PDA

View Full Version : barricade 7s KILLING my feet

bmtx
01-13-2012, 04:45 AM
hi all, is anyone else having immense pain wearing the adidas b7's? i am having a really hard time with these shoes. my pain is right at the claw, on each foot (only the outside of foot). last night will have been my my 3rd or 4th hour on these shoes. I am a 4.0 player, that came from a very comfortable B6-Team. I think i have pretty normal feet, never had any problems with shoes until this one. did i get a defective pair? or is there something else? anything that can help? thanks in advance for your responses!

dr325i
01-13-2012, 05:53 AM
hi all, is anyone else having immense pain wearing the adidas b7's? i am having a really hard time with these shoes. my pain is right at the claw, on each foot (only the outside of foot). last night will have been my my 3rd or 4th hour on these shoes. I am a 4.0 player, that came from a very comfortable B6-Team. I think i have pretty normal feet, never had any problems with shoes until this one. did i get a defective pair? or is there something else? anything that can help? thanks in advance for your responses!

I would go by the store and try another pair...
I find the B7 to be one of the most comfortable shoes out there...

Hominator
01-13-2012, 06:56 AM

Does the shoe feel too tight at the claw? If so, try loosening just the lower laces near that area and see if that helps. That little bit of play in that area could do wonders for comfort.

bmtx
01-13-2012, 08:21 AM
thanks for your prompt responses.

hmm, i live in the city and the shop in the city doesn't carry adidas =( i ordered my shoes from tw.

the pain is on the outside of my feet, near the claw. the pain feels like its under my pinky toe at the bottom joint. it comes in after the first half an hour of playing (so not in the outset, so i'm not sure if i would notice a diff by trying on another pair without playing). its very annoying, and deters my movement for about half an hour. and then i don't know if its because my body overcomes the pain, or the shoe loosens up, but the pain lessens/fades to an annoying feeling in my foot, but i can feel a soreness in the area.

i certainly don't have wide feet. perhaps even narrow feet. i don't tie the bottom laces tight, just normal snug. but i will try loosening them up during my next session.

any other feedback/advice or similar stories would be appreciated! thanks guys.

tball
01-13-2012, 08:30 AM
I do not think it is shoe-related. I had this once. It was a couple of months ago. I was wearing Nike 2K10. The pain was right where you are describing, and stayed ON for several hours after the play. I thought it was just caused by some misfortunate step during the game. I had those Nike's for about a year before, and had no problems. Also, it healed itself after a week, and never came back again.

I did scare me quite a bit. Since that time, I am trying to stay away from shoes with too thin a cushioning in the front ("close to the ground", as they call it), such as Nike 2K10.

NJ1
01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Only 3 hours play time is very little. Even though the 7s break in is quicker than the 6's, I'd say you are just breaking them in. I had blisters and bruises on my feet when I first tried CB 2.3s. However, I persevered and after about 8 hours they felt like fluffy pillows and I've never worn anything else since.

bmtx
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
I am hoping that is the case. I know 3 hours is not a lot. It's more than like 4, not to split hairs. But from what I've read, the break in should only be an hour, so I was getting worried that the pain is not just from the break in. Maybe I am just not as aggressive in terms of flexing the ball of my feet.

I was a huge fan of the a3 when i played a lot. And liked the b6-teams, but it felt very light on cushioning. I am very hopeful for these shoes, esp since they are $50 more than the team version. I also double up on socks too.

NJ1
01-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I am hoping that is the case. I know 3 hours is not a lot. It's more than like 4, not to split hairs. But from what I've read, the break in should only be an hour, so I was getting worried that the pain is not just from the break in. Maybe I am just not as aggressive in terms of flexing the ball of my feet.

I was a huge fan of the a3 when i played a lot. And liked the b6-teams, but it felt very light on cushioning. I am very hopeful for these shoes, esp since they are $50 more than the team version. I also double up on socks too.

Yah, break in time is always exaggerated to be impossibly short and one hour is not realistic. Also, you could try taking them off and bending the soles back on themselves with with your hands to soften them up. I do this with my 2.3s.

btw, when my last two pairs wear out I'm considering the B7- it's a great shoe and you made the right choice over the Teams.

kevo82
01-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't know about 7, but I remember that 6 were giving me blisters. 5 were the best shoes ever

gramdacious
01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
They were a relatively short break in time for me but not an hour. I briefly had some soreness on the outside of my foot as it was getting used to the front arch angle but that has since gone away. I would continue to give it some more play time, hopefully it goes away. I have wide, relatively flat feet but these things broke-in nicely and I absolutely love them. Coming from a long time Nike user, they take a little longer to get used to but the comfort and grip are outstanding.

WhiteStripes
01-13-2012, 07:06 PM
It took me a bit -- definitely not an hour -- to break in the B7. I'd say probably around 5 hours of court time before I felt really, really comfortable in them (i.e., to the point that I didn't think once about my shoes on the court). I must admit the first couple hours, the last top eyelet dug into my ankle a little bit if I laced the top eyelets fairly tight. Now I don't feel anything, and the shoe feels very comfortable. A bit surprised to hear about the OP's pain if he has narrow feet. My friends who are wearing the B7s and I find the toebox and forefoot area to be fairly roomy.

Homeboy Hotel
01-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Probably why Andy (who is suppose to be wearing Barricade 7 (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/adidas_barricade_70_WhiteBlue/descpageMSADIDAS-AMB7WBL.html)) is now reverted to wearing his 2010 Barricade 5 (http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxue44TvXl1qb2wsio1_500.jpg).

TopFH
01-15-2012, 07:20 AM
^Or maybe, Adidas asked him to use them until the AO.

anantak2k
01-15-2012, 07:35 AM
I don't know about 7, but I remember that 6 were giving me blisters. 5 were the best shoes ever

I started at 3. Loved 3, loved 4, really loved 5. Hated 6 - worst tennis shoes I have ever tried. Have not tried the 7.

kingofstring
01-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I agree the fives were the best I hated the sixes and love the sevens.

anantak2k
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
I agree the fives were the best I hated the sixes and love the sevens.

Guess I need to give the 7s a chance one the black and orange color is available in the US.

adidasman
01-17-2012, 12:40 PM
hi all, is anyone else having immense pain wearing the adidas b7's? i am having a really hard time with these shoes. my pain is right at the claw, on each foot (only the outside of foot). last night will have been my my 3rd or 4th hour on these shoes. I am a 4.0 player, that came from a very comfortable B6-Team. I think i have pretty normal feet, never had any problems with shoes until this one. did i get a defective pair? or is there something else? anything that can help? thanks in advance for your responses! adidas have a VERY generous return policy. I'd say that, if you don't like them and TW won't help you, contact adidas and they'll probably give you full credit of the purchase price toward another pair or something like that.

bmtx
01-17-2012, 03:48 PM
good to know! thanks a lot. i'm on hour 7 or 8 now, and i think it might be easing up. i'll give it a couple more go's, hopefully it'll be all good then.

scotus
01-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe the 6 was tailored specifically to Andy Murray's feet. He doesn't seem to want to switch to the 7.

Vertiz
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi bmtx i know the feeling you're describing. It's sore and kind of strange sensation right? I had the same discomfort my first and second time on court. After about 5 hits (i would say around 10 hours) the shoe will begin to loosen up and pretty soon you won't feel any discomfort. I'm probably on my 50th hour with the shoe now and it's the best shoe I've ever played with. Great stability and traction.