PDA

View Full Version : New Pro Kennex Q Tour w/ Kinetic

dcheung
01-13-2012, 01:22 AM
There is a new racquet Q Tour released these days, 98 head size, 18x20 pattern, box beam and 20mm thickness, flex claimed to be 63 but interestingly there are kinetic function at 2/10 and 4/8 positions. There is sand like sound like the 5g/7g series. These 4 positions are buldged like there is a cell within.

The racquet looks like the Type C or Redendo but I don't have the MP to compare. Since I don't have the picture attachment function, click here http://www.flickr.com/photos/22562630@N02/sets/72157628848918651/ to see the pics. Strung up already just raining no chance to test play.

anirut
01-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Looks nice. No 93 head, PK?

JGads
01-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Wow. As a huge fan of PK, this frame intrigues. Beautiful, too. Please update your thoughts on how it swings and hits.

Junkie74
01-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Looks really nice! Do you know when TW will have it in stock? Where did you get yours?

dcheung
01-13-2012, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=anirut;6226588]Looks nice. No 93 head, PK?

Not heard of 93 head at the moment, I hope they have too.

QUOTE=Junkie74;6226702]Looks really nice! Do you know when TW will have it in stock? Where did you get yours?

I was told a few months before official launch but cannot verify. I got mine from a local agent.

We guys went to the court after the rain stopped, played for 10 minutes and it start drizzling again and have to retreat after 40 minutes as the balls felt like a rock when hitting.

Initially the racquet felt very comfortable. It was just fresh strung with Klip gut main and Gosen Micro sheep 17g @ 56/54lbs. The spacing of the string was quite even and compare to my K90. Felt quite good power and spin but have to test again when the weather turns good again and if the string survive the wetness. Oh, the racquet has a leather grip replaced the synthetic and lead at 3/9 turn out to be 362g with all accessories on. Need some more time to compare with my current favorite 7g.

athleticstennis
01-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Wow. As a huge fan of PK, this frame intrigues. Beautiful, too. Please update your thoughts on how it swings and hits.

Yeah, I am also very intrigued. PK makes great frames.

tennisinoc
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Looks more like the Black Ace 98 racket with the Kinetic added.
I am definitely interested in demoing this if it is.
Specs look real close to each other.

JGads
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
^what I was thinking. If you effectively combined a black ace with a 7G, I'd have my holy grail. Own and love both sticks.

scotus
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Looks more like the Black Ace 98 racket with the Kinetic added.
I am definitely interested in demoing this if it is.
Specs look real close to each other.

Isn't the stiffness of Black Ace 58, as opposed to the 63RA stated by OP?

tennisinoc
01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
^what I was thinking. If you effectively combined a black ace with a 7G, I'd have my holy grail. Own and love both sticks.

I think it would be mine as well if they put a 16x20 pattern in it.
I love thin beam rackets.

Isn't the stiffness of Black Ace 58, as opposed to the 63RA stated by OP?

Yea specs show its stiffer and probably is to boost the power level up a bit, which I wouldn't mind at all.

I hope they release this line here in the US. Looks like its already avail in Italy and Europe.

retrograde
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM
I hope TW USA carries this, definitely want to demo. Wish it came in a little more open pattern too.

SteveI
01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
I think it would be mine as well if they put a 16x20 pattern in it.
I love thin beam rackets.

Yea specs show its stiffer and probably is to boost the power level up a bit, which I wouldn't mind at all.

I hope they release this line here in the US. Looks like its already avail in Italy and Europe.

With the Kinetic material installed they can raise the RA, up the power and maintain comfort and feel.

scotus
01-13-2012, 01:54 PM
With the Kinetic material installed they can raise the RA, up the power and maintain comfort and feel.

Comfort would be even better if they leave the RA low.

Imagine a Redondo kind of flex with Kinetic material. That would be a great arm saver.

scotus
01-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Well, one more to add to the list of racquets to demo.

jwbarrientos
01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
There are many new PKs in TWE, nice looking IMO

scotus
01-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Well, what do you know.

