PDA

View Full Version : Hours played at tennis

Andyroo10567
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Just wondering, how long do you guys usually stay and play tennis for?

MarinaHighTennis
01-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I play at least 4 hours a day 5 days a week (high school) sometimes weekends. In college at least 5 hours but no weekends

thug the bunny
01-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Alas, I have to work for a living, and fit in golf as well. 1.5 - 2 hrs per session, 3 - 4 times per week. I need to find a sugar momma...

movdqa
01-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Three hours, one session per week. Sometimes a second doubles session for 90 minutes. This is the off-season. Court costs are about $25/hour here. I play a lot more during the summer on outdoor courts.

Winter is the season to get fitter, faster and stronger and I focus on running, strength training and flexibility.

Mick
01-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Three hours, one session per week. Sometimes a second doubles session for 90 minutes. This is the off-season. Court costs are about $25/hour here. I play a lot more during the summer on outdoor courts.

Winter is the season to get fitter, faster and stronger and I focus on running, strength training and flexibility.

it's bad that it costs $25/hr where you are but then you probably could get a court whenever you want to play and not have to wait for your turn -- that is unless everybody there is willing to pay the price to get a court :)

movdqa
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
We don't have to wait for courts in the summer. We have two high-schools. One of them gets a lot of use but we have no problem getting a court if we're there by 4:30. The other high-school has six courts and I've only ever seen one other group play there. The courts are in great shape but they are located in a depression surrounded by football, soccer and baseball fields so it can get quite windy there. The parking lot is some distance from the courts too which I think discourages a lot of people from using those courts.

Andyroo10567
01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Ah, I see. I need to cut down on time. :( i play 8 hours everyday besides Friday and Sundays. But then again I'm still i guess "young" compared to you guys so i have a lot more time on my hands. :/

niff
01-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Well it depends on the time of year :) Nothing better in summer & autumn than spending all evening on tennis courts. In winter I only get chance to play for less than an hour in the mornings, and only if it's dry (not often in Britain..!).

While at uni, springtime meant exam time so I would play to de-stress, but couldn't spend too long.

Cormorant
01-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Three to four hours per hit, when I'm fortunate enough to be on court in the first place.