PDA

View Full Version : Thierry Henry scores game winner!

christo
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
When does the movie come out? The phones must be ringing for Beckham to get his *** back to Man U to help out old man Scholes and old man Giggs for 30 minutes a game. These guys are light years ahead of the young punks making millions a year, they just don't have the stamina to play 90. You are allowed 3 subs a game, can you imagine having 3 ultra cool subs to bring in? Crafty guys like these could move the sticks and create a serious buzz, bring it on!!

mr_eko
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
I couldn't believe he even played and it was a very good goal. Can you imagine Becks back to Man U and having their midfield being Beckham and Giggs out wide with Scholes in the middle. Epic.

Bartelby
01-09-2012, 06:39 PM
They'll be playing with Zimmer frames!

Timbo's hopeless slice
01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
If you look at one of the youtubes, they cut to David Beckham in the stands with this big smile on his face and his friends clearly winding him up about a comeback..

Breaker
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Beckham is awful now and it would be cringe worthy if he were to go back, also he is nowhere near Henry in terms of ability and what he meant to his club.

DCaicedo
01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
C'mon folks- you're going to take away Henry from my beloved Red Bulls now?

christo
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Beckham is awful now and it would be cringe worthy if he were to go back, also he is nowhere near Henry in terms of ability and what he meant to his club.
Trust me, he meant a lot to Man U, do not diminish his presence
A talisman is just that, if you don't understand such things then shut your mouth, special players transcend the rigours of age, witness Connors at the US Open. Can they perform day in, day out? of course not, age takes that away, if you are under 50 you are not aware of such things. One day you will know that occasionally older statesmen of the game can catch lightning in a bottle and shape history. Maybe you might be such a person.

Breaker
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Trust me, he meant a lot to Man U, do not diminish his presence
A talisman is just that, if you don't understand such things then shut your mouth, special players transcend the rigours of age, witness Connors at the US Open. Can they perform day in, day out? of course not, age takes that away, if you are under 50 you are not aware of such things. One day you will know that occasionally older statesmen of the game can catch lightning in a bottle and shape history. Maybe you might be such a person.

Explain where David Beckham would fit in at Man United when they already have 3 great wingers who are ten times better than he is now. Also Ferguson could barely stand him in his prime due to "Team Beckham" and all the off the field baggage that comes with him no chance he's put up with the circus that would be bringing him back again especially with the minimal contribution he would provide. Scholes came back because of injuries in central midfield, there would be no reason for 'becks' to go back.

Ross K
01-09-2012, 11:03 PM
I think it's a bit premature to go too overboard. He did have a fairy-tale return last night though, and put the ball away with the kind of competence you'd expect from a player who in his day was the best in the Premier League IMO. However, I'd wait until later this season to see how it pans out. That said, what with his record against us, I sincerely hope he's injured when it's Spurs V Arsenal.:)

Can't see Fergie ever going for Becks for the simple fact he seems to hate him.

Feņa14
01-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Well done Henry, that will be something the Arsenal fans remember for quite some time.

I wonder if Kerry Dixon and Ron Harris fancy it aswell? Chelsea need another striker and central defender :)

PureAlph4
01-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Last night was such a joyous occasion (to remain as one of my all time favourite Arsenal moments), but I'm sure Wenger knows he is walking somewhat of a tightrope.

Pires also trained with the squad at London Colney today. Arsene has to steer the mood away from a tacit unsettling of the hierarchy amongst the permanent members of the squad, but also be mindful that he doesn't want a void to be left after the old boys move on.

The majority of players were not a part of the Henry / Pires era, and whilst they might respect them, may be feeling pressurised to toe the party line.

Breaker
01-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Well done Henry, that will be something the Arsenal fans remember for quite some time.

I wonder if Kerry Dixon and Ron Harris fancy it aswell? Chelsea need another striker and central defender :)

The Goat will be back to terrorise the league once more with 2/3 of City's strikers injured, it's on the cards. Still looks a beast these days

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jWNU8uRzINc/TDM4u1WYDbI/AAAAAAAAEJE/pneDWTmSefM/s1600/C_71_article_1024188_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg

christo
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Explain where David Beckham would fit in at Man United when they already have 3 great wingers who are ten times better than he is now. Also Ferguson could barely stand him in his prime due to "Team Beckham" and all the off the field baggage that comes with him no chance he's put up with the circus that would be bringing him back again especially with the minimal contribution he would provide. Scholes came back because of injuries in central midfield, there would be no reason for 'becks' to go back.
Beckham was not a "winger" you twerp. he was a midfielder like Scholes not blessed with pace but possessed of VISION, which you don't possess obviously. Football is a game of vision, not just athletic ability, you must see the field as a chessboard, as did George Best and the ******* Cantona