There is a Black Ace Tour with 63RA.

http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/descpageRC-KTBA98N.html

dcheung
01-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Well, what do you know.

Oh, it really seems to be BA Tour with the Kinetic system!

kimbahpnam
01-14-2012, 12:59 AM
dammmm i want to try this stick

Bud
01-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Has anyone emailed TW about bringing this to the USA?

- -

QTour and QS versions:

The insert card also states it's available in the QS version which is identical except for a 100 sq. in. headsize and 10 grams lighter (11.1 oz. / 315g unstrung and 10 pts. HL)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7003/6688829089_fd1eb3d4a8_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7151/6688829653_67107e7d8f_b.jpg

scotus
01-14-2012, 10:24 PM
No extended-length version?

kimbahpnam
01-15-2012, 02:19 AM
head looks more oval shaped

kimbahpnam
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
So any release date?

rockydennis
01-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I emailed Pro Kennex and I received a reply saying that it'll be available in the US around mid-March.

tennisinoc
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Initially the racquet felt very comfortable. It was just fresh strung with Klip gut main and Gosen Micro sheep 17g @ 56/54lbs. The spacing of the string was quite even and compare to my K90. Felt quite good power and spin but have to test again when the weather turns good again and if the string survive the wetness. Oh, the racquet has a leather grip replaced the synthetic and lead at 3/9 turn out to be 362g with all accessories on. Need some more time to compare with my current favorite 7g.

Any new feedback and update on how it plays compared to other PK Kinetic/Ionic frames? (ie. 7g, Ki5, etc.)

Agent Orynge
02-22-2012, 10:55 AM
I hope TW USA carries this, definitely want to demo. Wish it came in a little more open pattern too.

Have you ever hit with the BA98? The pattern is so open, you wouldn't know it was an 18x20 unless you counted.

Ramon
02-22-2012, 11:13 AM
It will be interesting to see how Black Ace 98 users react to this. Will it go over as well {sarcasm} as the Ki 5 and 5x did with 5G and 7G users?

JGads
02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
As a huge PK fan and especially of the Ace and 7G, this frame will be a must demo. I asked TW about any plans or info for a release and they haven't responded. Sweet looking stick.

Agent Orynge
02-22-2012, 11:40 AM
It will be interesting to see how Black Ace 98 users react to this. Will it go over as well {sarcasm} as the Ki 5 and 5x did with 5G and 7G users?

I still use my BA98, and while I find this new racquet interesting, I prefer to adhere to the credo "if it's not broke, don't fix it." Part of the charm of PK is that they don't cycle racquets like other brands have been doing. Please guys, do not encourage them to start doing that now.

JGads
02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah but this frame looks like a really interesting hybrid of the ace and kinetic series. Which is a hybrid that could change lives forever...

Agent Orynge
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah but this frame looks like a really interesting hybrid of the ace and kinetic series. Which is a hybrid that could change lives forever...

If the BA hurts your arm, you're doing it wrong.

scotus
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM

I am hoping this could be the most arm-friendly racquet ever introduced by PK if they do it right.

First, the stiffness is lower than the 5G or 7G, so that's in the right direction.

Second, if PK keeps the pallet system (the Kinetic line has a graphite handle, which I see as undermining the comfort that the Kinetic System delivers) of the Black Ace, then we would have a more comfortable frame.

Then of course, there is that legendary feel and playability of Black Ace that I hear so much about....

JGads
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
If the BA hurts your arm, you're doing it wrong.

I never said it was hurting me, I just love the feel and performance of the Ace series, as well as the kinetic, so this new hybrid-looking creation intrigues me to no end.

I am hoping this could be the most arm-friendly racquet ever introduced by PK if they do it right.

First, the stiffness is lower than the 5G or 7G, so that's in the right direction.

Second, if PK keeps the pallet system (the Kinetic line has a graphite handle, which I see as undermining the comfort that the Kinetic System delivers) of the Black Ace, then we would have a more comfortable frame.

