely turn off your TV and radio, and go and discover stuff for yourself..

Also, I don't mind him. He's got a good game, good energy. But people will hate him soon enough. People always find reasons, because people are jealous. He's just not hated much yet because he just burst onto the scene. Just watch, and the unfortunate parade of jealous folks who never made it will begin...

TennisD
07-18-2005, 07:03 AM
I applaud the kid for leaving home and training in Spain. I think Americans would be well served to follow his lead.
So, are you saying you'd applaud me for doing the same thing?

littlelleyton
07-18-2005, 07:41 AM
the reason people like to critises is because they dont like seeing someone they feel doesnt deserve to be in a position they wish to be in. Like anyone that stands out from the norm Murray is an easy target becuase of the way he behaves on court. people cant critise the way he plays as he is clearly telented and a fantastic prospect so they pick on anything else they can, it makes them fell better to be negative rather than talk about tennis and how players perform. im sure if half the people on this forum were in the public eye for 1 day i think their attitude to critise would change drastically, mine too. the fact is people find it easier to be negative rather than appreciate talent.

Babblelot
07-18-2005, 08:06 AM
So, are you saying you'd applaud me for doing the same thing?
Well, if your name is Donald Young, I'd say keep on keepin' on. ;)

But the fact of the matter is, in general, Americans are losing ATP points and rankings to claycourters. The ROW moves to the States to train on our hardcourts, and the ROW moves to Spain to train on their claycourts.

I hope that helps answer your question.

TennisD
07-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Well, if your name is Donald Young, I'd say keep on keepin' on. ;)

But the fact of the matter is, in general, Americans are losing ATP points and rankings to claycourters. The ROW moves to the States to train on our hardcourts, and the ROW moves to Spain to train on their claycourts.

I hope that helps answer your question.
My name isn't Young, but I've moved away from home to train in Europe...APPLAUSE!

In all seriousness though, I see what you are saying completely!

Babblelot
07-18-2005, 08:29 AM
My name isn't Young, but I've moved away from home to train in Europe...APPLAUSE!

In all seriousness though, I see what you are saying completely!
Big props to TennisD!

I was at RG this year and didn't get to see a single American. I hope up-and-comers like youself change that in the years to come.

TennisD
07-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Big props to TennisD!

I was at RG this year and didn't get to see a single American. I hope up-and-comers like youself change that in the years to come.
YAY!

Hahaha, I'm sure someone will figure it out quite soon. They pretty much have to!

TOPSPIN23
07-18-2005, 01:58 PM
This is really off topic but Babblelot thats an awesome buddy image (i want more cowbell).