PDA

View Full Version : Anyone excited about the Pro staff 6.1 100

Faithfulfather
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
It is a little light but looks like it may be a great stick for those using racquets similar to the BLX Pro open. I use the pro open and would like a little more feel. Hopefully this be the one. I also use the V Core 100 S, which is an awesome stick but something is lacking. The Prince Black (with string holes) was good, but it hurt my elbow.

couch
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Looking forward to the PS 100 and the new Steam. I have hit with the Steam and liked it quite a bit, even with Sensation in it. LOL I normally use a poly hybrid so can't wait to get one with that in it and swing out a little more.

Looking forward to the feel of the old school racquet in the PS 100 with a modern touch (head size and weight).

Faithfulfather
01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Looking forward to the feel of the old school racquet in the PS 100 with a modern touch (head size and weight).

My thoughts exactly!

SteveI
01-10-2012, 12:33 PM
It is a little light but looks like it may be a great stick for those using racquets similar to the BLX Pro open. I use the pro open and would like a little more feel. Hopefully this be the one. I also use the V Core 100 S, which is an awesome stick but something is lacking. The Prince Black (with string holes) was good, but it hurt my elbow.

Hi,

I playtested the frame for TW and Wilson. The frame playes nothing like the BLX Pro Open. The SW of the 6.1 100 is in the low 300s and the beam is quite thin. You are talking BLX Pro Open = Pure Drive. The 6.1 100 is a very whippy and has great feel but limited PlowThur. I have used the PS 5.1 surge, the BLX Pro Open and N Pro Open.. they are like blunt weapons compared to the 6.1 100. The has a light, crisp feel and great control but no raw power. An older player (PS player) losing hand speed and power will love this frame. With the right placement of lead this can be made into a nice light players frame. The transistion from the Pure Drive/BLX Pro Open..etc to the BLX 6.1 100 PS will take some time IMO. I am excited about this frame only with mods... playing it stock would require some serious hand speed and long strokes to hang in there with anyone hitting a heavy ball. The frame is way too light to be stable vs heavy hitters.