PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Fruity Loops or Ableton Users

Icedorb217
01-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Hey was just wondering how many of us here produce music. I personally dont as of now but I've been wanting to learn it for so long. Post away!

KenC
01-14-2012, 06:00 AM
Hey was just wondering how many of us here produce music. I personally dont as of now but I've been wanting to learn it for so long. Post away!

I've been playing electric guitar for way too many years. I don't know much about Fruity Loops but do use Ableton Live every now and then with the Session View. It is an interesting way to test out various arrangement possibilities.

I usually work in Reaper. It is an amazing DAW software for only 60 clams. I used to use Cakewalk's Sonar but gave up on the exorbitant costs for new features that I didn't need and no progress on the bugs in the features I did use.

If you are just getting started, good luck! It's hard enough to come up with creative music as a musician, and then to turn around and get a great mix happening is a whole other art form. Just getting drums to sound good in a mix is a major feat. And then there's mastering....

There are a lot of music production tutorial videos that can quickly get you up to speed on the basics of music production.

Have fun!