PDA

View Full Version : Asics GR3 durability issues

jamauss
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
I bought a pair of Gel Resolution 3's from TW ordered them Dec. 5th - played in them for the first time Dec. 10th so it's been exactly one month.

I looked at them yesterday and noticed I am already wearing through the toe area of the outer sole! ...after ONE MONTH. I've probably only played about 15-20 hours total court time in them.

Anyone else has this kind of issue with them? I'm hard on my shoes but this is kind of ridiculous. I've never worn through shoes this fast.

bad_call
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
I bought a pair of Gel Resolution 3's from TW ordered them Dec. 5th - played in them for the first time Dec. 10th so it's been exactly one month.

I looked at them yesterday and noticed I am already wearing through the toe area of the outer sole! ...after ONE MONTH. I've probably only played about 15-20 hours total court time in them.

Anyone else has this kind of issue with them? I'm hard on my shoes but this is kind of ridiculous. I've never worn through shoes this fast.

got them for the clay so no issues at this time. use the cb 2.3 durarocks for hard courts...which are lasting way past 6 months.

highgeer
01-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I have had no durability issues. I just got another pair, but it took 5 months to wear them out (which is unheard of me). My last pair of shoes (Prince T22) only last about 7 weeks.

Mike

sp1derman
01-11-2012, 06:46 AM
I have them as well and noticed no wear problems. I do notice the toe bunches up on me quite a bit when. Just use them as your clay court shoe as I have been doing. I played with them on hard courts twice. The rubber on these actually seemed to be stiffer than my nike's or babolat's...

ericg
01-11-2012, 06:58 AM
I am on my 3rd pair of Gel Res and no probs at all with the durability aspect. That silver trim on the sides comes off quickly but no other issues with them

crosscourt
01-11-2012, 08:23 AM
I find the outsoles wear down quite quickly. I have always thought that was the quid pro quo for the softness and flex in the shoes. Asics could make these shoes stiffer without them becoming Barricade-like. Has anyone tried the GR4s?

CC

kingofstring
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
I always were shoes down in 1-1 1/2 months. So it was normal to me.

sundaypunch
01-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I know two people with them and both had to send them back for warranty replacement. I don't think the sole is very durable.