PDA

View Full Version : Switching racket need major help!!

lulo
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
hi TTers I was sponsored by Yonex and my contract just ended with them I was using a Yonex RDiS 100 Mid and was thinking of switching to either Wilson or Head... Is it a big difference from the RDiS 100 Mid to Head Speed Pro or Wilson BLX 95 18x20?? Those 2 rackets are the ones that I have in mind of moving to. thanks :)

lulo
01-10-2012, 06:51 PM
okay question is which one is better to move on to or any other frame that's similar?

Fuji
01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
The Wilson BLX 95 will be a lot closer to your Yonex in feel, as they are both stiff, heavy, headlight frames. I would recommend demoing it! The Speed I haven't hit with much, so I can give no valuable input! :)

-Fuji

Justin-JP
01-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Fair bit of difference, yeah.

The Wilson has a similar HL balance but the sw is significantly higher than the Yonex. If you go with the 16x18 BLX, spin potential is nearly the same but still slightly favours the Yonex. The Yonex Volleys marginally better than the BLX and has a more uniform feeling string bed but lacks a bit of feel in comparison. On serve, both have a lot of power but the BLX feels more precise; both very solid in this area. Overall, hard to say, if you can handle the extra sw, maybe BLX for its dampened, plusher more control oriented response.

Head wise, I've not played all that much with the Speed Pro but it's heavy and stiff. It's swings even heavier than the BLX 95 but has good spin potential and it's very big on serve and volleys. If your arm can take the stiffness (which I guess it might coming from the Yonex), then maybe it's worth a stab, but I'd say go with the Wilson, overall it's a better racket.

counterpuncher
01-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Coming from a couple of Yonexes myself (RDiS 100mp and now RD Ti 80 and a few others) and having a Speed Pro and Prestige Pro in my bag, I would say the Prestige Pro from Head.

The Speed Pro is also okay, but the heft, swing weight and power level far exceed your mid. The Prestige Pro is very similar spec'd, especially if you replace the leather grip with a synthetic and plays fairly similar. The only way to know for sure is demo.

lulo
01-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I have a Leather Grip underneath my RDiS haha so yeah

Justin-JP
01-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Coming from a couple of Yonexes myself (RDiS 100mp and now RD Ti 80 and a few others) and having a Speed Pro and Prestige Pro in my bag, I would say the Prestige Pro from Head.

The Speed Pro is also okay, but the heft, swing weight and power level far exceed your mid. The Prestige Pro is very similar spec'd, especially if you replace the leather grip with a synthetic and plays fairly similar. The only way to know for sure is demo.

The YT Prestige Pro is actually quite similar to the Yonex (bit less spin and smaller sweet spot) but is rather tinny and harsh to play with; the Yonex is a more solid racket in most areas.

The new YT IG Prestige Pro looks like to rectified some of the short comings of the old YT version. Might be worth a shot. Other than that, have a look at the Dunlop Bio 200 Tour or possibly the Wilson Tour 90's.

lulo
01-10-2012, 07:29 PM
do you guys think the new Prostaff BLX 95 be worth a shot also?

mctennis
01-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Check the specs and demo, demo, demo!!!! No one can tell you what racquet will be better. That is only a decision YOU can make.

lulo
01-11-2012, 09:13 AM
The thing about demoing is that I have been playing with soooooo many rackets in recent years I can't really decide either way that's why I asked you guys to help

BigT
01-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Check the specs and demo, demo, demo!!!! No one can tell you what racquet will be better. That is only a decision YOU can make.

100%. If the racquets feel the same, ask your opponents which they thought had better shots. If that's the same, just get the best deal.

tennisinAZ
01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
love this comment, I work in a tennis shop and really want to leave when someone asks what racket is best, it is hard not to be sarcastic. A racket is totally players preference and no brand is the best.

counterpuncher
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
If asking your opponents which they thought that you played best with doesn't give you the answer, then go with the racquet that you feel most comfortable and confident with.

Chyeaah
01-11-2012, 08:39 PM
No get another contract with Yonex and get the V-Core 98.

lulo
01-12-2012, 07:42 AM
No get another contract with Yonex and get the V-Core 98.

I tried the V-Core series and they're just not my style of play for some odd reason it just doesn't feel good

lulo
01-12-2012, 08:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wviteXXVnXo&list=UUUSNq7T_P3bsBP3H9np2C1g&index=21&feature=plcp
to make it easier ^ me