PDA

View Full Version : tennis is fun (video test)

shanked_it
01-08-2012, 05:24 AM
well we are weekend warriors and have been playing tennis as a father son get together for around 3,5years now, so playing level is what it is... but what do you think about the wide angle camera?

I broke my old one, got this one, and it has nice vid quality (not shown here because i suck at compiling videos), and i think it's nice how it shows the whole court!

tips are appretiated and i have been thinking of maybe joining somekind of tennis club for some recreational play.

I've had some videos up before but it seems i have deleted the ones with strokes in them. Feel free to check the older ones with the serve and give a note if i'm going in the wrong direction.

anyway, click to see a couple of weekend warriors frame the ball with incredible consistency... and yes, it has music so people can nag about it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnhk4qGmroE&context=C363b49fADOEgsToPDskJXdCapMQvOesI0wRM-_2zd

FearOfTheDark
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Really enjoyed the video, cheers. You have some pretty polished strokes there! Serve looks solid as well as your groundies. Looks like you don't struggle too much with volleys, although your dad probably isn't hitting super hard. I'd join a club if I was you and play some rec matches. It's fun!

ace_pace
01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Im actually surprised how your strokes appear very good. Camera agle is fine for me, not sure about what others think though. nice calming music is that bad :D

davced1
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
I like what I see and as you have only played for 3.5 years you seem to be really talented and have a natural feel for the game.

davced1
01-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I can't really give that much advice as I have only been playing for two years but maybe you could work on your movement, do some split steps and so forth. Maybe you do that in matchplay but it's always a good thing to practice your movement all the time, also when just having a casual hitting session.

Limpinhitter
01-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I can't tell which is F and which is S.

Timbo's hopeless slice
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM
dude in the orange shirt has the most hilarious head gear in the history of the game.

look like you are having fun and are not afraid to rip it a bit, good stuff!