Then of course, there is that legendary feel and playability of Black Ace that I hear so much about....

Exactly. ... I really wonder what the swingweight on this thing will be.

scotus
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
JGads,

You could order one from Italy and write up a nice review for all of us. :)

JGads
02-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Haha, indeed I could. It's certainly not outside the realm of my insanity. But for now I will relegate myself to hoping that there's some truth to that mid-March release date PK gave someone. Until then I will be Prestigifying.

Agent Orynge
02-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I never said it was hurting me, I just love the feel and performance of the Ace series, as well as the kinetic, so this new hybrid-looking creation intrigues me to no end.

Exactly. ... I really wonder what the swingweight on this thing will be.

I understand. I wasn't pointing the finger at you so much as I was making a generalization. As far as feel is concerned, there is nowhere for PK to go with the BA series but down. It's just that good.

JGads
02-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I understand. I wasn't pointing the finger at you so much as I was making a generalization. As far as feel is concerned, there is nowhere for PK to go with the BA series but down. It's just that good.

This is - fortunately or unfortunately - probably true.

Agent Orynge
02-22-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't think it's an unfortunate thing. It's a stellar stick, it just doesn't get as much attention as the Fed sticks that rotate every other year. People need to get past the novelty of a new paint job, and reflect on what's truly important to their game. If they can do that, maybe they'll discover what a gem the BA series already is.

JGads
02-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I can't believe more people on these boards don't jump on the Ace. It's up there with the 85s and Prestige Mids of the world in terms of pure feel, and they're so unique in that they've got great plow from 330 swingweight in a easier-to-wield Mid-11 oz package... My lone issue lately has been looking for something a tad more forgiving than the Mid. Unfortunately the MP in the past was always more sluggish to me compared to the Mid, but it was still an alarmingly good racket and one of the best ever on serve.

I did get to try the 325 PK Black Ace Euro version they sell on TW Europe but it wasn't the same beast: the feel of it didn't have the same special 'fullness' of the two Aces still selling here on TW.

Hominator
02-22-2012, 04:00 PM
You guys have me really curious about the Black Ace 98. Do you know whether it plays similar to the Black Ace 98 form the mid-nineties? I have a couple of those in storage somewhere. If you recall, they're black with some purple, with something like Wilson's PWS at 3/9...

asekaran
02-22-2012, 04:39 PM
I'll be trying this frame out as soon as it hits the states (hope it does).

I had a 7g that I replaced with the ki 5x, and I actually feel the 5x feels and plays a bit better. Hoping that the new Q tours will play even better. Will be the first time I probably demo/buy a racquet as soon as it comes out if it plays well.

Agent Orynge
02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
You guys have me really curious about the Black Ace 98. Do you know whether it plays similar to the Black Ace 98 form the mid-nineties? I have a couple of those in storage somewhere. If you recall, they're black with some purple, with something like Wilson's PWS at 3/9...

I can't place my finger on it, but it's like some invisible connection which once held sway over so many posters' attention, one that marched them towards Volkl products like the Pied Piper of New York, has been suddenly severed. I can't say I blame you for being curious, Homi. PK makes some fine products.

JGads
02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I can't place my finger on it, but it's like some invisible connection which once held sway over so many posters' attention, one that marched them towards Volkl products like the Pied Piper of New York, has been suddenly severed. I can't say I blame you for being curious, Homi. PK makes some fine products.

100 percent all graphite. No gimmick, just the simple formula that made frames feel so good once and obviously still can. Such sweetness and fullness.

corners
02-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Well, what do you know.

Tennis Warehouse really needs to buy an RDC machine for the European subsidiary.

Agent Orynge
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
100 percent all graphite. No gimmick, just the simple formula that made frames feel so good once and obviously still can. Such sweetness and fullness.

I agree. It's too bad that quality just isn't enough to move product these days.

