PDA

View Full Version : Which is more important: overall weight or balance?

Maui19
01-14-2012, 08:22 AM
I am trying to match my new racquet to the one I currently use (they're both the same make/model). I am trying to match three perameters: overall weight, swingweight and racquet balance. Without modifying the first (original) racquet, I can get the new racquet pretty close.

Option one is the have the new racquet be 4 grams heavier while matching the SW and balance.

Option two is the have the new racquet match the weight and SW of the original, but be 3 pts head-heavier than the orig.

I am going for option one: match SW and blance but be a few grams heavier.

Would you choose to match overall weight, or balance, or would you opt for something in between?

TaihtDuhShaat
01-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Well, if you go the heavier, same balance route, it will be more stable. If you go same weight and more HH, it will be more powerful, less stable. You can match them more closely if you counter balance at the top of the grip.

un6a
01-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I am trying to match my new racquet to the one I currently use (they're both the same make/model). I am trying to match three perameters: overall weight, swingweight and racquet balance. Without modifying the first (original) racquet, I can get the new racquet pretty close.

Option one is the have the new racquet be 4 grams heavier while matching the SW and balance.

Option two is the have the new racquet match the weight and SW of the original, but be 3 pts head-heavier than the orig.

I am going for option one: match SW and blance but be a few grams heavier.

Would you choose to match overall weight, or balance, or would you opt for something in between?

1st option will be closer to your current racquet. 4 gram difference in weight is much smaller than 3pts difference in balance.

Thepowerofchoice
01-14-2012, 10:33 AM
^^^yes go with option 1