PDA

View Full Version : Breathe 2K11 Review

colan5934
01-11-2012, 11:58 PM
First new shoe model in a while for me, so I figured I'd write a review.

First Impression: Feels a lot like my old Vapor VI from a few years ago. Been playing with Babolat Propulse 2 for about 8 months now with a pair of Barricades and Vapor V thrown in for a couple months, and these are much more comfortable just walking around. The chassis is a bit stiff for my taste, though.

Comfort: Playable right out of the box, but now they have really broken in and molded to my foot after about a week, they feel great. My foot feels secure without being cramped or feeling locked in like the fit of the Propulses. Minimal aching after long practices. 9/10

Stability: They felt a bit stiff right away, as I mentioned, but now they feel great. Just the right amount of support and give for me. 9/10

Weight: They feel fairly clunky before break-in, but after that, I don't even notice the weight. They are reminiscent of the Vapor V and VI in that respect. They don't feel like their listed weight. Movement was not an issue. 9/10

Durability: Not the greatest aspect here. I got these with my warranty credit from TW, and I would not pay full price for these. I am a college player who slides a fair amount. These are great shoes, but unless I am going to get them for free (which I do not), I just can't justify paying so much. After 10 days of practice 2 hours per day, they outsole is smooth under my big toe. I will be through to the midsole in another 5 days or so. 4/10

Overall: A great performance shoe for the aggressive player. Durability aside, it's the total package. Stability, Comfort, and a fairly light weight make for a great offering from Nike, not to mention the variety of colors and NikeID option. I will likely make room in the bag for a new pair to be used for matches only once the season picks up.

Overall: 8/10, only because of durability. Would be 9/10 if they lasted longer.

My foot type: Medium-Narrow Width. Medium-Low Arch

Jcarlisle2
01-12-2012, 05:39 AM
The durability does suck bad i just played for 3 hrs and the outsole has already lost some marks but it was the best shoe ever,

kingofstring
01-12-2012, 12:07 PM
The durability does suck bad i just played for 3 hrs and the outsole has already lost some marks but it was the best shoe ever,

Yes I think it was a comfy shoe but the durability was horrible cannot keep spending on shoes that dont last!

PeterFig
01-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I have a pair of these - they're a very nice shoe but I don't wear them anymore because I could never really find a good solution for my heal slipping out of these. No matter how I tied the top laces it still felt a bit loose. I've never experienced this with any other shoe so I'm assuming it's the shoe not my foot type. Other than that it's actually a nice shoe. A slight more solid / stable version of the Vapor 7's I currently wear.

AlpineCadet
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Breathe 2k11 doesn't last very long at all. Had them for about three months and the toe box has gone down to my insoles.:oops: