PDA

View Full Version : New racquet needed

clarky
01-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi All,

I currently play a Microgel extreme Pro, the racquet is too powerful for me, I was looking at either a Head IG Prestige MP or a Babolat Pure Storm.

I want something that is not as powerful as the Extreme, and I would like a frame with a consistent beam length, I dont like the varied beam length racquets they seem to feel clumsy at least to me

Any advice would be appreciated.

I hit a western forehand grip, heavy topspin, 1 handed backhand, mostly baseline play, heavy first serve, second serve plenty of kick, also like to come to the net to finish off a point as well as playing doubles

Thanks

Clarky

Fuji
01-11-2012, 08:09 PM
The Pure Storm might be an interesting choice for you! A bit less power and I believe it has a consistent beam.

-Fuji

in_ten_city
01-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Try out the Prestige MP. Control racket all the way, excellent precision from all over the court. Can't comment on the Pure storm since I've never played with it, but it's also a control spec. Also try Dunlop 200.

tennisinAZ
01-11-2012, 08:19 PM
I've tried both the prestige and pure storm. Have used the pure storm tour as well as the pure storm ltd. My recommendation would be to wait for the prestige IG MP to be released. The pure storm tour would be the next best bet. apart from those two, another couple i would recommend would be: biomimetic 200, blx blade 98, or the new donnay gold if you're demoing off tenniswarehouse

Chyeaah
01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
K90/ PSBLX90 look like they match your gameplay perfectly. other than that the pure storm series (tour and ltd you could take a look at.). V-Core 95/98 good spin and ability to flatten when you want, if you play more of a counterpunch game."

Offtopic. CMON LINA BEAT KLITova

canadad
01-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Have you tried the any of the Speeds? I have a similar game to yours by your description. I had some leaded up Speeds(18x20) and loved them. I gave them up due to some arm issues. I may have given them up a little prematurely, as I should have rehabbed properly and switched to full multi rather than jumping the gun and trading them.

clarky
01-12-2012, 01:17 AM
No have not tried any of the speeds, had a brief look online, will hit the new prestige MP which are already out in Australia as I type this and also the speed 18x20. I will report back

canadad
01-12-2012, 07:42 AM
You should look into the 16x19 as well, the 18x20 is hits with less power and spin. Anyway, good luck!

clarky
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I just purchased the Head IG Prestige MP, great racquet very happy with it, had a game for an hour or so tonight hits very well comfortable I can really hit out with this racquet.

Thanks for all the responses.

TennisCJC
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
New prestiges are out. One of them is lighter. They all have the capped grommet so you could customize with lead tape under the grommet at 3, 9 or 12 o'clock.

You sound like an all court player and the prestige is a classic all court racket. I am an old guy and would try the 98 mid+ but they have a 93 too.

ghia
01-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Sound like you need a dunlop 200 lite:-?
Less power, big time control, constant beam width, 16x19 pattern...what more do you need?