PDA

View Full Version : Which one? Yonex Vcore 95D - Dunlop Biomimetic 200 - Head IG Prestige MP

nikosrf
01-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Which one would you choose?
Any comparisons?

Yonex Vcore 95D - Dunlop Biomimetic 200 - Head IG Prestige MP

RacketFever
01-13-2012, 07:29 AM
I would say that the dunlop has slightly more power than the Ig prestige mp but in terms of feel, the MP wins for me. Control is great on both, with the swing weight more or less the same.
I haven't tried the Vcore 95D.

nikosrf
01-13-2012, 07:33 AM
I play with the YT Prestige MP. I want to switch because it gives me pain in my elbow..
do you think the Dunlop feel softer? and which one swings lighter?

un6a
01-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes dunlop feels softer, but prestige swings lighter

ghia
01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I have and played with both the dunlop 200 (aerogel 4D) and the YT prestige MP (not the IG). Hope it helps!
The prestige hurts my elbow bad no matter what it is strung with. Have palyed with XCel at 55 and AluPower at 45 but hurts anyhow.
By contrast the 200 I love. It is delicate with your joints no matter how bad you are playing. Have tried it only strung with multis though.
I much, much prefer the feel of the dunlop, no question about it. It has a bigger sweetspot also and immensely more plow through. The prestige feel holow and vibrates a lot, it definetely lacks mass in the hoop.

ghia
01-13-2012, 10:12 AM
And they both work well with thin gauge strings (17 or 18 even better) - if you're not a string breaker

nikosrf
01-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I was also thinking about RD Ti 80 Lite and the New Prostuff 95 but i am afraid of their weight. I play with no problem with the Prestige, the Pro Kenenx Ionic Ki5 the RDiS 100MP i had. The RDiS 200 i have now (for sale) is a bit more heavy.. I hope dunlop is there where i can handle it...i guess i have to take that risk.

Timbo's hopeless slice
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
ok, I just spent a year playing with the bio 200, love them, absolutley love them..

but

THe Yonex rep gave me a v-Core 95D to try with a view to a sponsorship deal and I am smitten.

Very similar to the Dunlop but with some extra power that I confess to finding addictive. Still recommend teh Dunlop bio 200 to anybody, but I have switched to Yonex

(background : coaching pro / open tournament player)

oh, teh head was too stiff for me..

dgoran
01-13-2012, 08:40 PM
95D is excellent.

crosscourt
01-14-2012, 01:36 AM
These are very different rackets. The 95D is really quite powrful for a stick in this category and is great for power/spin hitting from the baseline. The Bio 200 is very flexible, not at all powerful, with great feel and touch. The Head is also not a powerful frame but plays a modern spin/power game a little better than the Dunlop. I think you should work out which game you play and make a decision based on that.

cc

nikosrf
01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I hit with the Vcore 95D today. The first think impressed me was the muted soft feel. It reminded me a littlebit the RQiS1Tour. The head shape too. But with less flex in the throat. The head size felt biger than 95 and when you hit the sweet spot (that was relatively big) has a very nice feeling!!! When not, the stick was solid. No vibration passed to the arm. I didn't find so much extra power that others mentioned...i would discribe it better, as controled power. The stick is strung with Pacific Poly Force Original@24Kg and i think it paired well. Nice volleyng stick too. I didn't serve much, so i don't have a clear opinion.
Also it felt more head heavy than any other Yonex stick i used (RDS 100 MP, RDiS100 MP, RDiS200, RQiS1 Tour, RDS 200) and maybe that helped to swing it faster.
At the start i hit with some protective tape at the bump guard that gave a little extra weihgt to the ball.
The only think it bothered me, was when i got tired and my concentration lost and my timing was off, i couldn't hit deep defence shots, but that's maybe because of me.
I ll try to hit again tomorrow.
I am thinking to keep this stick

Fed Kennedy
01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I think the 95d is kind of a sleeper. Can hit all shots really well. Good power, sick slices, not heavy, not light. Very comfy, good gripshape, killer pj. Like it.
The 98d is nice too, a little stiffer, with some leadtape could be a contender. Not as natural feeling though.
Notice the tw review, Granville (prostaff guru) rated it verry high.

Ross K
01-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I think the 95d is kind of a sleeper. Can hit all shots really well. Good power, sick slices, not heavy, not light. Very comfy, good gripshape, killer pj. Like it.
The 98d is nice too, a little stiffer, with some leadtape could be a contender. Not as natural feeling though.
Notice the tw review, Granville (prostaff guru) rated it verry high.

How's the 95d different to the 6.1?

Fed Kennedy
01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
How's the 95d different to the 6.1?

Softer at impact. 16x20 trajectory more like a storm (good mix of flat and spin). Thinner beam and narrow head feels quicker through air. More lively upper hoop. Lacks the bulletproof blocking power of six one.
Ball coming off the racquet reminded me of the denser 18 mains 6.1.

Its a less full bodied racquet than the six one. It really reminded me of a pstgt except the upper hoop feels firmer and the headsize a touch smaller. D for drive is no joke on this one, it feels really good when you bend down and drive the ball.

I am not a yonex expert in fact i fear yonex but this is a good frame.

JGads
01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Softer at impact. 16x20 trajectory more like a storm (good mix of flat and spin). Thinner beam and narrow head feels quicker through air. More lively upper hoop. Lacks the bulletproof blocking power of six one.
Ball coming off the racquet reminded me of the denser 18 mains 6.1.

Its a less full bodied racquet than the six one. It really reminded me of a pstgt except the upper hoop feels firmer and the headsize a touch smaller. D for drive is no joke on this one, it feels really good when you bend down and drive the ball.

I am not a yonex expert in fact i fear yonex but this is a good frame.

Softer than the 6.1? Man, I must have had an awful string job way back when I hit this. Maybe hollow core.

Fed Kennedy
01-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Softer than the 6.1? Man, I must have had an awful string job way back when I hit this. Maybe hollow core.

Felt pretty cush to me. The 6.1 is a rock. A muted rock, not pingy, but a rock.
This yoner feels like low 60s. The 98 feels noticeably stiffer.

The 95 is downright comfy. I like stiff racs though, perhaps my meter is off.

nikosrf
01-28-2012, 01:57 PM
JGads,
the Vcore felt surprising soft to me
softer than YT Prestige MP and RDiS200

JGads
01-28-2012, 02:23 PM
JGads,

This information is blowing my mind.

Murray_fan1
01-28-2012, 02:28 PM
This information is blowing my mind.

Gads,

I think I see another demo of this stick in your future:)

Fed Kennedy
01-28-2012, 02:46 PM
JGads,

Wow. That is surprising. Rdis200 to me felt rrreally soft. Like old school soft.

nikosrf
01-28-2012, 03:00 PM
MAybe was the strings. I played RDiS200 with 2 setups
hybrid with wilson sensation and prince syn gut strung at 52lbs
and full poly (a black one from wilson that i can't remember the name)
I tried 95D with full Pcific Poly Forcre @ 52-53lbs