JGads, you need to make it to the Pro Tour already so PK can get some air time. When people see you playing Djoker at the U.S. Open finals, PK interest is sure to pick up!

JGads
02-22-2012, 06:47 PM
I agree. It's too bad that quality just isn't enough to move product these days.

JGads, you need to make it to the Pro Tour already so PK can get some air time. When people see you playing Djoker at the U.S. Open finals, PK interest is sure to pick up!

I'm on it.

Magic of tennis
02-23-2012, 12:48 AM
I am Volkl x 10 295g fan. It beats dear Prince exo3 tour. I have both of them and tried them for almost a year to come to this conclusion. But sometimes I miss 7G's comfortable feeling I had when I demoed it about 1 year ago. If PK make a racquet like 7G's comfortness with power, I will definitly buy one.

scotus
02-23-2012, 12:57 AM
I am Volkl x 10 295g fan. It beats dear Prince exo3 tour. I have both of them and tried them for almost a year to come to this conclusion. But sometimes I miss 7G's comfortable feeling I had when I demoed it about 1 year ago. If PK make a racquet like 7G's comfortness with power, I will definitly buy one.

I use Organix 10 325g. A great stick.

I was tempted to get the 295g and modify it, but I just can't stand the yellow. The little amount of yellow there is in the 325g is the maximum I can handle.

:)

Magic of tennis
02-24-2012, 12:53 AM
I use Organix 10 325g. A great stick.

I was tempted to get the 295g and modify it, but I just can't stand the yellow. The little amount of yellow there is in the 325g is the maximum I can handle.

:)

yeah some people doesn't like yellow color.
For me, I don't mind any color as long as the stick is amazing. Let's hope that PK Q stick is super shocking amazing.:)

Xonemains
02-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi guys, I'm pretty sure someone is already out there playing with this Q tour!

Any chance one of you guys can write up a mini review?

Especially how it compares with the PK BA 98, and the feel department.

Cheers,

-----------------------------------
2 x PK Blaceace 98
2 x Head pt57a

borgpro
02-29-2012, 04:48 AM
I am curious too, is it available anywhere yet??

000KFACTOR90000
02-29-2012, 05:58 AM
+ 1 curious.

scotus
02-29-2012, 08:42 AM
I am curious too, is it available anywhere yet??

Yes, in Italy.

danix
05-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I've been playing Volkl/Becker for a long time and had to switch to the Ki5 for my tennis elbow (yes, it works). The Ki5 is nothing like the crisp control of my Becker London but it hurts less.

If this Q Tour is everything it's cracked up to be on paper, it's my new frame. Oh and I played PK years before I had ever heard of Volkl :)

danix
05-02-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm told by PK that it will be in the US around May 15th.

Bud
05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Hopefully, it doesn't use that rubberized paint finish they used on the Redondo. The ad says it's the current Black Ace frame with the Kinetic System added.

Racquet-Priority
05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Hopefully, it doesn't use that rubberized paint finish they used on the Redondo. The ad says it's the current Black Ace frame with the Kinetic System added.

I have sold some allready, the paint is not rubbery..

Bud
05-02-2012, 01:20 PM
I have sold some allready, the paint is not rubbery..

Excellent, thanks for the feedback :) That was the only thing I disliked about the Redondo.

Have you hit with the QT?

JUAN_PRADO
05-02-2012, 01:36 PM
No , and the QS verison are available in september

Racquet-Priority
05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Excellent, thanks for the feedback :) That was the only thing I disliked about the Redondo.

Have you hit with the QT?

No problem! I have the preference to be in Europe were it was send to us a couple of weeks ago.. In the begin of April. The paint is not like the glossy cheap paint now a days. It has a really nice finish which reacts on temperature and humidity (you know, when you touch a cold car window with your warm finger i.e.). The black / yellow + finish makes it look like an great frame whit a really expensive look. The paint is not rubbery, like the I.Prestiges i.e.

