PDA

View Full Version : Vantage racquet swing weight

luishcorreia
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
I have a vantage raqcuet, 310g, unstrung, 6pts HL, 325mm balance point, standard lenght.

What should be the swingweight of this racquet?

I measured it with the swingtool app for ipad and got a value of 343. That seems about right to me. What do u guys think?

I also measured a wilson Blx blade 98, and got a value of 326. In the TW web site they say this racquet has a 335 sw.

ZeroSkid
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM
no 343 is way too high considering the weight, too head heavy, and the blx balde has an unusually high swing weight for its weight, just check another racquet around the same weight and you will get a swing weight around 320

Lphansen
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi, 343 seems ok..

I have a fem vantages vt 321, 290 grams, leather, overgrip, dampener that All are customized to SW around 330..

Regar lphansen

ChicagoJack
01-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Regarding your Vantage : based on the mass, length, and balance point, your SW should be in the 300 - 330 range.

Edit : After double checking a few similar frames, I'd narrow that down a bit to 315 - 335 SW.
Here's how I got there, if y'all wanna double check my thinking on this have at it, I'm just a dumb jock.

- String weighs about 15g on average, and alters your balance about 3 points.
- So your strung specs are 325g and 3pts HL.
- Plug those specs into the TW racquet finder, and you see the results in the Pic below.

Or, use this:
http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/howto_swingweight.php

-Jack

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/olmo21/12356.jpg

luishcorreia
01-14-2012, 06:51 AM
If the Wilson BLX Blade has a SW of 335, the Vantage SW is going always to be higher than the BLX, no?

The vantage is heavier with the same exact balance.. and the BLX is much more maneuverable. Probably the Vantage frame SW is around 340 to 345, no?

ChicagoJack
01-14-2012, 12:33 PM
If the Wilson BLX Blade has a SW of 335, the Vantage SW is going always to be higher than the BLX, no?

The vantage is heavier with the same exact balance.. and the BLX is much more maneuverable. Probably the Vantage frame SW is around 340 to 345, no?

luishcorreia -

Yeah cool, I understand your logic here, but are you sure the balance points are the same? I estimated your strung balance on your Vantage (from the unstrung specs you supplied) being three points head light, the Wilson BLX Blade 98 is 2 points HL. Have you physically compared your balance points, using a balance board, or a tape measure and the edge of a counter?

-Jack

luishcorreia
01-14-2012, 01:59 PM
luishcorreia -

Yeah cool, I understand your logic here, but are you sure the balance points are the same? I estimated your strung balance on your Vantage (from the unstrung specs you supplied) being three points head light, the Wilson BLX Blade 98 is 2 points HL. Have you physically compared your balance points, using a balance board, or a tape measure and the edge of a counter?

-Jack

Unstrung they are both 6pts HL (325mm).

Strung they are also about the same. I've measured with a balance "table" and I got about 335mm.

ollinger
01-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I used to use a Vantage 100 with the same specs as the OP, SW felt to be in 320-325 vicinity, certainly not 343.

stules
01-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I have owned six vantage 95's. Both 16x19 and 18x20
They were all 320-321sw

ChicagoJack
01-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Unstrung they are both 6pts HL (325mm).

Strung they are also about the same. I've measured with a balance "table" and I got about 335mm.

Cool, got it. Your frames are 2.5 pts Headlight.

2 Pts HL = 33.66 cm
3 Pts HL = 33.35 cm

YIKERS. We are splitting hairs now, for a general estimate, on a really complex issue. I know you are really invested in using the BLX as a reference point, but I've given you the SW of four other very similar frames, all of which fall in the 315-335 range. If I was a betting man, I'd place my bets on four data points not one, and I'd also take note of Ollinger's, Stule's, and ZeroSkid's comments. But that's just me. I'm not in the arm twisting business. I hope I've been helpful, and I do hope you find your certainty in whatever form it takes. Either way.. at the end of the day... what you really have... is two very nice frames.
-Jack

luishcorreia
01-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Cool, got it. Your frames are 2.5 pts Headlight.

2 Pts HL = 33.66 cm
3 Pts HL = 33.35 cm

YIKERS. We are splitting hairs now, for a general estimate, on a really complex issue. I know you are really invested in using the BLX as a reference point, but I've given you the SW of four other very similar frames, all of which fall in the 315-335 range. If I was a betting man, I'd place my bets on four data points not one, and I'd also take note of Ollinger's, Stule's, and ZeroSkid's comments. But that's just me. I'm not in the arm twisting business. I hope I've been helpful, and I do hope you find your certainty in whatever form it takes. Either way.. at the end of the day... what you really have... is two very nice frames.
-

Definitly :)

I was just more inetrested in finding out if the ipad app works well or not. For the blade it had a similar value than the one posted on TW.

At the end of the day..its all about getting the ball in ;)

ChicagoJack
01-15-2012, 09:34 AM
^^^^ Agreed ;) While I still have you on the phone, how do you (or anybody else in the thread) like your Vantage? I've been eyeballing them for years. I'd be interested in your comments if you have the time.

luishcorreia
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
^^^^ Agreed ;) While I still have you on the phone, how do you (or anybody else in the thread) like your Vantage? I've been eyeballing them for years. I'd be interested in your comments if you have the time.

I am n my fifth vantage frame. Thats how much i like them. I have had 3 racquets 4 years ago and sold them to buy 2 babolat pure drive anniversary edition...I thought I needed some extra power... Big mistake. Went back to vantage. Same specs. I will never look back. Solid racquets. Well built and 5 stars customer service - I talk directly with Paul in MSN..

You should give it try...choosing your own specs..?? Come on...what can beat that???