PDA

View Full Version : K90 @ $139.00 v BLX 90 @ $199.00 advice?? THX

lendlmac
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone,

was going to sink some money on the new BLX 6.1 90 for $199.00, but am now finding the K90 model has dropped down....and wondered:

1. Is this the "same racquet", only different cosmetics", pj, etc...

2. the NEW BLX 90 is better upgrade than the K90, because...." etc...

I don't want to waste my money if it's the same raquet, etc...I can buy either one, and want one, either or nonetheless..

I play with a Lendl GTX-Pro T 80sq, and a Dunlop Max 200G 84 sq., and have been since forever...both leaded up at 12, 8 and 10, and always wondered on the K90, now this new BLX 90 is out in 1 week...and pros i.e Dogopolov is now using it are starting to "use "it", albeit a pj...?

Thoughts?

is one stiffer, softer than the other? Are the specs "virtually" identical, or radically different?

No need to search for othe threads here, since mine was a price-related question... a few weeks ago the K90's were still at $199.00 and now I saw the pricing drops on them, and wondered "WTF" LOL

thanks! will make my buying decision in a few days....buying one or the other....

paul_tennis
01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Personally (if the K90 is brand new) I will go with the $139 K90...
You are very lucky to find a brand new K90, actually they are very rare to find.

roundiesee
01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Go with the K90, cheaper and in all probability a better racket. BTW, are you permitted to let us know where you can purchase the K90 at such a price?

sargeinaz
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Buy those k90's right now

Xizel
01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Eh, I saw new unused demos for $80. They're probably gone, but that's the price I'd pay for any older generation since PS BLX is out.

rudester
01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Have you hit with them both? I didn't feel the polarization was the same on each. I thought the BLX was Ok but the K90 wasn't my cup of tea, just personal preference, but I would check out the balance and see what you like. I am still playing with the PS Tour 90 and much prefer this frame as my favorite 90 tour model.

zapvor
01-12-2012, 09:29 PM
you can buy the BLX 90 for less here at TW........

kishnabe
01-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Where are the k90's u buying?

:( so lucky!

Mister drool
01-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I used both frames, and i like the k90 better. For one thing, at high speed it swing much easier that the blx. I believe this as to do with the different polarization of weight. the k90 feels it has the weight a little bit more dispersed at the tip of the frame and at the handle, having a very sensitive and somewhat "tinnier" upper handle that allows you to feel the ball perfectly, thus feeling light even being a heavier stick (mine k90 was 3 grs heavier than my blx90) but when rallying heavy balls the k90 out outperform the blx because of that same connection you get to the ball. The blx felt it had the weight a lot more concentrated at the top of the handle, very easy to swing at low speed, but at high speed i always felt a little drag trough the air compared to the k90 who just begged for perfect follow troughs. It was more comfortable, exactly because of that immense mass at the top of the handle, it would just wipe out any strange vibration you get from not hitting the sweet spot perfectly, so blx was a much much more forgiving frame, I have no doubt of this.
I have to admit though, serving was a bit better with the blx, everything else the k90 did waaayyyy better.

I also have the hyper pro staff tour 90 and also like that frame a bundle. The setup also feels polarized like the k90. and for what I come to understand Wilson goes like this:
Pro staff 85 no idea
Pro staff tour 90 polarized setup
n90 tour depolarized setup
k90 tour polarized setup again
blx 90 tour depolarizes setup once again
pro staff blx amplifeel care to guess?

I end up selling my blx to gain money to buy a dainese lucky classic helmet for my bike, and now have bought a used k90, so I have two k90 now and I am not planning on any frame change soon. But well, you have to see for yourself, as always right.
I hope my experience will be of some help.