I had a briefly hit with it. It was a very solid racquet even tough I normaly use much heavier frames (350-360 gram). Spin is what you expect from a 98 inch frame with this pattern (not more and not less). This is actually a racquet I could play with. I sold some to a customer who had a TE. He used a 93 inch 360 gr racquet. His tenniselbow, unless the lighter frame, is almost gone

I think the Kinetic technology is one of the best racquet technologies of the last years. It's a shame Pro Kennex is not as well known as some other brands. Proberbly to do with marketing. Not with quality.

JGads
05-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm told by PK that it will be in the US around May 15th.

Apparently PK is often late, so May 15 might be wishful thinking. TW says early June, but everything is still an estimate.

Pretty solid reviews thus far. Excited to try this out at some point. Concerned about the short handle length, though, which can be bothersome for the two-handed backhand.

borgpro
05-02-2012, 03:52 PM
How stiff is the new Q tour and what would be a good string setup keeping it a bit crisp but given the fact that my elbow hurts using my BLX pro staff 90 even with full multi?
I am about to pull the trigger on TWE..

Bud
05-02-2012, 04:00 PM
How stiff is the new Q tour and what would be a good string setup keeping it a bit crisp but given the fact that my elbow hurts using my BLX pro staff 90 even with full multi?
I am about to pull the trigger on TWE..

The stiffness on the kinetic frames can be misleading. The PK 5G is quite stiff by the numbers but is the most arm-friendly frame on the market.

borgpro
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
The stiffness on the kinetic frames can be misleading. The PK 5G is quite stiff by the numbers but is the most arm-friendly frame on the market.

Thanks. Would technifibre biphase 1 be a good choice, or would the racket become too mushy with this full multi? I am used to a bit stiffer frames. On the other hand I am a bit afraid to use a hybrid in the prokennex given a sore elbow. Or might this work well anyway in this racket given its good comments on absorbing shocks so well?
Any string advice to keep it crisp but not too harsh is very welcome!

Bud
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks. Would technifibre biphase 1 be a good choice, or would the racket become too mushy with this full multi? I am used to a bit stiffer frames. On the other hand I am a bit afraid to use a hybrid in the prokennex given a sore elbow. Or might this work well anyway in this racket given its good comments on absorbing shocks so well?
Any string advice to keep it crisp but not too harsh is very welcome!

Most mutli's are pretty good on a sore arm. I prefer RIP Control over Biphase, however. I currently use full gut in my PDR and have no arm issues.

Definitely avoid poly even in a gut/poly hybrid - which is the softest hybrid you can make with poly. I suffered for a couple of years with TE. It was so bad I was forced to switch to a 2HBH. As long as I avoid poly I'm good. However, when I go back and try it with gut mains I can still feel it in my arm.

borgpro
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Thank you, I will follow your advice! (really tired of the sore elbow, never had that and I have played for more than 25 years at good level). I am looking forward trying this prokennex and I might even also consider trying full gut in my BLX pro staff 90 (crossed my mind before). Thanks!

danix
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Apparently PK is often late, so May 15 might be wishful thinking. TW says early June, but everything is still an estimate.

Well, that came from the US distributor, so I would hope they'd be accurate :)
I have a feeling TW will start taking preorders soon.

rockydennis
05-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Well, that came from the US distributor, so I would hope they'd be accurate :)
I have a feeling TW will start taking preorders soon.

Well, the US distributor told me in January that the Q Tour would come out in mid March. Then at the end of March they said that it'd come out in April. So between them and TW, I'd tend to believe TW's date.

kenyee
05-25-2012, 07:04 PM
The QTour is available in the TW store. Looks intriguing...one review said good amount of spin which is my sole complaint against the PK5G and Redondo MP I have...

Magic of tennis
05-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes Q tour is finally in US.

T0P5P1N@DD1CT
05-26-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm interested to see how this frame plays too. I've been using the Redondo mids for a while. Can't seem to put them down to try to use anything else. There's something about the feel from that frame and the "weight" behind all one's shots. Hope this is as awesome as the specs make it look.