PDA

View Full Version : Big Round of Applause for David Nalbandian

Tchocky
07-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Nalbandian single handedly defeated Australia with a little help from Puerta. Nalbandian beat Hewitt in straight sets on grass. Before this Quarterfinal match began, I predicted Australia would win 3-2. There is no way anyone could have thought Argentina would win 4-1. It really came down to the doubles match with Argentinian coach Mancini pairing up Nalbandian with the leftie, Puerta. This was Puerta's first win on grass which makes the victory even more impressive.

BERDI4
07-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I think it was a mistake to put Hewitt in the doubles.

DanEd
07-18-2005, 01:52 PM
the australian doubles should be P. Hanley/W. Arthurs

Yours!05
07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Nalbandian single handedly defeated Australia with a little help from Puerta.Yes he was great. Not just the tennis, but the resolve and grit, and even a touch of flair. He should bring this to the Slams. And as the clean leader of a team of suspected juicers, what a victory and what a great example.

gugafanatic
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Nalbandian is beginning to find his best form coming into the US OPEN. He is one of the few current players that can play well on all surfaces and it was sweet revenge in the DC especially after Hewitt drubbed David in the Wimbledon final. Look for Nalbandian and Ferrero to make some noise during the North American hard court swing. I am confident both these guys are capable of beating Federer if playing at the top of their game. In addition Safin and Nadal can also be considered serious threats.

VamosRafa
07-18-2005, 09:43 PM
What he accomplished was amazing. And well done to Mariano for what he also accomplished in the doubles. I was impressed with what they did on grass.

TheGreatBernie
07-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Nalbandian played amazing tennis in the Davis Cup. He was my pick to play Roddick in my semis at Wimbledon. Unfortunately, Johannson played well enough to eliminate him.

efice32
07-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Bravo David! Finally someone shut up hewitt.

StraightSets
07-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Nalbandian single handedly defeated Australia with a little help from Puerta.
Puerta won something like 36/39 points off his serve (two of those being double faults). Thats helping :p